Posts by Currawong

Shipping discussion has been moved to the main thread. 
I don't think this has anything to do with the bit-perfect quality of the stream, but electrical issues. I don't know about over other interfaces, but USB isn't designed for continuous music streaming to a DAC. It is designed to be interrupted, to share the data pipe with other devices of different types and protocols and isn't insulted well for noise by audio equipment standards.    I suspect what is happening that Audirvana Plus and other players sound better is that...
So there is no confusion: I asked AnnoyedBuyer about his intentions and offered, repeatedly, to help him solve his problems, but he seemed only interested acting out his personal vendetta and accusing anyone who wouldn't let him with the usual nonsense, so I've banned his account.   Please continue on with the discussion of the product (and not this incident). Thanks. 
 If you would take the time to read your welcome message, in your Private Messages, as well as the links inside, you would know that posts from new members that contain links are auto-moderated, due to issues with spam.  What I recommend is this: You first read the Posting Guidelines. We don't allow personal attacks or rude generalisations about others here.Second, you PM me about re-naming your account, as I don't imagine anyone would want to stay annoyed for very long,...
danmlr, each person has their own subjective preferences about what they consider "valid" or useful in a review. If you're looking for scientific reviews of products, I suggest either a: frequenting a forum where that is the norm, or b: doing your own. One might argue that even ignoring testing, there are probably many purely subjective reviews which aren't useful to many people out there.
 Incorrect. Some more experienced Head-Fiers *do* volume match. For example, have a read of this one: FiiO X5 2nd Generation Review by Brooko
[[SPOILER]]
[[SPOILER]]
 FTFY. 
 Asking for more information or clarification of someone's experiences is not the same thing as questions posted with the intent to attack or otherwise denigrate the person, or starting and/or continuing a huge argument about something that is off-topic to the thread. In those cases posts are often reported and are then deleted, then you and the other people involved get a polite request not to do that again.