Posts by cn11

Mind comparing the VSD3S to the Tenore?? 
Awesome, that makes me happy to hear.
Got a Ref1 on the way. Decided to just stick with the Gold/Silver cable for now, b/c the warmer sound sig I've read about with the Uber didn't really sound like the best thing to me with reports the IEM is a touch on the 'laid back' side. Hoping the very detailed/crisp DX90 pairs well with it. 
I've got some hours now on a pair bought from woodlandhills_cass on Ebay, and I can say it really opens up with some time. I suppose I have around 20 hours on it now, and I now notice that it's much closer to the scale of sound with the Dita Answer. This is getting absurd!!! A $56 phone.... 
 Actually I think the Answer is probably better with the DX90... as the DX90 is quite detailed and etched sounding, so if paired with the overly biting treble of the Truth it probably wouldn't make for a great match. The Answer has more body and weight in the mids and vocals, so it does great with the DX90. I bet the Pure II will be awesome with it too, I'd love to hear that amp.
 Well at least you get to save a bundle on one end!! 
 From my short listen the other day, I'd say it's mostly there to giant killer! It really doesn't need a whole lot more, just a tiny bit.  If it had better dynamics, and more spaciousness, then I think it would pretty much signal the apocalypse of TOTL personal audio... 
  You're definitely not crazy... You should have seen Idsynchrono's expression when my face just went stark in amazement as I went back and forth with the Tenore and those TOTL IEMs..
About a couple weeks ago I got to listen to Idsynchrono_24's Tenore. I compared closely to the SE846, Truth, and Answer. I felt that it handily bettered the SE846, but both the Truth and Answer were superior to the Tenore. I will say t was freakish how close the Tenore held up, but it was bettered in terms of dynamics, and more of a spacious feel. I thought the difference was only like 20% though, which is just plain ridiculous considering we're talking about a $50 phone...
 The DX90 sounds awesome with the Dita Answer. When I'm walking around with just the DX90 pocketed, I can't believe the level of sound for a 'pocketable' setup. It's a very good pairing. Much more body and realism (without sacrificing any detail) compared to my now gone Truth/ZX1 rig. And it's more economical with both pieces.... With the RX mk3 in the mix, the soundstage gets noticeably more open, and things get even more large scale sounding. It was a treat listening...