Posts by Currawong

None. Now if MarkSpace got of their rear end and updated the Missing Sync to work, the problem would be solved, but alas it may not be worth it to them. You might be better suited to a portable DAC/amp that has iDevice support instead, eg: Centrance M8 or the up-coming mini version or similar things from Sony, ALO Audio and others and get an iPod touch (or iPhone).  Totally unacceptable! If you aren't spending enough that you can barely eat, you're letting the team down! 
A thread discussing a product is going to have both positive and negative comments. If any of you can't handle opinions you don't like, and feel the need to resort to personal attacks, let me say that is the most common reason that users end up locked out of threads and, in the worst cases, banned.    Everyone who posted in the last couple of pages must read the Posting Guidelines again and, thereafter, be civil please. Read them carefully. I'll know if you haven't. 
 The problem is, different departments. FiiO, iBasso, Iriver and Calyx, as far as I know, don't have different departments for different devices. Sony is a HUGE company. They moved the headphone and I think another or more audio divisions into the same building together so they could all work together on products and they are getting results, if not instantly. When Sony makes a product, a huge network of departments in many countries have to produce training, marketing and...
Granted that you are paying primarily for labour -- ie: making the things, there are a few guys around the forums who make (arguably) reasonably priced cables that "sound good".   Just for fun, I compared 4 different aftermarket Sennheiser HD-800 cables. The price of interconnects probably wont be that radically different from the headphone cables and the differences possibly even more subtle, but I'd still take them over a pair of Blue Jeans or similar for preference....
To add to what @ProtegeManiac said, some manufacturers sell direct, like Schiit, and some have dealer networks. The latter will have a much bigger markup compared to the former in some cases, making it even more confusing.    If anything, the most critical component, IMO, is not a component, but the music you listen to. To give my own musical tastes as an example, I like Van Halen, but it is poorly recorded, even now, so whether I listen to it in the car or with one of...
Is there any chance you could go to Canjam or another meet (see the meets forum)? You could sample a heap of gear there with your own music (bring a microSD card and SD card adaptor and maybe a CD or SACD or portable hard drive). That would be worth the airfare and hotel costs for a night or two over losing the same amount on the gear selling it second-hand if you don't like it IMO.
 Yes, this is a more realistic plot. I'm going to take a guess (since I've talked to Nao a bit beforehand about what he thinks is good or not in headphones) and guess that it might be similar, but because it is closed, you wont have the deep-bass drop-off that you get in the MA900s. My experience with headphones that are a few db up in the deep bass rather than the mid-bass is that they they are comfortably bass-strong without seeming to overdo it and affect the mids. The...
Do you use custom IEMs? We aren't talking about speakers here. We didn't have IEM amps back in the '70s. This is a totally different ball game.
Slight correction:    .47 for anything. 47 Ohm output for 300 Ohms + headphones (ideally, but anything with an impedance higher than 47 Ohms would work OK) and line out to an amp.