or Connect

Posts by aamefford

Odd how one or two removes a headache, and 5 or more reinstalls it. Apply with caution!
I've had the QP1R shut down a couple of times, near the end of an album (folder with an album's songs on it), both times using it as a transport via optical out. Once into my audio-gd Dac-19, once into my Peachtree Nova. Anyone else with this issue? Any ideas? Optical cable was firmly seated both times.
Update, just for fun.  The Liquid Carbon left.  I was not using it after getting the Liquid Crimson.  A Questyle QP1R has entered the scene.  It has really good sound quality.  Way better than I'd expect from a DAP.  It is also a really nice transport using optical into my Dac-19.  It does not offer streaming, and this *may* be it's downfall for me.  I'm not sure yet.  Wonderful sound, drives the Ether C very well, makes my old 1964 Ears Quads sound really good.  No...
Wow!  Nice Rig.  Talk about cockpit seat for sure!  Please post back after a few hours.  I thought mine sounded  um, disappointing straight out of the box.  I left them running on "louder than I would listen, ever" (EDIT - just a little louder than I'd listen, ever) volume for just a couple of hours, and they already sounded great.  They improve for "some" period of time after that.  Is it really 200 hours?  I'm not sure.  I don't think it takes near that long, but I could...
Mine are very snug. I recommend reaching out to Dan @ MrSpeakers. I suspect he'll take good care of you.
Nice pairing huh? Completely surprised me, even after all the hype.
I don't really hear any difference. I like to stay in the middle third of the volume range- 20-40. No good reason for that though.
Agree to disagree I guess. Not bass light to me. The do not have the upper bass / low mid bump that makes a headphone bass heavy. Semantics maybe. Anyway, accurate, deep bass to me. I do sometimes dial in 3 db or so below 125 hz. when I want a bit of warm elevated bass.
Wow, you can say that again!and again, I'll show myself out.....
Extremely slight, yes.  Very tiny pop, sounds like a very quiet vinyl pop on a record when skipping.  It was not anything I was concerned about.  Is this what you are hearing?