Posts by cn11

You're crazy for selling!  But good luck with sale.
Thanks! But unfortunately about all I can shoot like this by holding the iPhone up to the eyepiece is the moon. Planets are too small to show any detail or come to any sort of crisp focus (I've tried, it doesn't work well!)... If I want to do any more elaborate astrophotography, I need a much more expensive, tracking, mount for the scope. Which makes sort of like the 'sorry about your wallet' slogan here- it can be a scary expensive hobby!    Maybe I can catch a lunar...
 I only cropped a bit of the black sky out of the one on the right. The left-hand one is shot through a higher power eyepiece on the telescope (about 120 power), so if you open up the full sized image, then zoom, you can see there's more detail in the craters on that image. I placed both images together in the same file in Photoshop.
I got a couple hand-held iPhone snaps of the moon with the phone held up to my telescope's eyepiece.  
I would imagine controlling the amount of friction the ear cups have on the slider is hard to repeat in production (some variation probably happens)- meaning trying to keep the perfect amount of resistance to stay put for listening, while being able to move easily by hand for adjustment... Mine certainly don't stay in place on their own even when sitting perfectly still. While listening I can feel them moooooovvvviinnngggg sloooowwlllyyyy down on the sliders, thereby...
Agree-- it feels very exclusive to own a set of this headphone. I can't foresee selling in a long, long time. 
I'd go for the universal version in a heartbeat if I had the extra funds! Wonder how it would compare next to the SE846.... 
As far as the differences between the FA-4E & 846, the Shure is more dynamic in terms of bass extension. I get a soundstage which is a little bit wider, and treble extension with about the same ultimate reach, but this is only the case with the most ideal tips. For me that is Sony Hybrids. I have to wrap a little bit of clear tape around the nozzles so they stay on, but once in place they offer notably more open sound than any other tip I have on hand. Vocals on the FA-4E...
^^ Pics please!
I'm highly curious about the MDR-7520, and the Focal Spirit Pro... and may as well include the Thinksound ON1...