Posts by J Epstein

Thanks very much for the link, I will probably order from there shortly. I dunno if it's a sexy circuit, exactly, but it does do some unique things. try it!   -j
Wakibaki:   I am reading this thread with quite a bit of interest, thank you for sharing your herculean efforts and I wish you all the best overcoming your health issues. elliottstudio, thank you for sharing your results with the inexpensive line transformers - interesting indeed to this cheapskate builder.   One thing I'd like to share is that I have had very nice results using a couple of the untested-but-speculated ideas you've mentioned above, I can encourage...
I do indeed apologize in advance for posting a question before reading the whole thread but - it IS 200+ pages now!   Here's my application : I control live sound at a church and mix the audio both for the congregation AND a webcast. My listening position is close to a drummer and a pianist so, for me, isolation is a primary concern. In general, I find IEM's do well with isolation as compared to most other cans. Another potential use is for commuting via NY City...
This article is a great complement to another wonderful read that I'll shout out here: Perfecting Sound Forever: An Aural History of Recorded Music by Greg Milner     One topic they have in common is the way in which our supposed "march towards perfection" in audio is being turned upside down by the digital data concept "This much information is enough." Says who? How do you know? Audio promoters have been telling people for years that the sound their new gadget...
The tool should screw apart like a ballpoint pen, the filters will be inside.
I found that it did take a while to get used to one aspect of the Ety sound, which another poster described in more detail above. Sionce they go All The Way into your ear, there is no sense of "air" or "thump" and this is a very different sensation for bass tones than I was used to. It's like the difference between headphones and a speaker, only, one level more extreme. Nothing kicks you in the chest, with any headphones, but it doesn't even shake your ear with the...
Some RCA jacks come with nylon washers which will insulate them from a metal chassis, then they have a washer with a solder lug for the ground connection. If look for them, you will find them - Mouser or Radio Shack or elsewhere. -j
I'm guessing you don't have them fully seated, if you can hear people talking nearby. I prefer the foam to the white rubber tips too. Twist the foam between your fingers until they are small and narrow (they will expand later.) Put them ALL THE WAY INTO your ears - there will be a bend inside your ear canal, they should go just around that bend. When properly seated, you will notice MUCH less sound coming from the environment. Then listen some more and tell us...
Don - good luck with the new 'phone introduction. If you can get similar sound to the ER4 series - almost as good - with equal or near-equal isolation (VERY IMPORTANT contribution to the ETY sound anyway!) at a much cheaper price you will probably have a lot of new customers. You could also get some of the ETY "hard core" interested in buying the cheaper ones for more rugged applications like commuting, workouts, etc. Do I sound like your marketing...
12022 & 12563 (12563 was a recent factory replacement for the original driver, no, they do NOT last forever!) Purchased in 1998. Very Satisfied Customer. -j