Posts by aamefford

Cool. We can share cables as necessary. The for sale pitch was for all attendees, not you specifically. I reread that and it sounded weird. Travel safe!
@jude, look me up.  I *may* be able to help, if I can find my SE cable for my PM-1.  I have a stock cable, shortened and terminated to mini XLR, then 3 adapters made out of the remaining cable for 1/4, 1/8 and 4 pin XLR in balanced configuration.  The whole cable is about 5' long with one of the ends.  I'm cool with running my PM-1 in SE if you need the balanced cable. Also, one minor gear change -@aameffordHeadphones:Mr. Speakers' Alpha PrimeOppo PM-1Oppo...
Regarding tickets - I was planing in presenting my ticket in the passport app on my IPhone - is this acceptable or is a hard copy necessary?
No, it is the Liquid Quarbon Carbon...
I think I get to hear the Ether tomorrow at the SF bay mini meet, if they are there.  I haven't heard them yet, and I have already sprung for the Cavalli LQ, I'm looking for another DAC for the LQ, and I'm lining up likely candidates to move on to new homes so I can afford the Ether.  I place a pretty high level of faith in Dan and crew's abilities I guess.
Sorry!
Ohhhh! a diamond geek!  I seriously had such a blast picking out my lovely wife's engagement ring - I can't believe it's been a dozen years on Memorial Day.  I say diamond geek in the best possible way.  I have of course forgotten most of what I learned.  This must mean my wife is due for some diamonds, I guess.  I'm sure she would concur.  I have a dear friend who goes through motocross bikes, road bikes and bicycles like most people go through running shoes - 2 a year or...
I'll certainly grant you that.  One needs to work out the mass or volumetric or monetary equivalency between that particular carbon and the proposed diamonds I guess. There is the system used in my house, developed because I am too thick to get even blatant hints - My wife gives herself things.  I give myself things.  We thank each other.  My wife is usually frugal, and I usually just reshuffle the same money on new-used toys after selling the old-used toys.  Works well...
Well....  It does have "Carbon" in the name.  What are diamonds made of?  Just sayin'!
  This.  Well put!