Posts by aamefford

For sure @ableza! My upgrade will get delivered TO Mr. speakers tomorrow. At least a week, maybe more. It is now a less easy wait.
I started with dog pad mad dogs and have continued to upgrade. I thought I was done with the alpha. Had to go for the Primes. I knew they'd be good, and it was my only chance to hear them in the short term save for driving to @mikemercer 's place and barging in on him…
^^^ Plus, 6 5 more posts and I hit 3000, or about 429 posts a year....  I think I need to pay less attention to headphones.  That's a little over 1 post a day for 7 years.....
@swspiers - You did the upgrade, correct?  About how long did it take, from your AD's leaving home to returning home?  I'm just trying to prep for the wait.....
Phew! The AD's are too good to discontinue.
Woohoo! Just dropped my AD's at the post office. Now the wait...
Yeah, I think that was my original point, but I got sidetracked by something shiny, and just hit send.  So far, it seems it will end up a nice unit, but it doesn't do "that other stuff."
Current BETA implementation is as a DAC and amp.  iDevice in, USB in, line input, Headphone and line output.  Bass boost, and 2 gain positions.  It has a clean, detailed, articulate sound (so far - BETA unit, sound signature not finalized yet).  It currently has enough gain to drive my PM-1's and Alpha Dogs on low gain.
 Mike - You just have to decide the most neutral way of doing so.  I have not spent a lot of time with the XC, just 15 minutes or so at a meet.  I came away feeling the sound signature of the Alpha Dogs was my preference over the XC's.  I suspect the Alpha Prime house sound will have me feeling roughly the same about the Primes.  However.... My XC experience is meet conditions, unfamiliar rig, noisy, trying to be critical, and being well familiar with the AD's, and...
 Sony - I'm looking your way here.