or Connect

Posts by aamefford

We had the opposite result with the Ether Flow C at my station (loaned to me by @MrSpeakersPeter), as compared to my personal Ether C.  It seemed that we turned to volume up just a tad with the flow as compared to the non-flow C's.  Or I'm loosing my mind, which is quite possible.....
Streaming Geezer here as well. Enough things in life I have to control. I have a decent library of music files, but I sure like Tidal's click and enjoy ease of use. Sound quality is definitely fine for my needs.
Quick math:   Ether C w/10' dum XLR $1,649   Base Upgrade               $   350   Ether C Flow               <$1,849> (same cable)   "Overspend"                 $   150     So, If I'd waited 7 or 8 months and bought the flow, I'd save $150.  Course I wouldn't have had the flow for the 7 or 8 months.  Worth it for me, when I upgrade (might not be the first wave for cashflow reasons).  Also, amazingly, when I listened to my Ether C's last night, they didn't sound...
I used one of the old Headroom Ultimate Desktop Amps with the external power supply.  These have fallen out of favor around here.  It was a really nice dac/amp combo and a sweet pair with the D7000.  Every once in a while one pops up at a decent price.
MrSpeakers Ether C and a pair of older 1964 Ears Quad ciems.  The ciems only see head time when I travel.  Every now and then I buy a pair of HD650's for a few months, and then sell them at a loss.  I need to stop doing that....
I use this album extensively as well. It was recorded at a fairy low gain, so the added benefit of a bit more volume knob travel. I love the album, and have been listening to it for years, so it is very familiar to me.
Hello, Looking for a 2.5 mm TRRS with AK100ii pinout to mini XLR female adapter, pinout same as a standard 4 pin XLR female would have to accept a male XLR headphone cable.   Particulars:   GOOD copper or GOOD silver plated copper.  Preference for OCC copper of good purity.   1 ft. long wire, black multifilament or parachute cord type sheath.   Amphenol brand mini XLR to match what is on the rest of my cables.   I can provide pinouts if necessary, but I prefer...
Hey all, back to the Meet!!!!  there is an appropriate thread for the Ether Flow - I propose that in depth discussion continue over there, and the "I heard the Ether Flow and it was amazing" or whatever type comments stay here, as those are appropriate.  Just my thoughts.....
To my ears, yes, a bit. That's part of the "ease of presentation" that I was trying to describe.
I will, though maybe not immediately. Summer vacation and a couple of other purchases have sapped my fun money for a bit...