Posts by alvin sawdust

Forgot to add that these phones have already been repaired on the date shown on the earlier graph.
Yes I was told. The phones were sent back because of the L/H driver was cutting out so they replaced the drivers. I am the third person to own these so I wouldn't have thought they would be fitted with fazor from original. I emailed Audeze yesterday for more details of what they did.I have both graphs and will attempt to upload them to these pages.
Interesting article from Tyll. Just found out by rubbing my finger over the inner mesh that my recently RMA'd 3s now have the Fazor technology fitted. Wondered why they sounded a bit louder at the same volume setting, put it down to the mods I had done to my dac, but now realize it must be the higher z of 110.
Where in the UK are you?
I can only speak for the DAC-41.   Let us know how you get on if you snag one.
Have had it for a few months now and the best way to describe it is it cleans up the sound, therefore bringing you closer to the live event. Great VFM in my opinion. I use it with the DAC-41. Not looking to sell at the moment.
Are you going to be using them together or just to compare the two?   Interested as i have the Aubisque.
I'm in.
The new Ordettes LCD-3.
Couldn't have put it better myself. There are many a time I have drifted off to sleep, lost in the wonderful soundscape the 3s conjure up.