or Connect

Posts by obobskivich

Not uncommon at all with scratched or damaged discs. Also in some cases you may be ripping a different pressing than the database has, so it won't line up either. If the track plays without corruption, clicks, pops, etc it's probably fine.
No - an amp will not make the 701 a bassy headphone; they will always be bass-light. As far as the positional audio bit - can you please be more specific? What circumstances are "unclear"? Specific games or specific directions? Or specific types of music? Or what? How is it "unclear?"
Haven't tried tubes with gaming (honestly not a huge tube fan - they run hot and can be finnicky), but I can't imagine it'd be any sort of "world ending" experience. The vast majority of positional audio is the result of the upstream processing (e.g. the HRTF computation on the computer) and the final radiation at the headphone/speaker (e.g. headphones with really good imaging). The amp and DAC, IME, don't have a lot to say about that.I will also add that I've yet to come...
US made? Check out Channel Islands Audio, Grado Labs, Schiit Audio, and Woo Audio.I'm curious what you mean by "push them to the potential I would like to hear" however - it should most certainly be able to achieve sufficient loudness, so what exactly are you chasing? (I ask because I've seen people throw literally thousands of dollars at amplifiers, cables, etc when in reality all they needed was a different pair of cans).See the previous above posts as to how "surround...
I don't understand "out of options" - unless I missed something, didn't you resolve this issue? e.g. there is no more noise as long as you keep the cabling free of your computer's PSU?
No - the Monster devices, as well as anything else, cannot legally break the ground connection so they will not completely eliminate the potential for ground loops. Generally they're just applying RF filtering to the AC line, some of them also do AVR, relay triggers, etc. I'm sure you can find all sorts of magic power cords and other such stuff out there though; some of it probably doesn't comply with UL/NEC/CE/FCC/etc regulation and does all sorts of jakey/dangerous/etc...
Try for what? Sounds like you solved the issue to me.
Like I said - nothing that I've ever been able to tell a difference between. I think the biggest "gotcha" is that you must use "Headphone Mode" to enable the on-card amplifier output (it has separate "Stereo L/R" and "Headphone" jacks) and perhaps that's all it really does (on the ZxR I hear relays fire when that software switch is set; I don't honestly remember if the Recon3D has relays for this or not). Hooking up my amp via the analog outs of either my Recon3D...
The Z *can* output "headphone surround" via its analog outputs (I feel like there's an echo in here) - it just cannot have "headphone mode" selected. There's a difference.The Z's built-in amp will do around 125 mW/ch into the ~64 ohm load of the 701, and per IF's measurements the 701 achieve 90 dB at around 1.5 mW, so that'll allow for listening levels up to around 110 dB (which is dangerously loud). Loudness should not be an issue (it never was for me with that amp),...
Nothing that has been proposed in this thread can do anything the Sound Blaster cannot do already by itself (including headphone amplification). But markluv seemed to want to send surround sound out of the card into a decoder, and the Fiio can do that where something like Modi or the Audio-gd cannot. It's just one of a few ways to skin the same cat.