or Connect

Posts by EYEdROP

I'll be bringing: Beyerdynamic DT48E 25ohm Etymotic EtyKids 5 Alessandro MS1 Monoprice 9927 Sony MDR 7506 JDS Objective2 amp/dac
Im going off several measurements from reviews I found online, which may or may not be accurate... Which frequencies and at what Q factor would you say the Ety Kids or MK5 could use EQ correction?
I ordered the Ety Kids 5 headphones last night. At $39, I just couldnt resist!     I always left the EQ off on my previous ety's, I never felt the need to use it... But Im starting to wonder if a good high quality parametric EQ would be helpful to the fidelity overall? I noticed the MK5/Ety kids have a bit of a spike at 6 khz and 2.5 khz. The 2.5 khz spike is part of the target curve, but the mk5 is still slightly hot in that region vs. target, which should be easy to...
Hey EtyDave, thank you for clearing up the difference between the ety kids 5 vs. Hd 5. So what about the MC5 vs. MK5? They are both dynamic drivers and priced the same, but have a different housing. Both are listed as having 85% accuracy. Im having trouble finding response graphs. My question is, which one is technically and objectively superior? Which one is closer to the target curve, and which one has lower thd%? Which do you personally prefer?
Hey EtyDave, can you tell us about the Ety HD 5 safety earphones? Are they simply a re-branded ety kids or mk5? I owned the HD 5 for a couple years and loved them. I also owned the ety kids for 3 months before the cable went bad. I swear the ety kids had more treble extension and some very slight mid bass bloat. Whereas the HD 5 seemed totally flat in the bass, and treble extension was cut off early. Never got to compare them back to back though... could we get some...
Im looking for a chinese iem, specifically a "poor mans" Etymotic er4s with good isolation and neutral studio refrence monitor sound. Any suggestions?
Any suggestions on getting a similar IEM to the Monoprice 9927? Im looking for something with the same open, balanced sound but with better isolation than the 9927... most important thing is timbre accuracy. I like my bass tame and flat with great extention, crystal clear midrange, and easy going treble that isnt peaky. I need a poor mans er4p... not looking for a consumer friendly sound. I need a refrence monitor.
How does the Tennmak Pro or 808 compare to the Monoprice 9927? Im looking for something with the same open, balanced sound but with better isolation than the 9927... most important thing is timbre accuracy. I like my bass tame and flat with great extention, crystal clear midrange, and easy going treble that isnt peaky. I need a poor mans er4p...
Monoprice 9927 is easily the best Ive heard under $25. Outclasses many headphones far above its price point, and has the measurements to prove it. Its a no brainer as long as you don't have fit issues.... The isolation is also subpar. But the sound itself is simply astonishing for the price.   Ive heard the Xiaomi Piston 2 and Panasonic rphje120k. Dont get me wrong, they are great performers for the price, but the sound is just too V shaped to be truly "snobby...
I recently visited the Bose outlet store in Anthem, AZ for the purpose of listening to each model in the lineup. I really wanted to compare them all at once for the purpose of writing this Head-Fi review... I spent about 2 hours in the store, taking notes on each headphone. The staff was very nice and accommodating, and understood my reason for being there was not to buy a pair of headphones, but to do the internet a favor.   Ive been in the audiophile game for about 15...