or Connect

Posts by cn11

I'd say it was more of a dynamic driver thing... better weight and extension to the bass (doing the mod removes the bass bleed into the mids, and lets the clarity breathe significantly better), more of a natural tone up through the mids and vocals... The clarity on the Andromeda kept up with the modded S5, but it fell behind in the other aspects where great dynamic driver phones excel. The sense of space was better on the modded one too. I think the S5 just felt more...
What, do I have to take a picture to 'prove' it to you? Jeez.... I have a 1st gen, a 2nd gen, and I live in the same city that the guy who's experimenting with all the mod procedures does. He's doing one for me as well currently.    But anyway, back to the Andromeda.... 
 I've heard a couple of the modded Series 5's, and it's apparent that obtaining a consistent result is quite tricky. Apparently the key is to puncture the filter just right, or even do a series of small pushes around the edges of the filter's circle so it dislodges. If done correctly, the sound is absolutely astounding. The one modded most successfully sounded noticeably better than the Andromeda to my ears, no doubt. 
Yeah, I was concerned a bit by it from the very beginning too, but I suppose I can take it as a sign to play around with some aftermarket cables. Last night I tried my ALO SXC 24 spc on it, and it definitely brought  some added clarity and sparkle which was great. Bass took a little step back though in terms of weight which I didn't like! Plus that cable is so darn stiff and springy it's about at the bottom of the pile ergonomically speaking that I've ever used.... so I...
I'm already getting some fraying to the fabric cable wrap, on the right side where it bends over the top of the ear. Not too pleased about that. Maybe I should just take it as a sign to go aftermarket as well. 
Selling my Campfire Audio Andromeda (1st gen). It's in near perfect condition cosmetically, and functions as new. It comes with all original accessories, protective case, and packaging. The ALO SXC 24 cable & Sony Hybrid tips in photo are not included (will include the cable for $200 additional).Price includes shipping for continental US only. Paypal fee extra if not sent as gift.   ***Sold***
Cons so far with the Sirius: > Definitely pretty poor isolation... was hoping to find something new to take with me on an upcoming work trip to China, but I'm not sure from the little time I've had it that the Sirius will work for a long flight. Definitely bummed about that. > No second cable w/3.5 plug so one doesn't have to add a couple-inch-long adapter cord at the end which weighs things down. > I think I detect a touch of a midrange spike from time to time. Every...
Hah, yeah I thought I remembered seeing someone (you) mention they work very well with the A91. Actually the UE900 tips have been probably my biggest go-to for any brand/manufacturer. They seem to be the one choice that works almost all the time. I should probably buy some more before they are discontinued, if UE decides to do that.Damn the A91 just makes one get sucked into whatever music being listened to... good recording or bad. I think it has probably the best...
I just got in a pair of the A91 Sirius today. After a bit of tip rolling, I've landed on the kind which really seem to let the A91 shine best, and help with the shallow fit (the UE900 replacement single flange silicones). With these tips, and no burn in, I'm enjoying what I hear right out of the box. The tonality is very good, no boxiness or thinness, and the treble is decently extended and layered. This is my first pair of Fidue IEMs, and so far I'm pretty impressed. I...
  Selling my Adel U12, with still fairly minimal hours. It's in near perfect condition cosmetically, and functions as new from the factory (with some burn in/usage time of course). It comes with all original accessories, protective case, and packaging.  Price includes Paypal / shipping for continental US only.       **SOLD**     **Pics to follow soon**