or Connect

Posts by EYEdROP

I recently visited the Bose outlet store in Anthem, AZ for the purpose of listening to each model in the lineup. I really wanted to compare them all at once for the purpose of writing this Head-Fi review... I spent about 2 hours in the store, taking notes on each headphone. The staff was very nice and accommodating, and understood my reason for being there was not to buy a pair of headphones, but to do the internet a favor.   Ive been in the audiophile game for about 15...
Interesting. Im also curious about the pl30. Though im also tempted to just shell out some more money for some Etys. If my environment was always quiet, the 9927 would be sufficiently good for the rest of my life. They are that perfect for me. Ive probably spent thousands on several good full sized headphones and IEMs from grado, beyer, senn, etc... The 9927 is in the top 10 headphones ive heard, regardless of price.... not saying they compete with the likes of HD800. But...
Im looking for some budget (under $30) IEMs that sound similar to the Monoprice 9927, but with good isolation. Ive tried all kinds of tips, but I think their semi-open design is the limiting factor in isolation.    My favorite budget headphones so far are easily the Monoprice 8320 (9927). The bass is just right for me. Goes deep and all low frequency information is there but not highlighted at all. No extra punch or rumble, just ruler flat down to about 30hz. Alot like...
Anybody else have impressions?...
Ive looked around the forum for reviews on these IEM's but didnt come up with much. I have found plenty of non-audiophile reviews around the web, but Im looking for a more detailed description of the sonic signature of these...   The design is fundamentally different from the Bose IE2. The SoundTrue Ultra uses traditional passive noise isolation with tips that seal on the ear canal. The older IE2 has no noise isolation, and the QC20 is essentially the same design as the...
 I went to a local head-fi meet last week where the head-fier "cskippy" measured my 2008 DT-48E 25 ohm with stock pads. He recommended using "carpet or rug liner" over the drivers to try to tame the peak at 9Khz. I asked him what he would do with a parametric EQ and he said to cut 9Khz 5db with a Q factor of ~2.0.    :
As far as the IEM tips hygiene issue, Im thinking about bringing some alcohol wipes in case anybody wants to use them... 
This is going to be a great meet!   Anybody who normally wears glasses should try to use contact lenses for the meet, if possible. Having a proper seal is crucial for sound quality, especially with sealed headphones. It would be silly to show up wearing glasses or a hat and expect a proper seal with every headphone you try...
Ill be bringing these for sure:    2008 beyerdynamic DT-48E 25 ohm  Objective 2 DAC/AMP combo  Monoprice 9927 IEM  Monoprice 9396 IEM    Asus laptop running bit-perfect Fedora Linux setup and external HD with 400GB of music
Which of the KZ IEMs series are the most uncolored, neutral and clinical sounding?   I am a big fan etymotic type sound signature. Im looking for bass that goes deep and tight but not at all emphasized, truly excellent mids with proper timbre, smooth and easy going treble, and a soundstage with pinpoint accurate imaging, not wide and stretched out. Good isolation is important.      My favorite budget headphones so far are easily the Monoprice 8320 (9927). The bass is...