Posts by Currawong

This amp isn't seeing as much use as I had hoped it would so I'm selling it.   I bought this in the Massdrop sale for $1241.89 ($1194.99 + $46.90 in shipping). I'm selling it for $1250 INCLUDING shipping anywhere (except South American countries) via EMS with tracking. Shipping will cost me $50 alone. The amp sells new for about $1700 normally.    It will be sent with all the original packaging and accessories and it is in excellent condition. 
This was also posted about in another thread, as pages repeatedly refreshing.    It appears that due to a caching issue, presumably to do with methods to save bandwidth, that pages don't update as much as they should. I just loaded my messages on another computer which I hadn't used to browse Head-Fi for a week or two and got my messages page as it looked back then. Since I can't (as far as I know) clear the cache in Chrome on my phone, nor shift-reload pages, it makes...
The problem as I understand it is the very high voltages required. Since a lot of electronics, such as TVs, have moved to much lower-powered solutions, the manufacture of a lot of high-voltage devices has ceased, making it harder to mass-manufacture amps. That means tube and transformer solutions.
YKYAAW when you'll fly to another country to attend an audio show. 
My Thinsulate-lined boots arrived from Massdrop sooner than expected. Given how cold it has become here lately I'm glad that they arrived first!
It also depends on the music. I tend to listen to acoustic music, so the 880 had a moderate boost. But some more bass-oriented music might be overwhelming with them. It is the same with the sibilance: I only had it with one track, which was the same one I thought sounded better on the 860s.
If there was a change, it would most definitely be deliberate I reckon.
I agree: They are best if the S-Logic works well with your ears and brain. If not, they sound rather odd.
The video was a bit rushed, but here it is:  
 From their web site: