Posts by aamefford

Ermmmm.... The one that sounds the best to you?
Ibasso pb2 really drives them well in balanced mode. SE is ok, but nothing special. Lots of power balanced though.
I started with a Bifrost Uber. I went back and forth quite a few times. I eventually decided that maybe the Bifrost had a bit softer treble. The difference to me was vanishingly minute. I ended up keeping the HA-1 mainly for the cool display, front mount apple input, Bluetooth and the fact that it really sounds darned good. Best ES 9018 I've heard, and I'm not really a fan of that chip. Still, I really like the HA-1, and finally decided I did not need the Bifrost. I...
mine runs 110 F max.
Raggedy bass and a truly frighteningly tone deaf falsetto - does that mean I can keep using the top of my cheap-arsed nightstand?
Nice! I as well.  I do own some hi rez music.  Why wouldn't you, if you've chosen this hobby.  Mostly - can't hear the difference if I'm honest.  I think I can if I'm kidding myself.  This from down-sampling 24/96 to 24/48 and 16/44.1.  I can't reliably hear a difference.  I have not blind tested though. Back on topic - If anyone out there has compared the ES60 to the UERM, I'd love to hear about it.  Either universal demo units or finished custom versions.
Antique champagne from crystal flutes is good! Of course so is cold beer from a picnic cup on a hot day. Not sure what my point is....To the OP - nice review of what appears to be a Westone flagship I hadn't heard about.
The Soloist SL is a really nice pairing.  I had it for a while.  It still is one of my favorites.  I change amps and dacs often, no reflection on sound quality of the SL.  Just found something new and shiny to try.  Bifrost Uber is nice.  If you can get a good price on the Northern Fidelity NF Dac (Norway maybe?) it is a really nice Dac.  It was reviewed here on head-fi.  I ended up with the review unit thanks to the generosity of the reviewer.  Look for Project86's...
Asgard 2 and the Vali are both wonderful with the AD for a bargain price.
A dear friend from my dirt bike riding days went through at least 2 bikes a year, sometimes more if road bikes and bicycles were in the mix at the time.  I asked him how he got away with it.  "Every bike costs about twice the sticker price.  A bike for me, jewelry for my wife…"