or Connect

Posts by somestranger26

If Tidal doesn't allow ASIO output, then I recommend using the Hifi Audio Bridge linked on the last page.
Even Radiohead's latest album is cut from a digital master... lots of complaints about the mastering quality on that one.
Yes, just look at the front panel which has a sample rate selector 
I use the "Hifi cable / ASIO Bridge" from here: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/. Don't get the 'regular' cable as it doesn't do what you want.
I'm using HE-6 with it, and I notice deeper, more impactful (yet more controlled) bass, as well as slight improvements to the soundstage depth and overall detail. I haven't really compared them side-by-side as I'm now using a PS Audio DirectStream DAC. I still have the M11 and plan to compare the amps directly in the future. I had returned the M9 when I decided to get M11 instead... 6 months later the M9 got returned to me and never made it to Audio-GD so I'm just keeping...
You can ask Kingwa for the "active MCU" (I think that's what it is called) to fix the issue. I had the problem occasionally with M11 - it would click up or down one volume step. I never had the "runaway volume control" issue like some people. I now have a Master-9 and I have never noticed any volume control issues in the 2 weeks that I've had it.
Meh. Phase noise is probably bogus compared to the Cybershaft units.I was checking out the user reviews page on google translate. Check out this review - they said the Premium is better than the GPSDO. Edit: Looks like they are comparing to this http://www.trimble.com/timing/thunderbolt-e.aspx and not the GPSDO offered by Cybershaft. Their datasheet shows -115dB/Hz @ 10Hz.  Now what is still useful is that they seemed to prefer the holdover (non-GPS) mode on the...
Most HDMI I2S is LVDS, such as PS Audio and Audio-GD. The F1 is single-ended, so it is not compatible with LVDS HDMI inputs.
 I don't think they have divulged any details as to what the Ref 10 is using, but there's no mention of "atomic" anywhere in its marketing material and companies scream from the rooftops if their product is "atomic". I am guessing it is OCXO based on the amazing phase noise numbers that are pretty much unmatched except for the PERF10. SRS says they cut that special Rb clock themselves and it still costs $3500, so I doubt Mutec could manage even better phase noise numbers...
Where do you see that Ref 10 is rubidium? I cannot find anything even hinting at that. In the info sheet for the Ref 10 they even criticize the use of rubidium ("atomic") clocks as unsuitable for digital audio. How do you reconcile your thoughts that Rb > OCXO when the one sample that we have of someone using both (see my previous post) shows that they preferred the OCXO for 90% of their music?