Posts by aamefford

Hah! That's what Warren told me right before I groused about hating preorders, and then caved 10 minutes later and ordered one! LOL.
PM-3 is one of the least fussy cans I've owned over the years. I use my iPhone when I'm on the go, and SE on my HA-1 at bedside, just because I can. The difference between phone and HA-1 is not really significant to me.
Hah!  You now have about 50 new best friends!
No, I was being glib and tongue in cheek.  I forgot the emoticons....
Perhaps the box was not properly sized?  I kid, of course, you sent a heck of a fleet of headphones.  Now I have some homework, though.  I've got to track down Arli's reviews, and get a feel for his tastes, so I can interpret his review properly.  Or not, as I've already committed to one, based all the recent impressions and reviews, on hearing some of your other amps, meeting you briefly at a show a year or two ago, and some friendly convincing from @warrenpchi behind the...
I'm driving and parking.  We can compare the relative suckage in between headphone sessions.
I have not heard the Ether yet.  I am mildly compelled to come to the defense of the PM-1, sort of.  Why, you may ask?  I split my fanboy duties between Mr. Speakers and Oppo, that's why.   I really like the PM-1 signature, especially for long listening sessions.  It is smooth, intimate, buttery and non-fatiguing.  (just what the hell does buttery mean in this context?  Uhhhh, ...).  Ok, ok, so the converse is that it is overly laid back, has a smallish sound stage, is...
I am also very much looking forward to this meet.  I'll bring most of my gear, as noted somewhere several posts back (Oppo PM-1, PM-3, HA-1 and Mr. Speakers Prime.  Oh, and probably a microstreamer if I don't forget it).   Here is what I am hoping to hear, and all on the Cavalli Liquid Carbon prototype, if one makes it to the meet, and on my HA-1.   HD800's, on a good and complimentary set up, without a bunch of outside noise, for 10 or 15 minutes at least.  I keep...
CEE TEE, drfindley, I'll have the Mr. Speakers Prime and the Oppo PM-3. Both pretty great closed headphones and both very different. Both a worth a listen if you haven't heard them yet.
@jazzfan, your playlist has some real gems in it. Very thoughtfully constructed. I hope you make it, and I hope I am able. I hope all is well, or gets well with you!