or Connect

Posts by alvin sawdust

I think he is in Vietnam, not 100% sure though.
Great build. Where are you based?
Open to reasonable offers.
Thanks for the great comments guys. I have got the 41 back in my rig at the moment and it is such a musically engaging dac. The mods have taken it to another level. Thought this would have gone by now to be honest.   Just want to reiterate that the hiss I have mentioned is very faint and you have to turn the wick up to hear it with nothing playing.
As stock cables go, the HD800 cable is decent and I lived with it quite happily for some time. I managed to buy a Entreq replacement cable second hand and the improvements were easy to hear which surprised me as I didn't expect it. A far more engaging experience  and money well spent to my ears.   On the other hand though, I would never post on here saying I can't understand why people don't buy upgrade cables. Like everything audio it generally costs to take something...
Trying the Teton on iem setting at the moment. I have a slightly noisy GEC 6AS7G that picks up a little hum from one of my psu transformers. In iem setting the hum can't be heard but I am having to turn up the wick to around 3-4 o'clock to reach satisfactory volume. Will have to listen for a while to see if it sounds better than the normal setting. I am using HD800s.
Price drop to £SOLD.
Up for sale is my Lampi Amber plus in perfect condition with smoked polycarbonate front panel. It has the twin choke upgrade and is fitted with a 1949 RCA rectifier. Rca outputs with usb and toslink inputs. Plays PCM and DSD although I have only used it for PCM. The 5 year warranty is transferable and I only took delivery of this in may. Along with the warranty certificate is a test sheet and I have the original packaging. Reason for selling is I am looking to move up...
Up for sale is my beloved X5 single ended headphone amp designed and built by electronics engineer Kelvyn Shaw.   I first saw this amp advertised on ebay and noticed it was local to me. I contacted Kelvyn and he agreed to loan me the amp for a week and in that time it impressed me immensely, doing a better job with my LCD-2 r1 than a Leben CS300SX and a DarkVoice 337se that I had at the time. A few months after buying the amp  I had Kelvyn swap out the Alps Blue for a...
Thanks Nitis. You are right, this unassuming looking little dac has flown under the radar and was a step up from both Tranquility models that I previously owned.