Posts by Currawong

Guys, just FYI, since someone reported this: People aren't supposed to be building stuff for profit on here without informing a moderator, as that would make them a Member of the Trade under our Terms of Service: http://head-fi.org/a/terms-of-service. Not to mention, as reputable as a person may be, when overwhelmed with requests for something, they can very well fall apart or panic, or something happens to them, which leads to this kind of situation.  This is one of the...
 You can make that four. I have an ALO Audio Reference 16 cable on my pair at the moment which adds a touch of warmth (they are set up for the Studio Six). The result was surprisingly good.  I tried the set-up going iPad -> Vaunix USB hub -> Geek Out 1000 and it didn't sound as good as my computer did as a transport.  A CLAS was the same in that regard. It did sound good with IEMs though, in this case DITA The Truth. 
 One interesting thing about this comparison has been how irrelevant my usual assumptions about DA chip sound has been. The HM-901 uses a Sabre yet it sure as heck doesn't sound like it does (to me at least).  I finally got around to trying the X5 with DSD and it sounds good. Not sure I'd bother with it over PCM given the massive file size, but then, there some stuff from High Definition Tape Transfers which is fantastic -- but also available in PCM. Another interesting...
 I disagree, because high res files alone don't make better sound. Likewise, neither do regular measurements, such as RMAA, tell you how a device will do playing back complex music under load. Be careful that people are taking measurements just to put down a device. There are quite a few people out there saying "Everything has a flat frequency response, it's all the same/it's a rip-off/whatever." That ain't science, that's abusing facts to be deliberately misleading. With...
 I tried the CLAS both from an iPhone and using USB from my computer and the latter was noticeably better. I agree with @x838nwy that the AK240 is better, but also better than the CLAS from my computer. I don't know if this will be the same for all devices that can be used as a DAC for both though. One of the primary benefits of the AK240 is that it can do everything in one unit and play high-res and DSD files too, along with streaming from your computer.   Something worth...
Topic -- before we are derailed again.  
Audirvana with up-sampling -> Audiophilleo 1+PP -> Audio-gd NOS1704 -> WA7 -> HD-800s with jazz = Who needs DSD?  
I've finally gotten around to listen with the ZX-1 again after the software update. It sounds a little bit smoother and seems to have lost that aggression that it had before. Comparing it again to the AK240 (SE only) the upgrade makes it closer, but the dynamics of individual instruments are still slightly better with the AK240.    Taking into account the price, the Sony has come out very strongly.
Just imagine how screwed up inside she must be to behave this way. It will do more for you if you can look past your feelings, pity her and forgive her, not that it would be easy.
WARNING: DO NOT REPLY TO OR DISCUSS THIS POST.   Everyone, please re-read the Posting Guidelines. In all honesty, 99% of the problems that come up in discussion are the result of people replying to offensive, off-topic or otherwise inappropriate posts. Posting about how the thread has gone off track or whatever just makes it worse! Don't do it! That includes replying to or discussing this post. When someone posts something that makes you annoyed, ignore, flag (if it...