Posts by aamefford

@purrin, didn't realize the speaker rig was yours. I spent about 5 or 10 minutes in there first thing in the morning, no one else in there. It was a lovely sounding set up. I am always surprised by ob set ups. Very open, airy, full sound. Dynamic and detailed, but not obnoxiously so. Thank you for bringing it.
You are gonna have a heck of a time being objective about that cable!
Just posting to get some visibility.  Anyone else care to comment on Darin Fong's "Out of Your Head" software?  I ended up buying a license, Mac at the moment, though I may take Darin up on his offer to start with a PC license and convert when the Mac version is ready.  It is not a bit perfect match to the input file for sure, but it sounds really cool!  I expect I'll use it with movies when watching on my computer, and sometimes with music - it does sound pretty cool to...
 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!! (sorry, just couldn't resist.)
Pretty sure it has been posted in either this or the impression thread.  "Search this thread" is your smart arsed friend you'd like to punch in the nose, because he never quite tells you what you want to know unless you ask him a million times, and maybe not even then, and you know he knows the answer...
Thanks all! I had a blast as always. I know there are gonna be lots of photos. I saw several nice cameras out. New meet impressions thread? I'm on my phone, so I'll leave it to someone with a bigger screen or better eyes...
SOLD I am selling my Halide DAC HD v1.02.  It is a smooth, wonderful sounding DAC - very analog.   It comes with a 7 m cable.  This is a very well reviewed dac, and received a Stereophile Class A product of the year in 2013.  I bought it used to try it out.  Even though I need the added connectivity of my desktop dac, I've thought long and hard about keeping it, but I really can't justify it.  If you need a USB dac, you will be hard pressed to do better than this...
Still looking good for me! A phone call can still kill it, but knock on wood!
Yeah, but at least you will get nice and puffy and stuff (sits quietly whilst you tell me to do whatever unmentionable and potentially impossible thing to myself that comes to mind...).  Prednisone sucks, but it does help.  I'm really sorry!  My fingers are crossed that you caught it in time!  Take care, hope I see you at the meet.
A vote of confidence for FrankCooter!