Posts by aamefford

I was a beta tester, so my comments are for the beta units I had only.  I haven't heard the retail model yet.  If you are one to hear hiss (I am), you will likely hear hiss with the HA-2 and very sensitive multi driver iems or custom iems.  I have a pair of 1964 ears quads that seem to expose hiss with anything that has it.  With the quads, I hear a bit of hiss, constant volume, regardless of volume pot setting.  It is audible, not annoying to me, and is pretty quickly...
Main difference is shiny metal on the PM-1, matte metal on PM-2, nice box with PM-1.  As to the sleeping issue, I often fall alseep with them on... Probably accurate.  I have a much more romantic memory of my stone stock save for J$ pads D7000's.  I recall a warm, enveloping sound, colored on the bottom, tight, deep, euphic bass that bled into the mids and made the mids a bit scooped out at times, and a nice present treble that very occasionally got a bit hot and tizzy. ...
This is actually a feature.  The volume on your phone works to signal the HA-2 to digitally attenuate the signal before it gets to the analog pot.  With 32 bit processing, no musical bits are lost.  This allows for fine tuning of the volume if, for instance you have very sensitive iems.  This solved an issue a few of us had during beta testing with sensitive iems.
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.  I am not at all surprised to hear how Oppo is handling the resolution.  They are a world class customer service organization for sure.
I didn't know about the monoprice cables with built in repeaters. Pretty cool.
^^^ Isn't usb supposed to max outa 12' or so?
Every once in awhile, a manufacturer puts out a product that exceeds expectations, maybe even their own. I think the M10 falls into that category. A great recorder with a decent set of built in omnis, mic in, up to 24/96 recording. Even (dubiously to me, but I love iPhones) a music source. A couple of mini or lav or binaural mics hidden in your hat or glasses, and you have a fine stealth recording rig for live shows. Oh, and 40 hours on a pair of AA batteries. As I...
Two guesses: 1). PM-3's are extremely efficient. I drop my iPhone volume to 60% or so when using the HA-2 with the PM-3's. The M&M stack is just over driving them. 2). Never mind, I guess I only have one guess. Wait - faulty 1/8" to 1/4" adapter when using the M&M stack? That's all I've got....
I just did that. Funny. I bet it's really funny @ 3 AM.And again - funny!
Are candles still too bright, and whispers too loud?  Take care of your head!  Folks like me enjoy you with your wit intact!