or Connect

Posts by somestranger26

Sigh, pulled the trigger on the Startech. I had a $100 off voucher to use on ebay by the end of the month so it came out to $380. I will be hooking it up to my SU1 -> DirectStream office system and at some point will compare with my Rednet 3 -> Mutec digital chain.   Question about the flash drive technique - will any old flash drive do, or must it be a "good" one like these SLC ones that have been discussed? I am frankly quite skeptical of any improvement from doing...
Any plans to try an M2 NVMe drive instead of a SATA drive, to see if there's any difference in sound quality? Like this one: http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/ssd-960-evo-m-2-250gb-mz-v6e250bw/ It has a 13GB SLC cache to improve the speeds drastically over a regular TLC drive.  In order for this to work, you would need to do a full drive clone, not simply copying the C: drive. If you do this, ideally you would use a source and target...
They have a more expensive USB extender that uses fiber  http://www.icron.com/products/icron-brand/usb-extenders/fiber/usb-3-0-spectra-3022/
I'm interested in how your chain would compare to the Rednet without Fidelizer, usb sticks, etc. I use my computer for way more than just music, and am not willing to go to such great lengths to optimize the computer's power supply. That was one of the biggest draws of AoIP for me.   I also don't see why the USB stick would sound any better than full file buffering in Foobar (with an SSD). Either way, the file has to be read by the CPU and put into memory.
I don't think just upgrading the chip to XU208 is going to make much of a difference. The clocks that they are using are subpar and there is no galvanic isolation compared to the SU1. The power supply is definitely better, but that's probably not as important as those other areas.
I took possession of an Audio-GD Master-3 recently and it's sounding great with the HE-6. Its sound quality is comparable to my Master-2H monoblocks in the other room, which convinced me to ditch my headphone amp. I had the M3 customized with 2 speaker outputs so I can flip between using bookshelf speakers and headphones at my desk.
For sale is Audio-GD's premier headphone amplifier and preamp. This is a great headphone amp that can drive any headphones you throw at it with aplomb.   Condition is 9/10. If there are any scratches or imperfections they're unnoticeable to me. I've barely used it since it spent 6 months sitting in a Chinese customs office, and I decided shortly thereafter to purchase a Master-3 power amp to use with my HE6. One minor issue is the back left foot is a bit uneven and...
I agree that for a $500 budget the Singxer SU-1 via I2S would be the best option. For a little more money you can get an Atterotech UnDAES-O which is the least expensive Dante AoIP solution and recently some members said that they couldn't tell it apart from the Rednet in blind testing. I have a RN3 in my main speaker system and it crushes the Singxer devices. It takes a whole bunch of USB gizmos and gadgets to get close. I purchased mine for $376 new from an ebay seller...
If that's an issue, you could try moving breakers around so they're on the same phase. Most of the latency is due to the computer, not the network.