Posts by cn11

That cable is absolutely gorgeous, with how the wood jack and Y juncture match the IEM body. Nice work.
So for anyone who thinks the Ref.1 is a touch rolled off in the highs, and happens to also own a Dita IEM, I highly recommend their single flange silicon tips with the medium grey opening. I had tried this tip when I first got the Ref.1, but for some reason thought it was worse sounding than the single flanges which came with the Ref.1. Maybe I hadn't pushed it down as far as it would go on the nozzle or something. I was listening to both last night, and realizing how...
It's the most common type... from Westone to JH Audio, UM, to most CIEM makers. Although Westone has just started using more of a Shure-like connector with a swivel, and the JH Audio Roxanne uses a different connector with a thread down collar. 
 Ah, yeah, I can see where that would lead to some confusion seeing that picture the first time. It looks like Tralucent made a cable for Fitear models. If Tralucent made the Ref.1 with those connectors, it would be such a nice upgrade. I'm telling you, when I had the Fitear TG334, the way the cables snapped into place was one of my very favorite things about the whole package. It just oozed quality. 
 Yeah, the tape inside the socket seemed like the best solution to me. Glad it worked for you too. Not sure what you're asking exactly regarding the Fitear connectors. They won't fit the type socket that's on the Ref.1 (and Westone/JH Audio, etc). The Fitear pins are thicker, and have a groove which snaps into place in the Fitear IEM socket. It's a fantastic connection, and when I mentioned it earlier, I simply meant I wish more manufacturers would use that type of...
 It's the more current right angle mini plug....  This is the cable I have (delancyst's recent image): 
I managed to cut a small rectangle of black electrical tape to about the size of one of the longer inner socket walls, and press it into place inside there with a small flat-head screw driver. Thankfully it seems to create better grip on the cable's mini plug giving a more secure fit. I think I may be good now. 
 Google Play has gotten my subscription money of late. It's still not ideal though. Their music database is missing a few of my favorite albums. Needs some filling out. 
Good to hear on other cables fitting better. For a workaround if I hang onto this set, I was thinking of cutting a really small piece of scotch tape and using tweezers to place it in the inner wall of the socket recess, to create a slightly more snug fit. Has anyone with the 1plus2 tried this?
Yeah, I do think it's best I check with Dimitri and see what they'll do. I have a custom made cable coming soon though, so I will see how it fits the socket first...