or Connect

Posts by aamefford

Sounds like a lot of effort to create something with limited market, a (relatively) high price for the Schiit business model and arguably less performance than a Mani, all to do tubes for tube's sake.  It seems to me a tube buffer could be introduced somewhere along the chain instead, perhaps at the preamp to amp juncture? Caveat - I sold all my old vinyl, and at this point, I'm not likely to reinvest.  Maybe in another 5 or 10 years, in retirement when I actually have the...
Yup, got them Monday. They are definitely Ethers. I think I like the open ether a bit more, but I'll revisit that in a while. For now, they seem to be the best closed can I've heard, based on memory, some of them way too old to rely on.Closed cans always seem to be a series of compromises to get the best sound out of them. In General, I seem to like Dan's choices for voicing, I've owned everything he's made as Mrspeakers except the MD Pro and liked them.Man, are these...
Mine hasn't reached the noted 100 or 150 hours. They seem to have gotten a bit more cohesive, and the bass seems a bit more present. I think further burn in will be me getting used to them. Amps are Cavalli Liquid Crimson and Carbon. Dac is Audio-gd Dac-19 11th anniversary edition.So far, I like them a bunch. There are a couple of open headphones I like a touch better for my taste including the open ether. I need closed cans, and these are the best I have heard. When you...
I've maybe 30 hours on mine. I took them straight out of the box and listened. Not so good. Let them run in for a few hours, and much better. They seem to be improving still, but I wouldn't swear to it. I really question the light bass comments. The bass is impressive where called for. It does not seem to bleed up into the mid bass and mids though. I really want to question the comments about less bass than alpha dog and prime, but I sold my primes a couple of months...
@aamefford is working today. I'll be a definite no show. Have fun, amd please post photos real time so I know what I'm missing!
Shoot. Emergency job in the shop. Looking like aamefford will be a no-show.
Oops.
EDIT - Doh! RTFP… Have a look at the Schiit SYS http://schiit.com/products/sys DAC to crack and monitors. Volume control for monitors, volume WFO for crack. Just need to remember to turn the volume down when switching …
Yes, or at least I did. Still, tied up and tortured with the Kenny G catalog sounds entertaining. Uh, if it was done to someone else …
Consider yourself lucky!