Posts by aamefford

Beer and flogging! Awesome - can't wait!
I like my PM-1's now.  I'll still like them if the PM-2's sound different.  It will be cool to get the PM-2 pads as well, if the option arises.  imho,ymmv, bfd, oic, etc....
I use a Pure I-20, and connect via coax.  It works well for me.  Oh, source is iphone 5S 64gb.
NICE! I'd pay a dollar to hear the names they call you between bouts of maniacal laughter!
Thinking about Lyr2. Thought about yours, but the gain switch is critical for me. Or at least I choose to believe so. If you have a decent DAC with pre-outs, the Vali is surprisingly good. Really surprisingly good. It gets 50% +/- listening time for me.
Hmf. Oddly phallic...
HA! Going to see Queen with Adam Lambert tonight. I hope they play "that" song...
ALWAYS check out the bottom - oh wait - we're talking about electronics.  Never mind.
I'm pretty sure this sets you up with line level output from the HA-1, necessitating the Mjolnir volume control. Another possible option, is to NOT use the home theater bypass, set the Mjolnir volume at max (or other appropriate level) and then use the HA-1 volume for both the HA-1 when you use it, and the Mjolnir.  The downside is that the Mjolnir volume pot stays in the signal path, especially if it is not set at wide open.  Purists will have issue with this.  I...
I use mine regularly with my iPhone 5S and the short cable. I sounds way better than it ought to. Just drop the iPhone in my pants pocket.