or Connect

Posts by obobskivich

How do you have this all hooked up? It's possible that you're just missing a setting somewhere on the computer.
Can't comment on sound (and I'll explain why), but I'd look at Etymotic. I've been using their passive earplugs for years and find them very comfortable and they isolate well - they make a version that's actually an IEM (uses the same tips, similar size, etc, its just a full on headphone and not just an earplug) that's around $100; that'd be where I'd start. If your goal is to block out airplane noise, ANC headphones (and we'll go right for the brass ring: Bose) would be...
I haven't heard the HE-400i that I'm aware of (I recently got to demo a number of HiFiMan cans; none really impressed me and they're all so blessed heavy), but I would strongly object to any reasoning that's "they are better because they are [some generalizable quality]" (e.g. "they are better because they are open" or "they are better because they are blue" or whatever). This is an admittedly limited/biased comparison given that I don't own any of the HFM cans, and lived...
The sub likely has a y-splitter inside it - if you opened it up its likely those jacks are wired common with a bus bar, and it draws the signal from that (into probably a relatively high impedance) and filters that into its own amplifier. As far as the speakers are concerned, the sub probably doesn't even exist. It *may* be a more elaborate crossover, but that would be rare.
Just out of curiosity: they're going to become non-wooden colored at $599 too?
+1.A lot of Furman and Panamax (that sounds wrong - it may be slightly different name) studio gear can do stuff like that, and I've worked on setups that have multiple (linked) rack-mount power centers that turns on equipment in different rooms in this manner. Nothing is broken/damaged by it, however keep in mind some gear has a "soft start" or "momentary" power switch, and it won't let you cycle it this way (a lot of computers work this way (by default), for example), but...
The settings on the ZxR are not optimal; all the wiring is correct. Change: - Windows to "ZxR Analog out" - ZxR control panel to "Play Stereo Mix to Digital Out" - ZxR control panel to "Headphones" - All output volumes at 100%. Without the #2 setting you have to use the "digital out" which will bypass big chunks of the Creative driver (this is a Windows thing, not a Creative thing), and Creative's work-around is the "play stereo mix" setting. You can enable the...
There's tons of small sites like that which use affiliate marketing/retail garbage to try and milk money - iirc it's not allowed here (e.g. if I was an affiliate marketing person I could not post my links here, not that we can't talk about it). Personally I wouldn't bother using it - unless the site actually specifically sold you on something (in which case they should also be a retailer but I get that the "social media revolution" has changed the way a lot of people shop)...
"At home" says "isolation doesn't matter" to me, but "off my laptop" says "mobile user." Those two usually don't comport (if you're going to use these mobile, a closed-back can would be better). Anyways, for an open can given your budget: Sennheiser HD 600 and pick up an amp (there's tons of options) while you're there - whole thing will be out the door for under $500 and do a good job with anything you throw at it.
Agree with "there is no universal best" but for the genres you've described, on the dynamic side, I'd say Audio-Technica ATH-W5000 without a second thought.