Posts by kofk

I had the above setup a while ago and it was EXCELLENT!!   $1050 INCLUDING pay/pal and local shipping!! i would say this IS the DEAL of the day.      Best of luck with the sale.
P.M. sent
PAYMENT SENT.
PM SENT.
 sold to PTom       Thank you to everyone expressing an interest in these. I am sorry if i did not manage to e-mail everyone a reply, as you can imagine there has been a lot of interest in these.    Should the sale fall through then the next on the list will be offered them.   Many thanks.
SOLD---SOLD   my T1's. I am the second owner and have owned them for approx 18 months. They are in perfect working order and cosmetically very good apart from there being a small rip in one of the velor pads which is approx 15mm long (see picture).     £360....including royal mail/ parcel-force insured delivery.
Of course i did. I guess sound quality is a very personal thing. I have used the dx50 with ALL my headphones both amped and un-amped and find the hm601 to just sound much nicer. Wether this is because it uses a NOS dac i dont really know. What i did find the dx50 to have is lots of power to drive any headphone i plugged into it.    When i first got my Sansa Fuze i thought it sounded pretty average, however as soon as i installed Rockbox it changed into a much nicer player....
I think you have hit the nail on the head. The nicest sound i have experienced (dac wise) is from the metrum acoustics octave. I have listened to quite a few and owned a few different dac's and the octave to my ears is my preference. Still i want to give the dx50 a chance, i shall hold onto it and wait for a couple more firmware revisions. As some folk have mentioned in this thread that the sound has actually changed from one firmware revision to the next. Perhaps the next...
I had heard about this dx50 for some time but resisted purchasing one until i was sure that all the little niggles were ironed out. I kept on however hearing all these positive comments regarding it's music playing capabilities. I thought to myself this dx50 must be really something i think i need to purchase one and see what all the fuss is about.   For sure any new portable hi-rez music player will have it's share of problems with early firmware, and i expected that now...
Oh dear, i just received my dx50 today and boy am i dissapointed. I was seriously expecting it to be an upgrade over my hm601 but the hm601 stomps all over it, and what's with the eq? it does not work!! god i thought it would have been fixed in the latest firmware but no it has not. This shall be going into a drawer until they can sort the firmware out.