Posts by Currawong

@Happytalk
 It's a Schiit Wyrd. Makes quite a difference to the USB input.   I hope to do more videos. Not sure exactly what of yet though!   A cleared credit card? I kid... If anything, maybe a microSD card with adaptor full of your favourite music if you want to try DAPs. A CD for some full-sized rigs and/or a USB thumb drive. Sources at tables vary. Otherwise, yourself! Come up, say hi, and forgive me if I ask you to say your forum name twice as years of living in Japan has...
I've moved this to a new thread for you.
 Good questions! Much of it will depend on the amp.   I think you need to talk to Dan, because that is not what he said at all.   Some MIT cables arrived for them as well, which give unusual results. It's more that the Ethers will show up changes in anything in the chain. There will be about 16 pairs at the show on different gear, so a lot of impressions will be forthcoming.
I have to say that I have the nicest hotel rig I'm listening to right now!     This is pretty much the only time I'll get to listen to gear as I'll be busy at the show.
All you guys arguing about burgers! I'm just happy to be able to visit even Whole Foods! 
You beat me to posting my own video! 
I'm going to borrow Warren's pair and compare them later. I'm uploading the video I made of Dan talking about them ATM. I'm not sure the hotel wireless will support doing that though!
Since someone asked about the HD-800s, I can A/B them on the spot with the Hugo. The HD-800s (my slightly modified version anyway) are more spacious, and the Ether more intimate with the extremely varied acoustic music I listen to. They both have a sense of effortlessness to the sound. I feel that the HD-800s might be describable as more precise but "sterile"-sounding.  The music with the HD-800s seems further away in a sense, whereas with the Ethers is seems closer and...
 No, no, no and no. And some more no for good measure.   You may ask nicely and I'll see what I can do when I have time.