Posts by aamefford

I'm looking forward to hearing them in a couple of weeks.  Sort of.  I'm a bit afraid to hear them.  It sounds like I may have to figure out how to "make room" for them.  Basically, what am I going to sell?  I was pretty set with the Primes, PM-1's and now PM-3's.  PM-1's don't get a lot of head time, but mostly because they are open.  The Ether's are open as well, so I'm going to have to sort that out.  Closed really works better for me.  Shoot, I'll probably end up...
Another vote for Fritzspeakers. I own a pair, love them. Fritz is one of the good guys. We'd never met. He drove up from LA (I'm near San Francisco) and personally delivered a pair to demo. We hung out for a couple of hours trying them out. I was going to cut him a check when he left, and he says nah, make sure you like them, then mail me a check. Similar model of direct only as Schiit. Where Schiit is a polished web presence, Fritz is a one man show. His speakers sound...
Yes, Oppo has been very generous with their beta test groups. It has been a very rewarding experience for me. The opportunity to interact with the product mangers and designers, as well as other testers and be involved as the product developed was a great experience.
I went through this exercise with a Bifrost Uber as well.  I also did the similar exercise with an Asgard 2 and the analog section.  Basically the uber and HA-1 through both the HA-1 and the Asgard.  Then the HA-1 and the Asgard fed from first the HA-1 and then the uber.  I posted on this fairly early in this thread if I recall correctly.  My experience essentially matches yours.  I couldn't tell the amps apart when fed from either dac.  I could barely tell the two dacs...
I had a humble Burson Soloist SL - it was a really nice sounding amp.  I had it with the Alpha Dogs, a d found it a nice pairing.  I am way looking forward to hearing the Ether.  Sounds like there will be a pair or two at a Bay Area mini meet.  I am looking forward to this - there may be some juggling going on in my inventory if I like them.
@Bill-P, huge thank you! Looking forward to this!
Plague? Hmmmmmm........
As am I. A family event may keep me from the July big meet near SFO, so this might be my only chance this year.
Another prop for the A-2 amp.  It's just really, really good.   Plus it will keep your burrito warm.....
Probably not, but if so, the naming convention could be changed to Schiiti.  Sorry, just trying for a lame joke.  In truth, I am both an Apple and Schiit fanboy, though I am Schiitless at the moment (and scared?) - get it? Scared Shii…… aw, never mind.