Posts by howie75

I usually listen through my Lenovo X220>Meier Daccord> Bottle Crack w/sb> HD650. My M-Stage definitely is being neglected. Not shown in pictures are Grado SR225, KSC-35, Sony CD 780.  
Theogenes,   Glad to see you have received the DACCORD, but I am sorry you are having some issues. I had a somewhat similar experience when I tried to connect the DACCORD to my 4 year old desktop, running Windows Vista. Before I got the DACCORD, I did not really have a permanent listening  setup. I used a tv tray to support my udac, M-stage and X220 laptop while sitting on the couch. After I moved several months ago, I never bothered setting up my desktop...
      Hmmm... choices, choices. I was leaning towards the Classic and T1 for my next upgrade. Although my mind is all over the place with all the options out there, and to complicate things further, I have a Bottlehead Crack coming in a few weeks. I wanted to test the waters with my first tube amp and first DIY project. Now that I know I have a great DAC, I am thinking of all the possibilities of future upgrades. I really want to listen to the T1, LCD-2, HE500, HD800...
I thought I'd share my somewhat embarrassing and funny initial experience with the Daccord.   I finally arrived home in the early evening after dinner with an old college buddy, whom I have not seen  in a couple of years. I passed on after dinner drinks as I had other urgent matters to attend to- the Daccord, hehe. I proceeded to unpack the Daccord and cables (optical, power, usb) from its nicely packaged box.  Plugged everything in, except the usb cable, as Dr....
Theogenes,    I obviously would've loved to have received the Daccord sooner.  But I think the fact that I ordered it on a Saturday(6/22) and the 4th of July holiday probably added to the shipping time a bit. According to the USPS tracking information, I think my package even took a several day tour of the USPS sorting facility.  Tracking info indicated it arrived at the same facility twice, and was sorted at the facility twice. Regarding the tracking system, there...
  Yay, I finally received the Daccord. It took just a little over 3 weeks after the order was placed.   Too bad I am at the office, and cannot listen to it right away. I am beginning to feel a little sick and probably should go home early today.   Focker, I will take your suggestions and keep them in mind. Although I am not sure how much weight my opinions would carry for a couple of reasons; 1. This is my first decent DAC, I currently use a Udac. Heck, its my first...
I would also be interested in any comparisons between the koss and he500. I have been considering possible upgrades from my current hd650, and I am thinking those two seem to offer a different listening experience. Price-wise, they seem similar-$999 for the Koss system, $699 (he500) + $200 (Emotiva amp).
Wow. That is a sweet deal. Too bad I ordered mine a couple of weeks too early.
My DACCORD just left New Jersey! - according to the tracking information.   I feel like a kid before Christmas.
For the sake of my wallet, I really should stop subscribing to this thread.   In all seriousness, I wanted to thank all of you who have contributed to this thread, as all the comments helped me finally purchase my first full sized DAC, so I can stop using my udac.  I ordered the DACCORD after stumbling to this thread, just before the spring sale  was winding down. Actually, I didn't even really notice the sale price until a few days after I placed the...