or Connect

Posts by aamefford

Neither are of concern to me.  DSD is not something I'm likely to spend precious resources on.  Balanced out would be nice, just for concistency.  I am currently running the Dac-19 into the analog input of my HA-1, and listening balanced out through the 4 pin XLR headphone jack.  It sounds better (to me) than the internal dac of the HA-1.  I do have one dac that has balanced and single ended outputs.  I can try it out both SE and balanced with the HA-1 now, and the LC...
Hah!  Make me thirsty and lead me to water....
Awwwww, really?  But it is all still for the LC!  I was considering the Aurender Flow that showed up in the FS section the other day, but my indecision let someone else end up with it.  The Flow seems like a pretty cool dac.  IT does cost twice what the LC does, and has its own amp though. EDIT - oh yeah.  A bunch of posts about a particular dac, not much about the LC.  I guess you have a point there.  OK, move along from the Dac-19 until we get impressions.  Nothing to...
Me either. I just find it amusing that I ended up buying the Dac-19 while I was searching for a transportable Dac.
 OK, very good point.  Besides, bigger is better, isn't it?  The Dac-19 is just slightly smaller than my HA-1.  The Cavilli is just petite for what it offers in sound quality.
I have certainly become impressed after buying a head-fier's mint Dac-19…. I suspect an NFB-1Amp will enter the scene in the next six months or so. Either that or I go the route you did and just hit the top end of the line. I'll get a listen to a master 7 Dac again if possible. That will help me decide.
It's about 9.5" wide x 12.5" deep x 3.75" tall. It weighs in around 8 lb or so. Not so big for a desk or stand. Not transportable though.
Regarding MCU and Dac-19, it does not have a display???  Anyway, I'm not there yet....
One of us - One of us - One of us.......
Nice!  I like it so much, I'm trying to figure out how tp pay for the Ether AND an Audio-GD NFB-1Amp to match the Dac-19.  I figure you can fit al least 6 Liquid Carbons inside the Dac-19 case though.  Definitely not portable.  Which now has me starting this whole search over again.....  I do like the Dac-19 an aweful lot.  I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts about it.  Note that I'm using it into the HA-1's analogue input, balanced out to my headphones.  It...