Posts by pataburd

David, Thank you for that valuable information.  It makes sense, too. The H-03 performed flawlessly yesterday. They are now kept in plastic between subsequent usages. Am really enjoying the KingSound with the Woo WEE and Qinpu A-1.0X integrated [with JW cryoed jumpers]. Would like to re-tube the M-20, eventually, but that will set me back another $150 to $250, depending on which tubes I purchase.   Maybe the Chinese tubes require further break-in--I doubt it, but...
It has been a little humid due to recent rain, maybe 65% relative humidity.
Over the weekend, auditioning the H-03, I had intermittent channel imbalance issues: the left channel would recede and the right channel become prominent.   It happened with both the WEE and the M-20. I left the H-03 running for an hour on the M-20 and it went away. Hope this is only a temporary artifact of "break in"! But the H-03 DO sound lovely, with good bass extension, punch and articulation. 
Over the weekend, auditioning the H-03, I had intermittent channel imbalance issues: the left channel would recede and the right channel become prominent.   It happened with both the WEE and the M-20. I left the H-03 running with the M-20 for an hour and it went away. Hope this is only a temporary artifact of "break in"! But the H-03 DO sound lovely, with good bass extension, punch and articulation. 
Lors--nice work!, but better than cork-chopping? Do you have a separate shot of the gel sheet?  Like a gel foot pad type of thing? Does it improve absolute bass extension on the MT220?
Am enjoying the H-03 with the Woo WEE and the Qinpu A-1.0X integrated. With the WEE, I prefer the H-03 to the Stax SR-407.
Have been running the KS H-03 with the WEE, and the combo sounds pretty good.  I preferred the KingSound to the Stax with the Woo WEE.  The Stax sounded too sharp to my ears, although perhaps a bit airier than the KS.   Want to re-tube the M-20 with Telefunkens.  I am sure that this amp can do much, much better without the stock tubes.  I am also pricing a budget re-tube complement, consisting of Mullard EL84s, Tung-Sol 12AX7s and a Telefunken 6V6.
Well, sort of . . .But I would rather give somebody else a chance to enjoy them. Plus, I still have four pairs:(1) Stock Pair #2 with Teds UPOCC silver cable(2) Spacey/Bassy Mod with Pipeline SCC cable(3) Bhazard's stock pair with Teds UPOCC copper cable(4) Brand new stock pair in a sealed box for the "time capsule"  Bought the KingSound H-03 (for the second go-round), but this time with the M-20 tube amplifier.  Have been running the H-03 with the Woo WEE and the combo...
Just sold the SR-507.
Mikros 90 portable headphones. These are in their "stock" [unmodded] configuration. This pair can be considered bass-light with a corresponding treble emphasis, compared with the several other pairs of Mikros 90 that I own. Come with stock cable, 1/8 - 1/4 adapter, clam shell case.  If you want the original Martin Logan logo box, add $5 to the shipping cost. Asking $79 +shipping/insurance ConUS.  PayPal add 3.5%.