Posts by aamefford

HA-1 is my main rig at the moment.  I owned the HIFI-M8 for a while.  Both are excellent with the Alpha Dogs; I expect they extrapolate to the prime just fine (I'll find out in a week or two, hopefully).  Is there better stuff out there?  Sure.  It sounds.... wait for it.... better.  Kinda down to the vanishing returns point though.  I am lusting after a Bifrost Uber (had one with an Asgard2, but sold them when the HA-1 joined my household) or Gugnir plus a Lyr2.  I'm...
I'm looking forward to your further comments.  You seem to be honest with yourself from the outset, I fall into fanboy mode for the first week or so.  Being unkind to poor recordings wouldn't be the end of the world.  I have the PM-1's that are kind to everything, and a pair of midfi-ish closed headphones that seem pretty kind to everything as well.  Showing the full measure of well recorded material is a bonus.  The AD's did that for me, and were really not all that kind...
Sigh.... Any chance of heading away from cable-fi and back to Alpha Prime-fi?   EDIT - Wow, very lame 3,000th post.....
Ahhhhh. Shear genius that!
   Erm.... @BackToAnalogue is having one off on us, isn't he.  ?  .
For sure @ableza! My upgrade will get delivered TO Mr. speakers tomorrow. At least a week, maybe more. It is now a less easy wait.
I started with dog pad mad dogs and have continued to upgrade. I thought I was done with the alpha. Had to go for the Primes. I knew they'd be good, and it was my only chance to hear them in the short term save for driving to @mikemercer 's place and barging in on him…
^^^ Plus, 6 5 more posts and I hit 3000, or about 429 posts a year....  I think I need to pay less attention to headphones.  That's a little over 1 post a day for 7 years.....
@swspiers - You did the upgrade, correct?  About how long did it take, from your AD's leaving home to returning home?  I'm just trying to prep for the wait.....
Phew! The AD's are too good to discontinue.