Posts by bobloblaw

Up for sale are my modded Fostex T50RPs.   As they're probably the most modded headphone among the community, I don't really have to get too much into specifics. You can see from the pics the extent of my mods, which were basic:   - New Shure SRH840 ear cushions added (original cushions included as well) - Plasticine added to cups and baffles for dampening - Small amount of cotton added to each cup   I did pretty extensive experimentation, and I'm...
I've looked for threads with no luck, and looked at several different portable amp designs, and just wanted some feedback:   Most amps with two different 3.5mm jacks on one face seem to have the input channel in the centermost position, with the headphone out off to the left or right side. Is this standard? I know there are lots of configurations where the input is on the rear end of the amp, and there are other configurations I'm probably not thinking of, but I'm...
Any updates on this, Ptruslow? I just purchased these, but generally like bigger, more padded earpads on my phones, so I'm sure I'll want to mod. How did yours turn out?
Just ordered an Arrow 3G, and am excited to receive it.   After owning everything from HD650s and AKG-K701s to small, cheap IEMs, I've decided that good IEMs are going to be my focus from now on. I love my larger cans, but I find myself using the IEMS far more often. Based on my new "portability is king" ethos, the Arrow seems like a good purchase. I had a Practical Devices XM4 a couple of years ago, and the crossfade was a feature that I really ended up liking a...
Bump
Bump for price drop.
Up for sale is this phenomenal iPod docking station that I purchased brand new about two months ago. I don't have the box, but I have all of the accessories, the charging stand, inserts for the different iPod models, etc. The pictured iPod is not included. This is the best reviewed iPod dock on the 'Net, which is why I bought it. It has under 10 hours of use, and I'm only selling it because I'm moving into a smaller place with no room for a stereo. As far as I can...
I'm selling my HD650 cans that I've had for a couple of years. They've been sitting for most of that time, and probably have about 300 hours on them, total. They're fantastic, obviously, but I'm using IEM's almost exclusively now. As you can see in the pics, I performed the very common mod where you remove the foam coverings on the outside and inside of each can. The sound improvement is noticeable, and I never intended to go back, but I also never thought I'd sell...
Bump. Pics added. Price reduced.
^^^