Posts by Sonichedgehog360

I am in the position of reconsidering the Q701 but only under the condition that, when modded, it sound better than the K712. My observations are that the K712 appears to be the best sub $1000 all-arounder of the dynamic headphones from all accounts and reviews given on Head-Fi lately. I am just looking for confirmation from some of you guys who have one since a store, you know, would not take too kindly to me modding their demo unit.   If the logic follows that I could...
Speaking of the AKG K812 and Tyll, here is the turkey tidbit hidden in-between the stuffing and gravy of Innerfidelity's Thanksgiving newsletter:Get the full helping here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-november-2013-update
Thanks for clarifying. That is why things seemed and looked a bit off in Electri-Q after performing the Q to BW conversions. This seems to have fixed things a bit.   I have done some more serious, reflective listening to the Tascam TH-02 to avoid any placebo or listening bias. It has become apparent despite my hopes that the Tascam TH-02 has some sort of housing resonance that do not register in Innerfidelity's distortion graphs. This problematic resonance can be...
 That's what I have been beginning to discover in experimenting between Rockbox's EQ (Q-measured) and Electri-Q (BW-measured).  I will apply your Q recommendation of 1.4 and see how that turns out. Thanks! And for those who aren't aware, this site is useful for on-the-fly Q to BW factor conversions.
I was a missionary in Brazil from 2010 to 2012, so that would make me a bit younger. hehe During my time there, Luan Santana and Paula Fernandes (sertanejo) were in the spotlight of the Brazilian populace. I am still keeping my eye on the Brazilian music scene and right now Annita (funk) has taken the country by storm. I do know of some music from Brazil's other key genres like MPB, samba and (sadly) arrocha.
Have you found a better EQ since you posted this? For as small of a change that it is, this seems to make a big improvement to the overall tone and presentation. Thanks! EDIT: After some fiddling with the settings on my Sansa Zip Clip, I admit that I like the treble slightly boosted by 2 or 3 dB. I need a slight party-like sound, but not to Grado's treble-boosted extremes. In many ways, I am now tending to believe that I will prefer this EQ'd Tascam over my SRH940 I will...
Mighty eclectic, I am!  I do listen to a bit of everything, and that is only a small portion of some of those things. I happen to listen to Legião Urbana because I lived and worked in Brazil as a missionary a while ago and was recommended their music by a native Brazilian. I love the several albums I have and probably will complete that collection as the years go on. How did you come to like Legião Urbana? Are you native Brazilian, a Brazilian aficionado, or, by chance,...
Some quick comparison tracks between my Superlux and the Tascam: First, in the special compendium album Burt Bacharach - "Something Big." In "Reach Out for Me," the first female vocal entry has actually plenty of air and is very neutral and natural and there is decent soundstaging and placement of those vocals in the left channel. In "I Say a Little Prayer," the very, very, barely noticeable vocals in the left channel behind the calliope are actually noticeable and still...
My impressions after a couple hours of burn-in and more listening: It doesn't have a lot of obvious shimmer like most headphones, but the details are certainly there and actually a bit more of it after listening more closely. Now, it is much easier for me to pick up on subtle trickles and tings in the background and the hiss in recordings, though the headphone's frequency response doesn't seem to be the main reason. I would wager that this immediate access to more...
I actually am on a crusade of trying to learn to competently use Tyll's graphs. The graphs certainly look awesome enough, but I am a bit skeptical of how they work. With normal purchases above $50, it is my personal rule to always try before buying. In a cheap way, this headphone was a quick reminder to me of why I made that rule.