Posts by aamefford

I didn't know Randy as many of you did.  We interacted a bit in threads.  He was a funny, astute member of any conversation.  I am saddened by the loss of a member of our family, and our community.  May our Lord set a place at his table for you Randy, and may he be with your family and friends in this time of need.  Godspeed Randy.
I expected nothing less - cheers for that. Though bourbons have become mildly interesting. At least as interesting as they can be to a reformed lush and near tea totaler...
Oh no worries. I was just having a bit of fun, I'm pretty sure the rest were as well. I hope no hard feelings from my comment. None were intended!
  Yup. Especially @HeyWaj10's post.  It just feels like solid quality to me.  I know something is going on.  My Oppo HA-1 does the same thing when inputs are changed or sample rates change.
Subtle sarcasm?  REALLY?  NOOOOooooo.... sorry, couldn't resist.
I didn't find the PM-1 darker or less treble than HD650, caveat that HD650 is from memory, so I could be full of it.I am not a fan of the LCD2.x, though I get why others are. I like the PM-1 quite a bit better, but if you are a fan of the LCD2.x, there is a pretty solid chance the PM-1 won't thrill you. It is still worth listening to be sure though. There are similarities. Funny, as much as I don't like the LCD2.x, I've often wondered if it might not be worth trading a...
  Dito.  I tried both out of the HA-1 dac, and both amp sections out of the NF-DAC.  Volume matched, they sounded nearly indistinguishable.  I would hope for that with good, discrete design, class A solid state amps.  The DACs had very, very slight differences - more noticeable than any slight differences between the amps.
I forget if anyone reported temperatures. I measured the hottest part of the grill at 111.3 F with my Fluke. The unit had been on for about 2 days, so definitely steady state. The Asgard 2 gets hotter, and the volume knob on the Asgard 2 gets pretty hot. 111 on the HA-1 should not be of concern. Full on Class A runs hot! EDIT - beta unit.
From the Lyr2 FAQ page - nearly peed myself and spit coffee on the monitor at the same time at the first sentence - quite a feat in itself:   "I hate your humor, why can’t you be serious? Because “audiophile” does not have to mean “born with a stick up your ass.” Plus, people without a sense of humor usually need a psychologist shipped to them with every product. We have not successfully developed a portable or automated psychologist, and our boxes are not large enough...
Sheesh. The HA-1 is not world changing or life changing. It is pretty darned good though. So is a lot of other stuff. Oppo amp section is pretty much indescernable from the Schiit Asgard 2 and the Burson Soloist to my midfi ears. I rate all 3 as good solid state amps. The DAC section is very, very, very slightly more detail forward than the Uberfrost or the NF-DAC I had on hand. Both of those are good dacs. Lots of good stuff out there. Including the Oppo. If you need a...