or Connect

Posts by cn11

Hey Shigzeo- thanks for starting the Jupiter specific thread. I'm a happy new owner of a pair as well. I'm running it with the Questyle QP1R. Very nice match. I do hear a touch of hiss as you mention, but once the music begins it's no big deal!     I find the Jupiter very 'connected', and pretty complete across the board. Wonderful level of detail, no harshness at all, and it really draws one into whatever music being listened to.    A buddy of mine in town just got...
 Yeah it's great that the price came down from $1299. It really helps save funds for other gear. The Jupiter sounds fantastic out of every source I've tried it with, from the iPhone 6+, to ZX2, up to the QP1R or course. It sounds best out of the Questyle, but the ZX2 does totally fine by it too. The Jupiter doesn't require crazy power levels and any of these sources drive it totally fine. 
Coming from ZX2 / UM Mason, I just sort of decided spur of the moment to try the QP1R & Campfire Audio Jupiter... I thought it would be hard to improve on the ZX2/Mason, but it's happened....      
Just got a QP1R this past weekend. I've been comparing it to the ZX2 over the past several days, and sonically it's crazy how much more open and dynamic it is than the Sony (and this is with the ZX2 running the increased volume output trick, which gives it more clarity and range). I really did not expect that. I find it hard to choose between them though because with how great the Questyle is with its sound, the Sony is that good aesthetically (and the QP1R is that much...
 I was surprised to hear it the way I do actually... I saw the measurements for the TH-X00 from another site, which looked pretty darn flat, so the amount of mid-bass caught me buy surprise. I think that is what's giving it such a sense of heavy bass. To me it sounds much more elevated there than the graph would suggest. Oh well!  
I'm using a Sony ZX2 with the output bumped up via the sound enhancement disabling trick. It provides healthy drive and power this way... But the sound is just too dark. And I've never heard the ZX2 sound dark with any other phone. FWIW it's also dark in the same way out of several laptops we have. (Two Macs and a PC).
I've had a pair for a short while now and estimate my set has about 50 hours on it to this point. I haven't really observed much in the way of audible changes in the process of initial listening. When I was reading others' reviews prior to the drop of this headphone, I was under the impression that bass was quite good but that it was not really a 'bass-head' phone. When I received it and played the first track, I was pretty shocked at the sheer amount of bass present....
I got to hear the Empire Ears line recently, and to me none of them matched the Mason's clarity and detail, including the Zeus. It sounded a bit thicker and more confused in the midrange to me, but may have had a more full tone and broader presentation in that area. Still, somehow the Mason seemed to have more clarity in the mids, and vocals just sounded more 'right'. I met my friend fully planning on being blown away enough by the Zeus that I'd feel like I had to have it,...
I echo Chodi's experience when I had the K10U and then the Mason came in... I could tell immediately that the K10U was nowhere near the Mason's level of resolution and clarity. I'd add that the midrange had issues, being somewhat sucked out by comparison, and with a bit of an off tone to it. The Mason's was just so much more natural and 'correct' sounding. I literally knew in 5 minutes which one was going up for sale.... I will say though that I did highly enjoy the...
I'd take one, but in a universal.