Posts by aamefford

Do you listen at quite loud volume? Not judging, just curious. I use the non Flow C at night, my lovely wife is undisturbed. From my one day long experience with C Flow and non Flow side by side, leakage on both is equivalent and minimal. They leak more when you crank em up. Loud enough to leak is too loud for my listening pleasure. YMMV of course.
Woohoo!  I had stumbled across this thread last week or so.  It started with the "up numbered" up market AK players, and was promised for the modest AK100ii (which is actually perfect for my use) *later*.  About 6:45 this morning, I fire up my AK100ii and am treated to a firmware update opportunity including Tidal.  Installed and working nicely!   This is a game changer for me.  When I stream Tidal for headphone listening it is via WIFI for almost always, and with my...
Tidal on AK100ii   Wow - fired up my AK100ii a few minutes ago and was greeted with a new firmware update including Tidal.  Downloaded and rebooting now.  I'm hoping my days of switching back and forth, phone to AK100ii velcroed to my Mojo, are done!   More later.   Edit - So far, so good!  It works, and appears to sound as it should, halfway through the first song.   I'm not sure - am I late to the party for the update including Tidal for the AK100ii, or an early...
I had to ditch a full sized receiver as impractical for my desktop. A nice class A/B amp at $299 would be a nice fit. I'm not sure the market size though. Centrance does their dac amp speaker and headphone amp set up, I'm not sure those are flying off the shelves judging from the sales they sometimes have. Still. I'd like one.
Mmmmmmm..... Penguins.....
Wow - you were busy last month!  I'll get to reading them over the next while.
I ended up with a Mojo and AK100ii or iPhone stack. Clunky, but good UI on both, and both stacks sound excellent. Probably my best portable option for now. Works well with my ether c's and my ciems.
Hah!  I passed through that rig as well.  Your speaker rig puts mine to shame though.
What they said.QP1R was stunning with my non-flow C's. I have no doubt it would be equally so with the flow C's. I finally gave up on the QP1R UI and odd wheel. The Mojo is a different flavor of stunning and a bit more versatile for my needs.
I've heard my C's (not flows) from my Cavalli Liquid Crimson, Liquid Carbon first gen, a Chord Mojo, QP1R, Liquid Gold and a few others. It will reflect the best the amp can do, and really requires only a modest amp. QP1R and Mojo are great with them, and the big amps sound wonderful but not a lot of volume travel. I'd say an iPhone or an AK100II are not the best on their own. I use both regularly with a Mojo and both are great with the C's from the Mojo. I have heard...