or Connect

Posts by alvin sawdust

My 3s were changed to fazor with 110 ohm drivers when one of the classic drivers failed. Sound wise there is more detail up top  and lows seem tighter but not as prominent and as I have mentioned in a previous post, you don't get the cavernous bass which in turn gave a huge headstage. Because of the more illuminated top end I sold my silver cable and bought a copper litz cable which has compensated a little in the lows, giving a more airey and textured (defined) bass.
Surprised this hasn't been snatched up, bargain price. Wish these came up in the UK.   Good luck with the sale.
Yes they do sound different, unfortunately the classic drivers suffer from reliability issues. I am happy with my fazor replacements but I do miss the cavernous bass of the classic.
Apex Vug   Vug - Small cavity in a rock filled or lined with crystals/minerals that are different from the host rock.
You won't really be buying this amp, you'll just be "looking after it".   Added to bucket list.
This is a fabulous dac for the money and mine will remain in my system for a very long time. As I had him do for mine, for a small fee, Larry can change the mains voltage to 230v.   Good luck with the sale.
Thanks for your insight AiDee.
Because of the fazored LCD3's higher impedance, has anyone tried them with a amp usually reserved for higher z phones i.e. OTL?   Apologies if this seems a dumb question.
Price drop to £275.