or Connect

Posts by WindyCityCy

Another 2 hours w micro dsd and audeze lcd2.1 tonight. Really great combo. ATB movin melodies is especially enjoyable.
 I have the LCD-2.1 and they sound really great with the Micro iDSD.  I spent about 2 hours listening to that pair this past Saturday.
I'm still interested in if the product I linked would be a good option (especially since it provides the ability to mute the speakers while listening to headphone).  However, this rothwell in-line attenuator looks promising.  I went to their website and it looks like they have this product that is intended to connect to the input socket of amps (so this would connect to the active speakers and not the iFi Micro I believe).  They make a separate attenuator for connecting to...
Thank you for this explanation.  I'm wondering if this product would provide the external attenuation between the iDSD micro and the Genelecs (if so, the mute button and the variable settings both seem like useful features).  Can someone (maybe iFi) comment? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1166537-REG/palmer_pmonicon_passive_monitor_controller.html
So far updating to this firmware seems to be working.  Thanks for the help!
Well I'm happy with the sound I'm getting through the Genelec 8010s and so far I've tried Denon D7000 and Audeze LCD-2v1 with great results.  However, the Micro gets dropped from my laptop somehow when I'm not playing anything (after approx 10-15 minutes of websurfing, etc).  It sends a loud thud to the Genelecs and then the only way to get sound again is to turn the Micro off and then on again.     Suggestions on how to resolve this?
Sounding good so far.  Gonna let the new speakers and dac break-in for awhile.  Have this setup on a sit-stand desk.  I think this is exactly what I was looking for so the desk can easily be raised and lowered.  
OK I just installed the 2.26.exe driver.  It's recognized now.  Thanks guys.
I guess I expected the driver to automatically install when attaching the device.  I just found the website with the drivers.  Is there one that is recommended?  Most of the time I will be connected to a laptop and powered monitors.  I may connected my iDevices when travelling as well.
He guys.  I just got the Micro DSD and some Genelec 8010A's for my work computer setup.  I can't get the Micro DSD to be recognized on my laptop.  I've tried the included blue USB cable in addition to 2 other monoprice USB cables.  I've restarted my laptop and even tried on another laptop.  Mine is a Windows 7 64-bit laptop.  The Micro DSD shows up in the Device Manager but with a Device status that says it 'cannot start (Code 10)'.   Any ideas what to try next?  I filed...