Posts by cn11

The biggest ones are probably the addition of micro SD card slot to go along with the 128GB of internal storage, major extension in battery life, and supposed improvement in sound quality (which I can't confirm over the ZX1 as I don't own that one anymore). Also it's reportedly capable of doing balanced or single out of its headphone jack. 
    OK, you guys do that..... and after close to a year of your waiting for these reasons, all the while I'll have been enjoying a highly satisfying, feature rich, product which obviously shows extensive R&D by Sony. I personally don't care if I paid full price instead of waiting for say a 20% drop... the enjoyment of the build of this thing, and the quick UI, combined with the initial sound quality make me a satisfied early adopter.... I wish all the people bashing Sony...
 After a couple minute database update to read the micro SD card, it is seamless like you are browsing the library on the machine. There is no going to a dedicated folder to access the card or anything. When I powered up mine for the first time yesterday, it did the update, then all my music was right there ready to go... no more waiting an hour or more for music files to copy over from computer. Very nice. My music collection is approximately 30GB.  Regarding power, it...
Sold my ZX1 and now a new owner of the ZX2, but I do not have any negative memories of the 1 at all... I highly enjoyed it and think it's a great DAP still. And I bet it'll be a great time to find lightly used ZX1s on the used market now that the new 2 is out. 
Got mine from Pricejapan today. Won't say a whole lot about sound at this point because according to Sony it needs some hours for the components/capacitors to settle in. What I like so far is having damn Android OS again (read easy to deal with) after the tiny/PITA UI of the DX 90.... Also, being able to pop in all my music on my micro SD card rather than wait for over an hour to copy it to the new Sony was a real treat.    Taking it out of the box I was totally...
 Oh, it's hard to say at this point. It does sound damn nice straight out of the box, but with all the higher end components/capacitors inside, they claim it needs about 100 hours to open up to its best. And I don't have the ZX1 or DX90 anymore to compare it to. But I can tell you it has awesomely deep and tight bass, and the black space between instruments is really apparent. It sort of has this palpability to it. More to come....
Fresh in the States from Japan.... Sounds great initially with K10U. Kinda funny how puny that Noble jack plug is against that huge brass thing on the Sony...  
Holy crap, I was not prepared for how amazing 'Growing Up' by Peter Gabriel sounds on the K10U!       It's an older recording and all, but good grief is it ever layered and rich. I haven't heard it this alive through any phone previously. Guess I'm experiencing that cliche hearing your music all over again...  
 Awesome, I highly look forward to this... mainly because I hope the K10U unseats the Roxy! Heh heh heh....  Thanks for the W60/Roxy comparison here btw... 
How does the Layla hold up to the K10U?... I see you have that in your setups.