Posts by aamefford

Tony - Pictures or it didn't happen!  I spent some years as a wine buyer.  Similar tactics were used in that industry.  As far as I know, no retired audio CEO's cross dressing though....  Thank you for the chuckle!
This cracked me up! So true. To OP of the rig question - I'm a big fan if the Uberfrost / Asgard2 rig. Really good for the money. If you can swing a Lyr, I've heard it a couple times with the Uberfrost also. Let's just say that stack is on my want list as well.
Definitely in the running for best for the money. Really, really hard to beat the uber Bifrost and Asgard 2 stack. Used just under $600. You should be able to get the Uberfrost and an asgard 1 at near $500 used. Magni dac ( or is it modi?) and the Asgard will come in well under $500 used or new and will do a nice job also.Disclaimer - I owned the Uberfrost/ Asgard2 stack, but not the magni (modi?) DAC. I'd still have the stack, but I was part of another manufacturers beta...
I'm actually laughing out loud - you are a comic genius!
Oh that would be cool!
@RyanDJ1,  I kind of agree with @swspiers on this.  Skepticism is good.  Out and out disregard, not so much.  Keep an open mind.  I am a Mr. Speakers fanboy, so a little of that is poking through.  Here's my take:   1) it is a premium product - margin is likely a bit higher.  Or not, knowing Dan.  Just a guess. 2) I suspect there is a "not insignificant" risk of loss to drivers, and even greater risk with the upgrades.  The cost of the headphones have to cover this. 3)...
Yea!  I'm all about convenience with the PM-3's.  With any luck at all, they will also have a mic in the little cable dongle for phone calls.  These would be airplane/office/hotel/downstairs cans for me.  I have my midfi audio snob rig.  I don't need to whinge about cables and pure signal paths and dual entry and I need unobtanium wire or my cans won't sound good stuff.  Just make them sound close to the PM-1's, be light, isolate well and work from my iPhone and I'll be...
Encouraging words!  I signed on as an upgrade guinea pig.  I can't wait for the experimenting to begin.....
The build quality to date (first round beta unit) points to a level of fit and finish I don't recall seeing at this price and functionality level. I will withhold sound comments during beta testing, but I will note that I am optimistic regarding a very high level of sound quality.
Damn fine dac!