Posts by kofk

P.M. sent
PAYMENT SENT.
PM SENT.
 sold to PTom       Thank you to everyone expressing an interest in these. I am sorry if i did not manage to e-mail everyone a reply, as you can imagine there has been a lot of interest in these.    Should the sale fall through then the next on the list will be offered them.   Many thanks.
SOLD---SOLD   my T1's. I am the second owner and have owned them for approx 18 months. They are in perfect working order and cosmetically very good apart from there being a small rip in one of the velor pads which is approx 15mm long (see picture).     £360....including royal mail/ parcel-force insured delivery.
Of course i did. I guess sound quality is a very personal thing. I have used the dx50 with ALL my headphones both amped and un-amped and find the hm601 to just sound much nicer. Wether this is because it uses a NOS dac i dont really know. What i did find the dx50 to have is lots of power to drive any headphone i plugged into it.    When i first got my Sansa Fuze i thought it sounded pretty average, however as soon as i installed Rockbox it changed into a much nicer player....
I think you have hit the nail on the head. The nicest sound i have experienced (dac wise) is from the metrum acoustics octave. I have listened to quite a few and owned a few different dac's and the octave to my ears is my preference. Still i want to give the dx50 a chance, i shall hold onto it and wait for a couple more firmware revisions. As some folk have mentioned in this thread that the sound has actually changed from one firmware revision to the next. Perhaps the next...
I had heard about this dx50 for some time but resisted purchasing one until i was sure that all the little niggles were ironed out. I kept on however hearing all these positive comments regarding it's music playing capabilities. I thought to myself this dx50 must be really something i think i need to purchase one and see what all the fuss is about.   For sure any new portable hi-rez music player will have it's share of problems with early firmware, and i expected that now...
Oh dear, i just received my dx50 today and boy am i dissapointed. I was seriously expecting it to be an upgrade over my hm601 but the hm601 stomps all over it, and what's with the eq? it does not work!! god i thought it would have been fixed in the latest firmware but no it has not. This shall be going into a drawer until they can sort the firmware out.
Thanks for the heads up. I briefly listened to a pair of TH900's driven by one and i wasn't as impressed as the HP-A8/TH900 combo, so i cant see me liking it with the TH-600's. Unfortunately the HP-A8 is a bit too steep, besides i really only need an amp as i am very happy with the Metrum Octave.