Posts by cn11

Yeah, they are both magnificent. Hard to choose between them. I'm happy to have an IEM that rivals the LAB (although just in a slightly different way), which I won't worry so much about using while on the go.    I don't really have a true "high end" DAP currently... just slumming it with the DX90 for both!!  
I'm happy to report that I am once again a Fitear owner.... This time it's a pair of Parterre. Previously it was the TG334. The Parterre has a lot more clarity up through the treble area than the 334 could ever muster. It may be a touch spiky though. It's really a resolving earphone, for sure. It easily picks up all the nuances that my LAB 1 has, it's just a touch more dry about it; it's a more incisive IEM, compared to the LAB's meaty, honey good midrange (whilst still...
Got in a set of ASG-2.5 today. Bought HiFlight's FS pair. I'm really impressed. It strikes me as much more spacious, and lively in the highs, than I remember when I heard Eke's loaner 2.0. And the bass is noticeably more sub-bass oriented with less mid-bass bloat. I took one quick listen with bass ports open to about 1/4, and immediately turned them to minimum. That's just about perfect... I really like the level of detail and extension in the highs while not generating...
I would also like to point out that listening to the LAB 1 (a very, very subtle and nuanced phone) "for a brief moment only" is not a great way to gain insight into its total sonic offering. It is notorious for giving an 'uninspiring' first impression. With time, the depth of its resolution, rich layering, detail, and lifelike tone all start to make their impressions. 
  Yeah, $1000 plus is the current fad right now.....
Just kill me now... too many new models to try out.
It should be a damn breakthrough with the price differential over the H3!
  Same here....
I actually dreamt I was listening to the Z5 last night. It had the most deep, realistic and punchy bass I'd ever heard in an IEM, layered and richly detailed without being at all harsh, full and lifelike mids/vocals with the appropriate placement, and of course a huge soundstage with the best delineation of instruments within it that I'd ever heard.   Hopefully that's what we'll get!   
I'll be keenly watching the developments on this one....