or Connect

Posts by aamefford

Those cables were huge! Personally I'd never buy cables bigger than my…. Anyway, that leaves out a lot of cables in my case....
Thanks for your help @Stillhart and @bimmer100.  I guess I'm after any differences in power supply, etc that are worth choosing one over the other.  Since the C2 swings +/- 30V, and the NFB-1AMP swings +15 / -15 per channel (per hot lead?), the only advantage to the NFB-1Amp seems be the dubious gains one might get with common mode rejection.  the C2 even has the SE wired 4 pin XLR output.  That said, I'd lean toward the NFB-1AMP since all my cans are or will be balanced...
I posed this question to Kingwa, but as I haven't heard back yet (just asked yesterday...) I thought I'd ask here as well.   I am the proud owner of a Dac-19 10th anniv. edition, purchased from another frequent poster in this thread....   IF I were to decide to buy and Audio-GD amp to match, the likely suspects look like either the C2 11th anniv, or the NFB-1AMP.  All my headphones are balanced (oops, except PM-3, which I won't bother to recable to balanced), and I am...
No …. HD800 and I don't get along that well.
Yes! I'm hoping my schedule will allow me to get to SOCal for the event.
I'll add on some anecdotal info - I am using an SE dac (Audio-GD Dac-19) into my Oppo HA-1 anolog input, and listening balanced out.  It sounds excellent.  Don't sweat it.  Pick a nice dac, and plug into the appropriate input on the Liquid Carbon.  It's gonna sound as well as your dac.
Thanks @Stillhart - this confirms my suspicion that I shouldn't get my panties in a bunch (I don't actrually wear panties, as far as anyone knows....) over using an SE Dac instead of a balanced one.  I really like the Dac-19 for now, and that is my planned source for the LC.  I just wish I couldn't fit 6 or 8 Liquid Carbons inside the Dac-19 box.  I was hoping for something a bit more svelt.....  Oh well, I also have a decent little D-S balanced out Dac that is much more...
You are assuming that the Sodium Pentothal is for you.....
I have not heard the pairing.  I have heard both components in meet setting.  I think they would be fine together.  The Gamma2 is a nice dac.
I have not. Note that the Ether does not lack bass to my ears. It just doesn't seem to add any. Also note I am not a fan of the HD800, try as I might. I respect it, especially with the curt Anax mods. I just don't really like it.