Posts by aamefford

Hmf. Oddly phallic...
HA! Going to see Queen with Adam Lambert tonight. I hope they play "that" song...
ALWAYS check out the bottom - oh wait - we're talking about electronics.  Never mind.
I'm pretty sure this sets you up with line level output from the HA-1, necessitating the Mjolnir volume control. Another possible option, is to NOT use the home theater bypass, set the Mjolnir volume at max (or other appropriate level) and then use the HA-1 volume for both the HA-1 when you use it, and the Mjolnir.  The downside is that the Mjolnir volume pot stays in the signal path, especially if it is not set at wide open.  Purists will have issue with this.  I...
I use mine regularly with my iPhone 5S and the short cable. I sounds way better than it ought to. Just drop the iPhone in my pants pocket.
PM-1 and Alpha Dogs.
What I find really funny - and I am not slamming the HA-1 here, it is well known I love the HA-1 - I use a $100 Schiit Vali from the DAC out of the HA-1 about half the time. The combo is really good!
Whoa dude!  Crying game all over again!  I've got to go gouge my eyes out now.....
I've used an Oppo HA-1, Schiit Asgard 2, Burson Soloist SL, Schiit Vali, AMB mini3 (briefly), TTVJ Millet portable tube hybrid (briefly), Peachtree Nova, iphone 5S.  All sound great to my plebeian ears.  OK, the iPhone is the weak link, but not that weak, which is one of the things I really like about the PM-1.  They are one of the least particular headphones I've used, and one of the best sounding (to me, imho, ymmv.....).  For those that need to feel they "scale up" with...
HIFI-M8 and the Alphas are a great pairing.