or Connect

Posts by fradoca

Hi,i have both master 9 and v281. I prefer the v281 with the he6 because the v281 is a little bit on the warmer side and it helps the he6 to have a more neutral sound.The dac used with the v281 and the he6 is the Tobby by Firestone Audio and my v281 has the pregain set at +6 dB.The master 9 is a monster amp and for me it's one of the top 3 solid state balanced amps along with the headamp Gs-x mk2 and the Headtrip by wells audio.The master 9 is literally a wire with gain...
I'm selling these cables 1 meter long :   7n OCC copper Reference XLR by Portento Audio   The price includes shipping worlwide.   These cables are excellent in mint conditions with a neutral tone.     for info : fradoca@gmail.com
i have both v281 and master 9 and the lcd-x is my reference headphone for critical listening sessions and audio mastering jobs.I strongly prefer the lcd-x in balanced mode with the Audio gd master 9 because the lcd-x with the maser 9 is more transparent faster and linear.The liquid gold has a sort of hifi or "colored" sound to my ears.The audio gd is a sort of wire with gain.the v281 is a really good ampbut less poweful than the master 9 with orthos and a little bit less...
    Many people wonder how much money you'll have to spend to properly drive your HE-6. I come from the pro audio world and i've been doing audio mastering in the past.I use headphones since i was 25.Now i'm 43.The he6 has always been a sort of unknow object for me.A headphone not so easy to understand sonically speaking because the LCD-X driven by my Audio-GD Master 9 is my reference combo.Until the other day.At my big surprise (i usually drive the he-6 in balanced...
    Many people wonder how much money you'll have to spend to properly drive your HE-6. I come from the pro audio world and i've been doing audio mastering in the past.I use headphones since i was 25.Now i'm 43.The he6 has always been a sort of unknow object for me.A headphone not so easy to understand sonically speaking because the LCD-X driven by my Audio-GD Master 9 is my reference combo.Until the other day.At my big surprise (i usually drive the he-6 in balanced...
  Many people wonder how much money you'll have to spend to properly drive your HE-6.At my big surprise (i usually drive the he-6 in balanced mode with my Violectric V281 and my Audio Gd Master 9) the other day i tried the new iCAN SE by iFi Audio and this new bay boy drives the HE-6 like a mad! With 4 watt at 16 ohm the power is really enough. If you engage the bass boost at minimum settings the sound of the HE-6 becomes full engaging fast and literally neutral.The...
As iFi Audio suggested me i've placed the iPurifier2 before the iUSB power for even better results.At the top of my audio chain i've an Audioquest jitterbug. Both Jitterbug and iPurifier2 work very well together in my system with my Daw.The iUSB power is really a nice addition and makes the iPurifier2 an even better tool to raise the quality of your USB audio chain.The REclock function is what really makes the difference with the iPurifier2.It reminds me of having a high...
Does anybody had different experiences with the high and low gain setting on the master9?? With my LCD-X in balanced mode (my dac has the balanced analog out at +4,5 Vrms or +15dBu) i've noticed that if listen to a song with the gain set to high and the volume at 25 i just have a little bit more aggressive sound(especially for bass and high frequencies that get more impact and extension) than the with gain set to low and the volume at 33(just to have same perceived...
  i think you're right about questyle : "I asked Questyle about how much power goes into a 50ohm load and they said 4.32w" ;-) sorry for my fault
Both the questyle and the hpba-2 are not poweful enough to drive the he6 which requires at least 4 watts to be properly driven. I've tried the questyle in dual mono configuration with the hd800 but i prefer the hpba2-s.