or Connect

Posts by aamefford

Mine hasn't reached the noted 100 or 150 hours. They seem to have gotten a bit more cohesive, and the bass seems a bit more present. I think further burn in will be me getting used to them. Amps are Cavalli Liquid Crimson and Carbon. Dac is Audio-gd Dac-19 11th anniversary edition.So far, I like them a bunch. There are a couple of open headphones I like a touch better for my taste including the open ether. I need closed cans, and these are the best I have heard. When you...
I've maybe 30 hours on mine. I took them straight out of the box and listened. Not so good. Let them run in for a few hours, and much better. They seem to be improving still, but I wouldn't swear to it. I really question the light bass comments. The bass is impressive where called for. It does not seem to bleed up into the mid bass and mids though. I really want to question the comments about less bass than alpha dog and prime, but I sold my primes a couple of months...
@aamefford is working today. I'll be a definite no show. Have fun, amd please post photos real time so I know what I'm missing!
Shoot. Emergency job in the shop. Looking like aamefford will be a no-show.
Oops.
EDIT - Doh! RTFP… Have a look at the Schiit SYS http://schiit.com/products/sys DAC to crack and monitors. Volume control for monitors, volume WFO for crack. Just need to remember to turn the volume down when switching …
Yes, or at least I did. Still, tied up and tortured with the Kenny G catalog sounds entertaining. Uh, if it was done to someone else …
Consider yourself lucky!
Wow. You went there. Not bad…
Congrats Warren. You and Alex will make a great team. Funny - you led me to the Carbon, which lead me to the Crimson. Thank you! Alex, well, great amps and a nice, stand up guy.