or Connect

Posts by aamefford

Wow, you can say that again!and again, I'll show myself out.....
Extremely slight, yes.  Very tiny pop, sounds like a very quiet vinyl pop on a record when skipping.  It was not anything I was concerned about.  Is this what you are hearing?
Thanks @moedawg140.  I've got a 6 foot monster one that looks like the 1/8" plug is about the same size.  The jack on the QP1R is recessed slightly, with a fairly small diameter counterbore.  The plug will not go all the way into the jack.  I think  a fairly small diameter 1/8" plug on the cable is required. Side note - anyone find a micro B USB cord about 6' long that reliably fits into the small opening of the USB input on the QP1R?
^^^ I need a line out cable that fits the QP1R and has RCA's on the other end. I want to hook it up to my Cavalli Liquid Crimson. I actually think it will sound pretty good. I think it might give my Dac-19 a decent run. The sound signatures are way different, but both have excellent sound quality. I've been using the QP1R as a transport into the Dac-19 with great results.
Good Mojo and prayers for success and a speedy recovery Mike.
Only one - Ether C, best closed headphone I've heard (and in the top 10 or so of the best headphone period that I've heard), easy(ish) to drive, mmmmm, carbon fiber; ahhhhhh....  Oh, did I mention comfy?  In fact, I'll mention it twice - comfy!   Only 2 - tougher question.  Ether C remains.  Probably the Senn HD650, comfy, lush, non fatiguing, reasonably priced, rebuildable, moddable.  Maybe, instead of the HD650, a pair of custom iems along the lines of the UERR - as...
Just a quick cross post from the QP1R thread:   Any way to get 24/192 files into the Dac-19 via the optical out of the QP1R? It was never an issue as I didn't have any 192 files, but now I have a couple or 3 or 4 albums in 24/192. I can always transcode them to 24/96. If anyone has a better way… oh, mine has the original USB32.   Are the Xmos and Amanaro USB only?
Listening to mine this morning with the Ether C. I finally got a 200gb sandisk card loaded up with familiar music. I had been using a couple of cards full of music the previous owner graciously included. The QP1R is really impressive. Highly detailed sound quality. It tilts to bright just a bit to my ears, but not objectionably so. It also makes a killer transport into my Dac-19 via optical. I think there are a couple of Dac-19 owners participating in this thread: Any...
I have an aluminum Kensington USB 3 reader - it gets HOT!
I'm someone who flipped a lot of mid-fi gear and spent a bunch of extra money. Dan gives sound advice. Flipping gear is kind of fun though.