Posts by Hiker

No Corda HA-2 or PreHead in here? Just surprised a little.
I haven't really noticed this, but I will take a listen later. What exactly makes you think this is true?
The other day something rather unfortunate happened: my hard drive containing all of my mp3s suddenly went dead and needless to say, all my mp3s are now gone. From my computer at least. I have them all on my Ipod, but that damn Steve Jobs won't let me download them from the Ipod back to my new hard drive. Does anyone know of any third party software that would allow me to do this on a Windows computer?? This would be of great help to me since I don't really want to...
Quote: Originally Posted by SiBurning 5 lbs? I hope you either roast it yourself or drink it by the gallon. Roasted coffee starts to lose it in a few weeks. I'm still hoping to find a convenient place to get fresh roasted coffee beans, but it's hard to find them. I hear occasional rumors about such places in the Lower East Side (Manhattan) or the Village, but whenever I go to one it's the same old burlap bags sitting for who knows how long. Just signed up...
When not using my Moka Express, I break out the french press about every other day. Here are my tips: -Use 1 tablespoon of coarsely ground beans for every 3 oz of water. -I use hot water coming from my electric kettle at about 190-200F. -After adding the beans and water to the press, I stir to distribute the grounds throughout the water. -Brew for 4 minutes, and then plunge. Decant the coffee immediately so that if does not continue to brew. Try these few...
Quote: Originally Posted by flashnolan Thank you for your advice. I am the kind of person that does not mind living in the city. One particular apartment I found in Newark does not have bars on the windows so I am not too worried. Tell me where in Newark the apartment is, and I'll tell you if you should be worried. On a more important note, as stated before by me and others, the commute from Newark to Mahwah is not convienent. The traffic would...
The only area in Newark I would say is ok is the Ironbound. Having said that, the commute from Newark to Mahwah would be a real pain in the neck. I would definately look around Mahwah itself. Mahwah and the surrounding area is relatively quiet, very safe, and even a little picturesque (Not Grand Canyon picturesque, but hey, its pretty good for the NYC area).
If you need to be able to commute to Mahwah, I'd look for something west of the Hudson River. Is there any reason why you are looking at Yonkers? In order to get to Mahwah from Yonkers, you have to take the Tappan Zee Bridge which is not all that direct. Living closer to Mahwah either in NJ or NY would be beneficial. The Mahwah area is very suburban and tends to be a bit rural if you head north or west.
Quote: Originally Posted by spacecoyote Circle, Rt 31 South, Pennington, Mercer County We were independent for 38 years and just got bought by the folks that own the Super Saver on Rt 22 near Bridgewater If you come to my store there are only two of us (I Dig A Pony) that really know the beers, Rick Allen, the Beer Manager, and myself. I'll have to check it out one day. I've been to that Super Saver you mentioned a number of times. They have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by spacecoyote Hey Cleophus...where do you get your Ij? I am trying to locate it so I can carry it at the store I work in. We carry ~750 craft beers but at this moment we don't have Ij. I've seen it in Pennsylvania but not in New Jersey. Hey, I see you are in NJ, so am I. What store do you work in? I'm always on the lookout for a good beer store.