Posts by johnnylexus

I have a question about shuffle play.  I always listen on shuffle play.  I have over 2000 songs on my AK100.  What really bothers me is that my unit behaves like this ... it will turn on the unit at the gym on a Monday and it will play 20 songs during the hour that I am there.  On Wednesday, when I turn the unit back on it will play the last 6 or 7 songs it played on Monday.  It will play about 20 songs during the hour that I am there.  On Friday, same thing.  It will...
Well maybe they are toast.  :(   Does anybody make water-resistant IEM's that sound good?
About a week ago the right earpiece stopped working while I was in the middle of listening during a workout at the gym.  A few days later both ears were working fine.  Then yesterday the right earpiece stopped again.  This morning, I noticed that there is sound coming out of the right earpiece, but it is only about 20% of the volume of the left earpiece??   I used the tool with the little wire hook on it to see if there was wax or other buildup in the little canal, but I...
Thank you!  I will try this today.  I hope I can figure it out. 
I am pretty old too but I enjoy the variety of shuffle play when I am exercising at the gym with my AK100.  Anybody know the answer to my question about iTunes random song selections?
One feature I used to love with iPod and iTunes was you could create random playlists from music saved on PC and transfer to iPod.  So if I had 250GB of music on PC, I could create totally random selection of 32GB of songs and then iTunes would copy them onto the iPod.  Do you think there is any way to do this with the AK100?  Right now I am copying whole albums over using Explorer and I would like to have a more "random" selection.
I have a question about shuffle mode.  I do not have any cards in mine yet, just internal storage.  Most of the time I listen in shuffle mode.  I think I have about 300 songs on my RWAK.  What seems odd to me is it seems like a limited number of songs (say 30 to 40) are shuffling over and over on separate days and the rest of the songs don't get shuffled.  One day last week I went jogging and listened to about 12 songs.  Two days later I went out to jog and the same...
I am having an issue with my RWAK100, I have about 15 gigs of FLAC's loaded on it, no external cards installed.  I usually listen to it using shuffle mode for all songs.  What I have been noticing lately is that every once in a while it will be playing a song and, without finishing the current song, it will jump to the next song.  This might happen once or twice in an hour's time of listening, pretty annoying.  Sometimes the song is just started, sometimes it's half way...
I am loving my new AK100, especially since I got Vinnies RWAK version.   I am copying music to the device and I need to ask a basic question about tagging.  I have many compilations such as Armin van Buuren albums that have 12 songs all by different artists.  So I don't want to see all these artists names when searching my music files by artist.  I might have twenty regular non-compilation albums and 5 compilation albums on my DAP, and when scroll the list of artists...
I have an old non-imod version of an iPod that is Windows based.  It has a couple dozen audio books on it.  The computer that it was synced to stopped working about a month ago.    A few days a ago I connected it to my new Windows computer which has iTunes on it.  The computer did not recognize it.  Let's say I want to add some new music to this iPod.  When it is connected to this new computer, iTunes basically acts like the only way to add new music is to erase...