Posts by aamefford

They pass the "next to my lovely, light sleeping wife after lights out" test. That and the perfect sound signature for my taste is why I own them! As to the Library: Not really. They are pretty quiet from outside.
Man, miceblue - you gotta reread this after you get some sleep….
I commented out of turn in a way - I have not heard the M50.  Also haven't heard the Pro 900.  Owned the Pro 750 and the HFI 780 though.  Those two Ultrasones - the bass was kind of overpowering, but at least the treble was like being attacked by tiny, sharp knives....
I can't comment here from experience - haven't heard the M50 - gotta do that, it is sort of a roadmap can - one that frequently comes up when describing other headphones.  Kinda as Grado and Sennheiser do. I find the Alpha's the least fatiguing of any closed can.  That is hard to do - a closed headphone just has so much opportunity for resonance, peaks, etc. that they can easily be fatiguing. Alpha is clean, slightly dark of dead neutral.  MD is a bit darker, with a bit...
All true.  Lots of maybes.  I'd sure like to hear the status / plans / issues / potential time line if there is one.  Right now, all most of us remember is 24/96 capability via firmware update, and a long delay to implement the ability to do firmware updates, for this purpose.  Frankly, I'd like to have the capability, but won't be too disappointed if it does not materialize, either due to Apple's disinterest or CEntrance not being able to make it work.  What does...
Yup. If Centrance is still listening, now would be a good time to at least comment on status.
^^^ Wow! She's a beauty!
It is an all black starlight 7 a to mini-b. I just found a regular (red) starlight 7 in 2 m length so I am good. If anyone does have a black one, let me know. Might have a Sennheiser custom cable or something to trade.
anybody have one?  Looking for 1.5 to 2 meter length, give or take.  If so let me know your price.   It is an all black starlight 7 a to mini-b. I just found a regular (red) starlight 7 in 2 m length so I am good. If anyone does have a black one, let me know. Might have a Sennheiser custom cable or something to trade.
I agree. The alphas don't do that great out of an iPod. They sound great out of a modest amp, and yes, they tend to sound a little bit better out of a better amp.