Posts by aamefford

I know this is the common wisdom here. Hell I bought into it until i did my own non scientific non blind, rough attempts at volume matching etc. test. I did like the Bifrost Uber (non-sabre) a little better. The difference was so small that I kept the HA-1 for the features. IMHO, etc. of course.
We all hear what we hear, of course. I dissent a bit here, only because I did comparisons with HA-1 and Bifrost Uber into both Asgard2 and HA-1 amps. The difference between the Dacs to me was vanishingly small. Likely expectation bias small. Since the Bifrost Uber is not a sabre chip, I'm starting to question this whole sabre glare issue, that's all.
Oh man, wish I was going! It would be great to see you again. To anyone attending - this balanced Dynalo is a pretty amazing amp, and a beautiful build. Worth seeking out to hear for sure.
I don't have the D7000 any longer (sniff). I don't think I'm going to make this meet. Bicycle camp with my darling daughter happens the same day. (Sniff again …)
I'm with @dBel84 on that one. The HD800 and I just don't get along. I at least have come to understand them. They are fine headphone, just not for me…
Jeeze, I forgot my manners in my haste to poke a bit of fun toward @warrenpchi.  @Oregonian, very nice write up.  I am pleased to know that EQ makes the Ether suitable for a recovering bass head.  I like them flat, but I am glad to know they respond well to EQ.  I tease you occasionally about the vintage gear and your evangelism of the vintage stuff.  Still, I graduated high school the year before your system was made, and I have fond memories of the gear of the day.  That...
 Errrrmmmmm…... Envy, no……  Enjoy immensely and look forward to seeing him again at the next show every time I shake his hand goodbye?  Yes, absolutely!
A couple of quick notes: HA-1 amp vs. Asgard2 from same dac were essentially indistinguishable. HA-1 dac vs. Uberfrost, differences we're vanishingly small. I had a very slight preference for the Uberfrost. I kept the HA-1 because it is a cool pice of gear. Testing was done with Primes and Oppo PM-1. Disclaimer- I'm an Oppo beta tester, and the HA-1 was given to my by Oppo. Regarding the Lyr 2 - I haven't heard it yet. I liked the Lyr1. Apples and oranges to the HA-1 amp...
Liquid Carbon on order. No Ether on order. Yet. Saving my pennies.
If you dig back always, you'll find a post by me that has a similar sentiment to MattTCG. I found the HE1000 the more impressive headphone, and the Ether the one I'd want to wake up next to every morning so to speak. For me, for my tastes, dollar for dollar, the the Ether was th choice for me. If they were the same price, the choice would be harder. For me, it would still be the Ether. The analogy for me is speakers, frequently with unobtanium dome tweeters. You hear them,...