Posts by BuLLeT_BaiT

I just bought a pair of these tubes from the same seller a few days ago. They're shipping from the US to Aus as we speak so it may be a while before I can give you any impressions. It was my first tube purchase but the Joes tube lore page identifies them as Orange Globes which have a Warm, vibrant, lively, grainless, transparent Amperex sound. The codes indicate they were manufactured on the 3rd Week of November 1969 in Holland. Don't quote me though, I'm new to this and...
 It's not exactly $499 but If you're in Aus you can get the He-500 from Addictedtoaudio for ~525USD delivered. Headphones.com.au will pricematch as well.
Hi Nilov, based on ebay description and pics I believe I just won this via ebay auction?
 I also don't have anywhere locally where I can try before I buy and tend to rely heavily on Headfi feedback. The thing to remember is that everyone's opinions here are relative and subjective. A huge improvement for someone might seem miniscule for someone else. The headphone is  by far the most important link in the chain, but an amp plays an important part in that last 15%, especially in these harder to drive headphones. I've had a few amps over the years, mostly on the...
 I'm running this exact combo. To my ears it sounds amazing but based on this thread, I may be moving in Lyr territory soon.
I am looking to buy a Schiit Lyr original or Lyr 2 with a 230v power supply. Preferably located in Australia or happy to ship to Australia.   I'm also looking at comparable price/performance amps as long as they are capable of driving powerful orthos. Please shoot me a PM with any offers. Thanks.
I'd say it's worth trying it yourself as it is fully reversible and only requires $2 in supplies. Its not hard by any means, it just takes a couple of hours. Gives you a chance to listen to some of those other neglected headphones.
 I just picked up a 8.5/10 pair with spare cables on an Australian classified site for ~$370USD. I was browsing the classifieds daily for a month or so before I bit the bullet and they usually go for $420-500 depending on age and condition. Based on my brief experience on their sound, its a great deal at that price.
Cheers clearing up my confusion LarsHP. I did the mod with stiff felt and double sided adhesive one driver at a time to compare the differences. I'm not quite sure how to explain the changes, but wow, it's probably the most obvious improvement out of all the mods I've tried so far. A slight ringing or reverb in the treble region has disappeared. It leaves the highs sounding cleaner and more detailed. I feel it brings a tiny bit more focus to the mids and lower end. Thanks...
It seems to be tricky get a hold of stiffened adhesive felt in Australia. Would 1mm non-stiffened adhesive felt work? Or does that run the risk of absorbing rather than guiding waves? I also have a bunch of normal stiff felt and silverstone acoustic foam from T50RP modding. Otherwise I may use the sound dampening foam method that SoundDragon used.