or Connect

Posts by aamefford

I just cancelled.  I won't be able to make it down.  I've worked the last 20 days straight, and my family has forgotten what I look like.  I'll be getting reaquainted this weekend!  Have fun, take pictures, post impressions and prices!
I'm pretty sure that is a bad idea, as you end up connecting the left and right - connectors together, each of which have dedicated amp sections. You also get none of the benefit of a balanced set up, and I think have a pretty real chance of letting the magic smoke out of your amp. I've never had success putting the magic smoke back in without new parts…
^^^ I am a big fan of the Asgard2. A fine class A amp, and a tremendous bargain.
I was just given a Harmon Kardon HK 3470. It looks to be roughly 2000 vintage, so not so vintage. Any experience with this unit out there? I'll get some time with it over the weekend hopefully. I'm interested in comments in the mean time.
I'm very interested in this, the idea has crossed my mind a couple of times.  The price of entry is low enough, but the learning curve sounds a bit steep in setting eveything up to actually work.  It seemed all of the above plus a hard drive full of music would a be kind of cool.  Please keep us posted.
I was just getting around to looking that up, as I had thought  the Master 11 was a bit more.  Still not too bad a difference.  The master 11 is nearly twice the width of the DAC-19 though.  It is a pretty big box.  Same with the Master 7 and Master 9 combo.  The Dac-19 and NFB-1 / C2 are a nice size. Side note - Dac-19 to HA-1 dac subject - I did a bit of bouncing back and forth again last night.  The Dac-19 output or the HA-1 analogue input is a bit louder than the HA-1...
I'm using Alpha Primes, Oppo PM-1 and PM-3. Ether eventually.
Anybody out there own/owned/listened to one of the RWAK units.  In particular the "S" mod that bypasses the amp with a line out jack, and swaps the 8740 for the an 8741 x 1 (RWAK100S) or x2 (RWAK120S).  The RWAK 120 S can also be had as the "B" with a balanced TRRS jack in place of the now useless volume control.   This is a potentially workable solution for me, and they pop up used on occasion.  I've played with the AK units a little, mostly at Noble and Mr Speakers...
No, I'm using the HA-1 amp section right now.  I'll have the Liquid Carbon at some point, whenever they ship.  I am contemplating the Audio-GD NFB-1Amp for a matched stack with the DAC-19.  I suspect I will end up with the NFB-1Amp at some point for aesthetics at least, and to check out an Audio-GD mid level amp, and to try out the ACSS connection.  Plus, I'm kind of heading toward needing a preamp.  I really need to stop buying electronics and get the Ether.  Or wait on...
Bouncing back a bit - lots of activity since yesterday.  To me, the low noise floor has notes rising up out a darkness or blackness.  This is what I think makes the LC seem so engaging.  I could also see where that could make some folks feel a sense of "warmth".  Maybe.  Really good amps with a low noise floor to me make each note more distinct, and seem to me to not have the brightness that amps that are not so quiet sometimes seem to exhibit.  I'm struggling to get this...