or Connect

Posts by alvin sawdust

Up for sale is my beloved X5 single ended headphone amp designed and built by electronics engineer Kelvyn Shaw.   I first saw this amp advertised on ebay and noticed it was local to me. I contacted Kelvyn and he agreed to loan me the amp for a week and in that time it impressed me immensely, doing a better job with my LCD-2 r1 than a Leben CS300SX and a DarkVoice 337se that I had at the time. A few months after buying the amp  I had Kelvyn swap out the Alps Blue for a...
Thanks Nitis. You are right, this unassuming looking little dac has flown under the radar and was a step up from both Tranquility models that I previously owned.
Fitted a Mullard CV4003 cryo treated into my Amber+. Not too impressed at first but after 200 hours it really has come into it's own. Beautiful midrange and the highs are just perfect on my HD800s.
I have advertised these before but changed my mind because they are so good. These are definitely up for grabs now as I have snagged myself a pair of the signature version. 1m long and in excellent condition and are terminated with excellent WBT locking rca plugs.
Firewire 800 (9 pin to 9 pin) data only firewire cable.  Bought this for a project that didn't materialise.  In excellent condition and 1.25m long.
Up for sale is my fantastic NOS usb only dac. I had it modded by Sean at Custom Hifi Cables and as usual his work is meticulous.  In Seans words here are the mods he carried out for me: The PSU is based on the DC2 PSU but with two separate output windings from the transformer - one for digital, one for analogue. Each supply is rectified with low-noise Schottky diodes and smoothed with 2x10,000uF capacitor banks, with additional filtering components to reduce harmonic...
Thanks for your impressions. Sounds like you will have your time taken up with all those phones to swap and change.Might have to keep my eye out for a cardas cable in the for sale ads.
Stunning. GLWTS.
You went quiet. Are you still using the Cardas Clear with your HD800s?
Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts Stefano. To be honest I have not heard anyone say they dislike the HP8 but then again we all like different things. I find the HD800 to be great with any genre I throw at it and contrary to what some people say I find the bass to be outstanding in depth and texture and i have been a long time Audeze user.