Posts by aamefford

^^^ Uhm, both together sound like the correct choice. I haven't had a Harp in a looooong time!
Pretty sure Driver = Transducer in this instance.
[[SPOILER]] 1) I've always wanted a pair of headphones that grab me by the gonads...2) Thanks for this post, I have a relatively decent handle on how your preferences line up with mine.  In most cases, if you like it, I like it, but not always for the same reasons.3) Cool, LCD-X and LCD-3 are my favorite Audeze models.  Some of the airiness and space of the HD800 thrown in will be nice, as long as it doesn't have the hot treble that always kills the HD800 for me.  I know...
Understood regarding storage. I generally buy phones with a bit of storage, as I use them for photos and music. I'm slowly breaking the habit as streaming and cloud services get better.
@jazzfan I'm pretty sure you can download the playlist as offline content in CD quality if your phone has room.  I did that for a few albums for a very recent plane trip, and it worked well.  Tidal subscription service, iPhone 5s.  I'll PM for the link, I generally like your taste in music.
Just a quick opinion here - there have been a bunch of posts regarding using HA2 to power "hard to drive" headphones". It is a portable solution, with inherent compromises. The Dac is quite good, but includes the oft mentioned ESS "sound" for better or worse. It has reasonable power for driving a wide range of headphones. It drives my PM-1 and PM-3 headphones easily, to the point of not really being necessary when using an iPhone. It drives my Alpha Primes very well for a...
Nice photo spread Frank! I am living vicariously through this thread …
I think I just wet myself…
Now that was tongue in cheek funny! I do love a round presentation …
Half a table for me.  @shane55 wanna share a table if you can get buy with half a table?