Posts by cn11

That's great to hear because I should be receiving a pair of Pandora Hope VI tomorrow, which I bought on the boards here second-hand. Can't wait to hear it. Also have a Rx MK3 to use for a little more driving authority. 
 That's about all there is to whine about though! I agree the stock cable is definitely not the most comfortable thing. 
Looking forward to the impressions...
Now out of stock.
 My rig precisely...    I use the bright filter as well on the 846, and have never been a treblehead; this just gives the most neutral detailed sound sig to my ears, that's all!  http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/9855#post_10230397
 Tell me about it... Sometimes I catch myself thinking about picking up the 887 just to have a baby brother to the ZX1 (or to wean the wife off her Nano and have her see what a truly nice sounding DAP is like)!  It's such a shame you have to re-purchase. I bet the punk who pinched your ZX1 doesn't have the faintest idea what it is... 
 Really, that's what I have the biggest issue with so far. I will see if it simply gets better with more playing time... and then if I need to do the mod. Exciting nonetheless.
 Yup, that's what I did. No problem whatsoever in the process. I will continue to look to PJ if I ever want to order any obscure Japanese gear that doesn't get released here...
 I perceive the 90 quite similarly to you in the early stages... I find the bass pretty hefty as well, bordering on basshead level. I was puzzled too by the 'bass missing' comments!  The thing I feel is lacking a bit is clarity/resolution in the upper mids and lower treble. I just feel that I hear a fair amount more detail in my SE846.... or should I say that the detail is hinted at by the Mikros 90, but you almost have to peer through murky water to notice, for lack of a...
It seems as though the 90 is gonna take on the same sort of modding legend as the T50RP (I can see it coming now).