or Connect

Posts by cn11

I just did the exact same thing. Likewise looking forward to hopefully hearing what all the fuss is about....
I'm rather surprised that the Solar is considered that warm... I really don't hear it that way. Also, that the Galaxy, being a dynamic, is so fast/neutral in signature. Usually it's the other way around for BA vs. DD IEMs. I'm a bit curious about the Galaxy now! 
  To me the Solar is not an overly warm IEM, not by any means. Does it have a slightly lifted bass?... yes. But it's not a syrupy thick mid-bassy type elevation, it's nice and cleanly done. Clarity is definitely is definitely up there with the best I've heard, including the Jupiter, and Mason. And the spatial presentation is probably the widest I've heard.  Another thing I find reassuring is the build quality of the Solar. The shells just feel more solid in hand than when...
Quote: Originally Posted by shotgunshane  Holeesmokes, the 12 has more bass than the 10?! U10 is pretty bassy. I'm using the sport series complies to reduce bass! (due to porous nature of the sport series).   Ha ha ha... So is the U10 bassier than the Solar? I'm finding that one quite prodigious in the lows...
  The Solar is a great match with the QP1R. You can really pick up on the extra sense of space and layering over something like a ZX2 or iPhone 6(+). No worries there, that's for sure. 
New Solar owner here... Getting used to the sound signature. Someone previously mentioned it sounds quite 'analog', and I totally agree. I've been doing the necessary tip rolling this afternoon, and have landed on UE 900 replacement silicone. Seems to keep the nice slamming bass, but brings out the best of the midrange and treble. Next I think I'm going to pick up a Norne Therium cable to see what that does for the sound. 
Unique Melody Mason:  Selling my UM Mason, with average usage hours (it's been my daily IEM since June). It is in excellent condition, both cosmetically and functionally. I'm selling because other gear has made this IEM unnecessary, and I could really use the funds for other planned gear. It comes with all original accessories, protective case, and most packaging except for one of the black inner sleeves. The outer box tore somewhat upon opening, but otherwise everything...
Massdrop TH-X00:  Selling my very lightly used TH-X00 (SN# 13XX- very early 1300's). It is in like new condition, both cosmetically and functionally, having been used for less than a month... not even broken in. I'm selling because its sound signature is just not my cup o' tea, and I could really use the funds for other planned items to pick up. It comes with all original accessories, protective case, and packaging. Price includes Paypal / shipping for continental US...
 Good to hear your replacement QP1R is much better. The scroll wheel on mine is just as you described for your first one, essentially unusable. So I'm particularly happy to hear that there is variation toward the better. You've just convinced me to get a replacement for mine as well!
You should be thankful it's $899 now instead of the originally slated $1299!! Think that's possibly $400 to cable upgrade...