Posts by aamefford

I like the last beta. I'd pay $400 for it. From descriptions of the changes , *think* I will like the production version better, especially for portable use.
@reddog - take care of your head!
@kapanak, I don't hear them as you do for sure. I like the primes a lot. Probably the best closed can I've heard. Then again, for different but equally strenuous reasons, I just don't like the HD800. I've tried, but I just don't. Good thing for us they are both available.
I am of the opinion that the PM-3 will not really benefit from balanced wiring an a balanced amp.Says the guy who runs his PM-1's balanced from his HA-1…. Hmmmm, maybe never mind my comment. Though truth be told, with the PM-1's, I use them balanced just because I can, not because I hear any benefit.
Nicely put.  I've done a couple of preorders.  I probably won't do any more.  They have my money, I have nothing, usually for a long time, and longer than advertised.  With the pace that I seem to flip gear (though I'm settling down...) by the time I get my preordered toy, I'm beyond it, and want something new. Everyone seems to forget "Deadline Dan's Conundrum" - "Everything takes twice as long as you think it will.  If you allow twice as much time, it will take four...
All of the above, but it is a comfortable CLOSED headphone.  If you need or want a closed headphone for isolation, the field narrows quickly.  Most of the "reference level" headphones are open designs.  There are other closed reference level headphones out there.  From what I've heard, (not that much at the high end, the old Denon D7000, the Fostex T900, the Audeze LCD-XC, the JVC high end can that may now be discontinued) none compete on a $ for $ basis.  The LCD-XC is a...
I've got Dumbo-like ears, and I've found the beta units comfortable …
Beats. I've heard a couple pairs. They don't suck that much. As noted, bassy, on purpose I'm sure. A bit muddy, a bit shrill. The Bluetooth ones I heard were pretty decent, all told. If you like the look, they look ok. I figure @ $300, you get about $200 worth oh headphones and $100 worth of "style". Not that bad a deal, if style matters and you like a pretty bass boosted "V" signature. No, I don't own a pair. They aren't my style or preferred signature. Still, they really...
The HA-1 is an excellent $1200 all in one with a class A amp that runs from AC wall voltage. The HA-2 is a nice, portable, battery powered DAC/amp that costs 1/4 what the HA-1 costs. Given that, the HA-2 (based on beta units) sounds better than it has a right to. It doesn't sound better than the HA-1.
OOOhhhhh!  Updates on this combo please!  I've been thinking this might be a really nice pairing.  I have no basis for this, I have only heard an older project sunrise a couple of years ago.