Posts by aamefford

Oh, oh man. I'm generally tired of the brand jokes, but once in a while - you guys just kill me! I love bathroom humor....
 "Hi Mike... Welcome -"
Reserved.
The long awaited release of the Oppo HA-1 headphone amplifier was today.  It doesn't look like there is an impressions thread yet, so I'll open one up.  Let's keep this to impressions only please.   There are a few beta testers out there that have heard the unit starting back last year.   EDIT AND UPDATE - As noted later in the thread - The beta testers are not necessarily the first to receive retail units, so our impressions may trickle in.  Of what I've seen so far,...
Beattles "Come Together" on an iPhone 5S with old iBuds - Better 'n nuthin!
I actually like the lack of a wow factor, but I also understand your thoughts @TheGovernment. A couple of other favs do have a wow. d7000 comes to mind. Eh, there's a bit of wow for me, with vocals especially.
Any comments on the Mac version of J-River?  I'm interested....
I only gave the XC's  about 10 minutes or so - not a fair trial.  I found them to be a very euphonic sound, lovely and all, but I had the same issue regarding the price.
SOLD! Excellent condition Alpha Dog 4 Pin XLR Balanced cable. $70 $60 shipped, buyer to cover paypal or use gift option. Offers considered of course!  Any paypal fees above the 3% + $.30 to be born by the buyer.  Prefer USA.  International shipping to be actual shipping cost less $5 US.   Note that my new cable should arrive late next week.  I won't ship this one until my new one arrives - don't want to be without the Alphas! Photos soon.  Till then, go here:...
SOLD $50 OFF OF NEW!  It is $120 from thecableco.com and ONLY $70 from me! Brand new, unopened Starlight 7 USB A to B ("standard" USB DAC cable).  Price is $70 shipped, buyer to cover paypal or use gift option. Offers considered of course!   This is a nice robust cable with some good theory behind it, separating the power conductors from the data.  The price is a bairgain.  Brand new and $50 off!   Prefer USA.  International shipping to be actual shipping cost less $5...