Posts by somestranger26

32-bit ASIO. Full file buffering. 1000ms buffer length in Foobar. 4096 sample buffer in VIA ASIO (the highest). No DSPs.
Selling WaveIO USD/SPDIF interface and a linear power supply for it. 
Hmm I didn't know you could block the ground pin too; I'll have to try that! My old converter could go without the +5V but the ground was still necessary to function.   By the way, I got the Lacie Flat USB cable and posted my impressions in my post above. That thing is a beast for the price; it came so close in performance to the Cabledyne I almost packed the Cabledyne up to return. The Cabledyne is still the winner, albeit by a very small margin that probably isn't worth...
I have not noticed this effect in my system (at least not compared to stock cable or monoprice 12awg) but maybe I will have to try another in my system such as the Cabledyne power cable once I have some more money to burn (Ref 10 burnt clear through my wallet already).
I just got a Reference-10.32 with the TCXO upgrade a bit over a week ago (around 200 hours burn-in) and it is truly a beastly piece of audio equipment. Upgrading from my NFB-10ES I am finding it highly detailed with a huge 3D soundstage, perfect tonal balance, and very natural / analog sounding.   One thing that I have not noticed anyone commenting on in this thread, yet many wondering about, is whether the Reference 10 can drive the Hifiman HE-6. The answer is a...
I am listing these for a friend:   "I have my hifiman he-300s for sale. They are less than a year old and are in perfect condition. Well taken care of; not a single scratch/defect. Awesome set of headphones that are incredibly easy to drive. Original padded box, and headphone cable included. Price includes shipping*."   These are either revision 2 or 3 since they were purchased a year ago.   Accepted payment methods: Bitcoin (2% discount) and PayPal (fees...
For sale is an Audio-GD NFB-10ES balanced DAC + headphone amp. This device is based on the excellent Sabre32 ES9018 DAC chip and it sounds excellent both single-ended and balanced. The headphone amp is very powerful with an output power of 8W @ 50 ohm and is capable of driving the Hifiman HE-6 (the headphones I use with it).   The NFB-10ES does not have a USB input since the creator, Kingwa, was having difficulty interfacing the USB input to the demanding ES9018 chip...
I will help: sold :).
I am looking to purchase an Audio-GD Reference 10 sometime in the next 30-60 days depending on when I can get the money together for it. It doesn't matter to me whether it is the "Ref-10.32" or just the "Ref-10" (although I will pay less for the older ref 10) since I have my own USB converter that is probably better anyway. I would be willing to pay about $1500 + shipping (negotiable) for the device and I can pay with Bitcoin (preferred) or Paypal. I would also prefer to...
Oh sorry I did not realize that blue screens of death were normal with USB audio, in every output format.   The TE8802 drivers have static 3500us DPC latency. There's really no excuse, especially when it negatively affects performance in games and HD movies. XMOS does up to 24/192 without issue and an order of magnitude less DPC latency (300us).   Digital chips are to analog chips as apples are to oranges. The 10% thing does not apply here. Besides, none of these USB...