Posts by aamefford

Hah! Thank you! You just saved me $$$. Now I just need to decide if I'm happy about that... Congrats. A nice amp from a great head-fier.
I'll take a slightly different tack here. The PM-1 is not an LCD3 clone. That's the point. I loved the LCD3 when I had a long weekend with it. If it didn't cost more than my car is worth, I'd own one right now (yes, crappy old commuter). That said, I love the PM-1 More than the LCD3 for most listening, most of the time. It is precisely the differences you've pulled from your visual inspection of the sound of both that I feel as I do. Different strokes for sure. If I had...
Stock cable is pretty good, but a bit stiff. I'm looking to a DIY or aftermarket just for more flexible, lighter wire.
Somebody Buy This!  Great amp, great price, great seller.  Save me from myself!  I want it, but I need it like (another) hole in the head.  Seriously, a great deal!
There is this one: http://www.head-fi.org/t/714481/fs-schiit-lyr-w-stock-tubes-and-1960s-tesla-ecc88-factory-matched I almost bought it, but I think the Lyr will be great with my Alphas, but not with my Oppos. Nice guy selling it.
There was another in FS with 1960 Telefinkens at a good price. I almost bought it, but I don't think it will work as well with my Oppos. Would be awesome with my Alphas though!
Dang it! I passed on a Lyr and went for an Asgard 2 thinking the Lyr would be noisy with no volume travel. Looks like volume travel is an issue but noise is not. Oh well. The A2 should sell easily enough if I don't like it.
You certainly are Frank!
I have a Bifrost Uber and an A2 on the way. I don't think the Lyr will play nice with my new Oppo PM-1's. I'm hoping I like the A2. I get mixed reports. I'm coming most recently from a soloist SL that was awesome with the Alphas. I'm hoping the A2 sounds as nice.