Posts by aamefford

Another to consider is the CEntrance HIFI-M8.  Excellent with the Mad Dogs, reportedly excellent with the Alphas.  I will be able to offer first hand experience with the pairing after this weekend - my Alphas are due on Saturday, I've owned the M8 since September.
Arguable, but I'll grant that, at least for some sets of ears.  I'll add I haven't spent near enough time with the HE-500 to comment further, and that my needs are generally for closed headphones.  Just out of curiosity, what is your opinion / response had I stated "there are top or near top tier closed headphones"?
Gotta dodge all the flowers in a 6 moons review. I got the following: In absolute terms, LCD-X >AD's but not by much. In $ for $ terms, the AD is the better value proposition. My experience with Mr. Speaker's offerings is that there are top or near top tier headphones that are "better" to some degree, but nothing else out there offers the shear goodness per dollar that the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog offer. That is why I'm a fan boy. Well, and Dan likes a similar signature...
I read it. Some of it twice. I have no idea what he said...
Uhmmm, ahhh, uhmmm.... Nope.  I got nothin'.
Yeah.  Never been sure I like this one all that well some days...  Regarding the condoms, I've heard that as long as its the first time you've listened to a particular headphone, you are safe...
Like a Freight Train Baby! Shoot - did I just say that out loud?  Anyway, Doing all I can to be there.  My lovely wife has said "GO! Please! (give me some peace and quiet already...), so it is just up to work.  CEE TEE - you know how that usually works out, though I made it last year, and have the day requested this year.
I'm using the Northern Fidelity NF DAC.  It is a wonderful sounding dac, not readily available in the US, I think.  Shoot me a PM if you have further questions on it.  It is a really wonderful pairing so far with the Soloist SL.
I've had one for about 3 weeks now - nice, nice amp!
Kiss Allive 2 via MOG.  Stumbled across it and decided to relive a bit of high school.  Kiss really kinda sucked...