Posts by aamefford

Doesn't everyone's?
I'll see what I can do. I get to drive a Ferarri tomorrow then Mother's Day.
I have one of the last version of the beta units.  I did some switching around between a Northern Fidelity NF DAC (it is not common in the states, but project86 reviewed here at head-fi), a burson soloist SL and the HA-1 beta.  Specifically, the HA-1 separately, the NF DAC/Burson combo separately, the HA-1 Dac feeding the HA-1 amp and Burson, the NF DAC feeding the burson and the HA-1.   What it boiled down to (my ears, half arsed volume matching, non-blind, etc) was the...
Oh, oh man. I'm generally tired of the brand jokes, but once in a while - you guys just kill me! I love bathroom humor....
 "Hi Mike... Welcome -"
Reserved.
The long awaited release of the Oppo HA-1 headphone amplifier was today.  It doesn't look like there is an impressions thread yet, so I'll open one up.  Let's keep this to impressions only please.   There are a few beta testers out there that have heard the unit starting back last year.   EDIT AND UPDATE - As noted later in the thread - The beta testers are not necessarily the first to receive retail units, so our impressions may trickle in.  Of what I've seen so far,...
Beattles "Come Together" on an iPhone 5S with old iBuds - Better 'n nuthin!
I actually like the lack of a wow factor, but I also understand your thoughts @TheGovernment. A couple of other favs do have a wow. d7000 comes to mind. Eh, there's a bit of wow for me, with vocals especially.
Any comments on the Mac version of J-River?  I'm interested....