Posts by Exediron

It was
 I would have been very disappointed in Rosberg if he hadn't. With a car that's at least a second a lap quicker than anything else in the dry, he should (and did) have been able to get easily past the whole lot of them, and personally I think he should have been able to do it sooner. He's showing the same lack of aggression that really cost him in Bahrain, and if he keeps it up his championship lead is going to start counting up in the negatives very quickly. Personally,...
 I'm still a McLaren (hard though that has been for the last year-and-a-bit) fan and yes, a bit of that has carried over - but mostly I just think Hamilton (together with Raikkonen and Alonso, although I'm afraid Raikkonen's window to get another one is pretty much shut - I'd love to be proven wrong, though) is just a driver who deserves more championships than he has on the strength of his ability. And there are perhaps drivers - not naming any - who might possibly...
 In the dry, the Merc customer teams have seemed quite capable of challenging Red Bull and Ferrari from time to time (Both McLarens in Melbourne, Hulk in Malaysiya, Perez in Bahrain to name a few) - it's just that Mercedes itself is the only Merc engined team who seem to have a truly top-of-the-line aero and chassis package at the moment. Hopefully the Spain upgrades will equalize things a bit.  [[SPOILER]]  At this point, I'd be willing to bet on Hamilton ending this...
Hamilton's position alone proves that to not be representative of the actual pace of the field. I'll be interested to see what advantage the new front wing gives the Mercs (like they needed more advantage, but at least it keeps 'em ahead of RBR )...
 I wouldn't be so sure of that. Renault and Ferrari presumably didn't do it because they didn't think of it, not because they couldn't. Knowing that it is possible and does work as intended, I think it's very likely that all three other engine manufacturers can figure out how to do it - they don't need Mercedes to spell it out for them. It's not like Honda is a little company with no R&D who can't research things like materials or operating temperatures on their own...
 Didn't they do just that at the height of the Ground Effects era, complaining that the cars were rapidly nearing the ability of the human body to handle? I can't find any actual quotes, but I could swear I read some at one time... Anyway, I think this year's cars being slower than last is going to be quite temporary. They're close already - qualifying and fastest laps within about a second - and there's definitely more potential to be unlocked. It would be more fair to...
This just baffles me. Why on earth would anyone prefer a noise level where you have to wear protection to listen? Does anyone say 'I went to the movies recently, and I was so disappointed that the screen wasn't turned up so bright I needed sunglasses?'; no, because that would be silly. I can see liking the old sound better; I can see liking it a bit louder. But when people specifically complain that you don't need ear protection is when they lose me.
Best race so far, no question for me. So many team mates fighting wheel to wheel! More of that for the rest of the season, please. I agree with Niki - not boring at all.   With Mercedes showing their true hand, I think this should get rid of the 'Red Bull will catch Mercedes any time now' rumors. Red Bull may catch everyone else, but Mercedes remain so far ahead of the rest I think they'll have the constructor's championship sewn up in record time. I wouldn't be shocked...
Only if Rosberg is a better driver than Hamilton and Raikkonen is a better driver than Alonso... Just because he's been ahead twice when Vettel did have/may have had issues doesn't mean he's better. Is Ricciardo close to Vettel on one-lap pace? Definitely yes. We'll have to wait for the rest of the season before we can say he's better, but he is a lot closer than I expected. Happy to see Raikkonen more on top of his car again as well, and I hope he can have a trouble-free...