Posts by EYEdROP

With these headphones, none of the details mask others, everything is heard and with good timbre, and great balance through to the lower treble. They sound great with modern recordings that are too bright. Ive never heard a headphone remotely this cheap active this. And man that bass is super sweet sounding. Just the right amount of impact, maybe just slightly emphasized. I can't stop listening to these things.
With these headphones, none of the details mask others, everything is heard and with good timbre, and great balance through to the lower treble. They sound great with modern recordings that are too bright. Ive never heard a headphone remotely this cheap active this. And man that bass is super sweet sounding. Just the right amount of impact, maybe just slightly emphasized. I can't stop listening to these things.
Does this change the overall character of the headphone or does it just add a little bit of what it needs? Im asking about real world noticeable results here. What was your impression about the change in sound? Seems like the mod would mess with the inside ear cup dimensions, which is usually a bad thing but sometimes good. 
Right now Im using some old Vmoda Spin tips and they seal a lot better and of course sound even better now. The treble seems to be a little better now too which is good. And to me the bass is just right, can't see why people would want more as it would ruin the balance of compromises within the headphones sound. But yes it may be more fun with more bass.   These headphones are among some of the best headphones Ive heard, regardless of price. No lie. They just present...
How do the HD solo pads affect the rest of the sound?
Ive had a good bit of listening time now and I gotta say these things sound great, regardless of price. There is something about how they portray the music. They are very rhythmic and musical, and have great detail intelligibility. They are easy to mentally burn in and easy to like. Psycho-acoustically correct if you will. Im just blown away by the price of these.
Powering the 25 ohm beyerdynamic DT48 and IEMs. 
Yeah I've heard great things about the sonic T amp but isn't that a speaker amp?
Im wondering if theres any hidden gems out there, maybe units from China, that offer good performance for under $50?     What amps offer budget price but surprisingly good sound quality? 
For me, the 120 ohm adapter with the 25 ohm E version did not respond as much as it did with the S version.     Still have yet to test the drivers and cable on my 48S, I need to find the right tool to open them up.