Posts by cn11

Got mine from Pricejapan today. Won't say a whole lot about sound at this point because according to Sony it needs some hours for the components/capacitors to settle in. What I like so far is having damn Android OS again (read easy to deal with) after the tiny/PITA UI of the DX 90.... Also, being able to pop in all my music on my micro SD card rather than wait for over an hour to copy it to the new Sony was a real treat.    Taking it out of the box I was totally...
 Oh, it's hard to say at this point. It does sound damn nice straight out of the box, but with all the higher end components/capacitors inside, they claim it needs about 100 hours to open up to its best. And I don't have the ZX1 or DX90 anymore to compare it to. But I can tell you it has awesomely deep and tight bass, and the black space between instruments is really apparent. It sort of has this palpability to it. More to come....
Fresh in the States from Japan.... Sounds great initially with K10U. Kinda funny how puny that Noble jack plug is against that huge brass thing on the Sony...  
Holy crap, I was not prepared for how amazing 'Growing Up' by Peter Gabriel sounds on the K10U!       It's an older recording and all, but good grief is it ever layered and rich. I haven't heard it this alive through any phone previously. Guess I'm experiencing that cliche hearing your music all over again...  
 Awesome, I highly look forward to this... mainly because I hope the K10U unseats the Roxy! Heh heh heh....  Thanks for the W60/Roxy comparison here btw... 
How does the Layla hold up to the K10U?... I see you have that in your setups.
  How do you find the W60 vs. the K10U? And the Roxanne? You should shoot an image of the Roxanne next to the K10U to show the difference in size!     Yeah, totally agree. The more I listen, the more smitten I get with it. It's the most incisive, focused, yet still holistic IEM I've yet heard. The vocal and instrument tone matches my past favorites in that regard- the ASG 1Plus, and LAB 1... easily. 
 That's hilarious.... two headphone budgets to fulfill under one roof! At least she's got good taste in audio...
I think the K10U is very understated... no one would think there are 10 BAs lurking in each side with how small the shells are.   
As the title states, I'm after extras of the large Ortofon and Spinfit tips (would take a pair or two of S & M though as well for wife's IEM).   Please contact if you have any extras not needed and would like to make a little extra cash....   Thanks in advance.