Posts by aamefford

Heck yeah!  Sittin' on a fence for a month can make a fella uncomfortable, if you know what I mean...  Seriously, welcome.  Resistance if futile....
Wait - what?  Nick's running for president?
That's at least 3 today isn't it?  Funny....  I jumped on board early this month, thinking they'd all be gone.  I think I was tail end of the initial feeding frenzy, and things are calming down to a more normal pace now.
Awesome to hear.  You are sucking me in further.  Eventually, I won't be able to swim out of the maelstrom....  Actually, I already can't.  Finite resources are the only reason I'm not on preorder.  The Ether is a really wonderful headphone.  I'll have one eventually.....
This one was covered in black techflex or similar. That seemed to be the only drawback. Tech flex has kind of a scratchy sound and feel. The cable is stiffer than some. I have a custom built one from really slinky wire with paracord over it. I just wanted a really slinky cable. That said, I didn't mind the DUM cable. I'd be fine owning one for the Ether.
Not to the degree of a lyr for me. Good, neutral amp that comes from a deep dark background. Has an engaging quality that I can't really define. It is not colored to me. A lyr is kind of euphoric to me. A bit colored in a nice way.
Agreed.  A phone doesn't do them justice, but it isn't all that bad.
I took a quick peek at your profile - the Primes should meet or exceed the HD600's bass impact and extension if I recall correctly.  It is worth checking to be sure you have a good seal.  A couple of hints: 1) Make sure the headband is extended far enough, so that the bottom of the ear cup can seal correctly.  I started out by running them down far enough the the top of my ear touched on each cup, then brough each cup up just a bit.  Both cups were extended further than I...
or not….
I'm probably going to just keep mine for a while.  I really like them.  After a while, they will either settle in at a fairly constant value, or go the route of the Denon D2/5/7000's that shot up in value when they were no longer available except on the used market.  I had been considering selling them to fund the Ether, and keeping an inferior but nice pair of closed headphones.  It looks like the Ether will be around for quite a while, so I'm in no hurry.  The Ether is...