or Connect

Posts by aamefford

Liquid Carbon on order. No Ether on order. Yet. Saving my pennies.
If you dig back always, you'll find a post by me that has a similar sentiment to MattTCG. I found the HE1000 the more impressive headphone, and the Ether the one I'd want to wake up next to every morning so to speak. For me, for my tastes, dollar for dollar, the the Ether was th choice for me. If they were the same price, the choice would be harder. For me, it would still be the Ether. The analogy for me is speakers, frequently with unobtanium dome tweeters. You hear them,...
Yes. Resist I must. Calling to me the garage sales are!
Ahhhh.... The vintage amp section of the thread begins.....
I just thumbed through the last day's posts. Can I have my hour back please?
Mine slips a bit even though the screw is tight. I've determined it is a feature …
I'm interested in more of your impressions here. I've heard both, and nearly sold my PM-1's to help fund the Ether. The deal went south, and I can't quite bring myself to do it. The PM-1 just has something. I have spent a long meet day hogging the Ether, so I have my opinions as well.
I'm gonna mostly side step the questions. More natural, I think so, but to my ears. What made me feel better? A sound that resonates with my tastes, at a bit of a reach for price. Vs the HE1000, which is priced in Stax territory. I've been a fan, a one or two time beta tester, an upgrade guinea pig, and an email and say hello at the show friend of Dan's. That plays into the "happy" as well. Both the Ether and the HE1000 are great, great headphones to me. $1,500 is more...
Funny you say that. I spent a bunch of meet time with both, in 3 or 4 rigs. At the end of the day, I found the he1000 the more impressive headphone. The one I wanted to take home with me was the Ether. As beautiful, nearly as impressive, more honest, and it made me feel better. It was pretty close though. All disclaimers apply - meet conditions, not my rig most of the time, Mr. Speakers fanboy…
My experience makes me disagree. 12 to 18 inches is best. Otherwise no matter what, that big male/female XLR plug is always in the wrong place. Just my 2¢ Worth.