Posts by Sonichedgehog360

That is why I am hoping for a loaner sample review unit from a local distributor. They seemed impressed when I called and explained my background. I will try it but no way in this world will I ever pay $1500 for headphones, ever--end of story. Fortunately, the distributor representatives don't know me by my web alias since I will be posting my review on a separate web site, but that's another story.
 (You may or may not get this one. This is real retro stuff here.)
I already know that Guttenberg and WHAT HIFI! aren't exactly the first names which come to mind in headphilia, but they work for me when drawing comparisons and more specifically looking for a consensus among polar mindsets. I certainly do not care for the subjective first, let the rest come out in the wash viewpoint Guttenberg seems to swear by, especially when it comes to Grado Labs which, in my mind, is overpriced and overrated. On occasion, however, he has given good...
I believe and follow the train of thought that a solid general opinion can be formed on any headphone once about five reliable Head-Fi users and three online review sites, like Innerfidelity, CNET, and WHAT HIFI, have formally reviewed it. That holds true for me with the AKG K812 as well so anything else is really hearsay or straight-up rumors until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth. Put in perspective, we have had perhaps two user reviews so far and only vague...
lol... typical tdockweiler humor. Good one!
Y-E-S! If the AKGs do sound like this, I hope Tyll makes another one of these videos. When I see this, it makes me real happy deep down to know that Tyll has the guts despite his close connections to the industry to appropriately diss a crappy pair of headphones. Tyll, if this new AKG model has any flaws whatsoever, tear it to shreds, mercilessly, down to the core, in your review!  
^This. If Harmon and its subsidiary AKG were able to take their audio research and somehow meld it with all the past successes of others, good for them. Why reinvent the wheel and, in turn, the axle, the motor, the drive train and the ABS brakes, when everyone else already gave enough blood, sweat and tears for it? I hate when companies are dead set on being different just for the case of being different and then fail miserably or perform with mediocrity. However, I got to...
I can somewhat, even though it is several months since you posted. The exhibit had a binaural, rainforest audio recording. It was located in a back room of the building Rafiki's Planet Watch. Sadly, I do not have a copy of the audio and never did. Your best bet would be to contact the Disney World itself. Actually, I often have a lot of success calling people. I have called corporations and businesses, including many of the audio companies talked about here, and talked to...
Payment sent!
PM sent!