or Connect

Posts by cn11

Followed suit and tried the stock tips w/short length and wide bore, shoved all the way down as both suggestions here (normally just bypass an IEM's stock tips, figuring I've got other options which always prove to work out better).... wow, really takes this IEM to a whole new level. I used to think the midrange was a bit thin and slightly pulled back, but now it's much more full bodied, lifelike and rich. This is really something else to hear this much difference....
Yep, sure am using it with the ZX2.... 
I've been listening to my pair for a couple days as well... have no idea how many hours are on it yet, but it's not that many. I burn stuff in by just listening!   Anyway, I really am enjoying this IEM too. The amount of sound quality-to-dollar is crazy. I am for one highly thankful that at least one manufacturer is doing/has done something to reverse the crazy trend of continually raising the kilobuck+ flagship pricing. I think they're going to sell a boat load of these...
Agree that tips are of utmost importance. Without the right ones, the sound is definitely less than desirable when it comes to detail and resolution. Once the right tip is found, those aspects open up more and there is finally acceptable detail/clarity. I think the UE900 tips are pretty good, but the Penon Audio grey silicone ones w/red core help the clarity even more, and perhaps anyone ordering a pair from Penon should just automatically get a packet of those tips along...
 I purchased the IT03 from Penon Audio.
I'm truly stoked to receive the IT03 soon (hopefully this week). With the recent comments by respected members of how it stacks up vs. the A91 and Andromeda, they speak volumes of what the SQ may be like. And I already thoroughly dig the A91 after less than 2 weeks of ownership. Can't wait to get it. 
I'm wondering if this can possibly just about equal the sound of the A91 Sirius but with better isolation and a lower hit on funds... because I really dig the A91's SQ. Sure hope so.
Ordered!   Looks by the shell design that isolation is quite good. And thank goodness the color is something sensible..... Sure looks the business.
Yep, the shell size is very large, and combined with the shallow depth they sit at, can make for problematic fit... definitely. Don't give up on tip choices. The red core silicone ones from Penon Audio are really great with the Sirius, I'm glad I included a pack of them in my order. 
  I'd say it was more of a dynamic driver thing... better weight and extension to the bass (doing the mod removes the bass bleed into the mids, and lets the clarity breathe significantly better), more of a natural tone up through the mids and vocals... The clarity on the Andromeda kept up with the modded S5, but it fell behind in the other aspects where great dynamic driver phones excel. The sense of space was better on the modded one too. I think the S5 just felt more...