Posts by Currawong

This was also posted about in another thread, as pages repeatedly refreshing.    It appears that due to a caching issue, presumably to do with methods to save bandwidth, that pages don't update as much as they should. I just loaded my messages on another computer which I hadn't used to browse Head-Fi for a week or two and got my messages page as it looked back then. Since I can't (as far as I know) clear the cache in Chrome on my phone, nor shift-reload pages, it makes...
The problem as I understand it is the very high voltages required. Since a lot of electronics, such as TVs, have moved to much lower-powered solutions, the manufacture of a lot of high-voltage devices has ceased, making it harder to mass-manufacture amps. That means tube and transformer solutions.
YKYAAW when you'll fly to another country to attend an audio show. 
My Thinsulate-lined boots arrived from Massdrop sooner than expected. Given how cold it has become here lately I'm glad that they arrived first!
It also depends on the music. I tend to listen to acoustic music, so the 880 had a moderate boost. But some more bass-oriented music might be overwhelming with them. It is the same with the sibilance: I only had it with one track, which was the same one I thought sounded better on the 860s.
If there was a change, it would most definitely be deliberate I reckon.
I agree: They are best if the S-Logic works well with your ears and brain. If not, they sound rather odd.
The video was a bit rushed, but here it is:  
 From their web site: 
 Note: I think he meant "spacing before punctuation".