Posts by Hifihedgehog

Just a semi-weekly reminder that the amazingly detailed and balanced Audeo Phonak PFE 022 and 012 at Earphone Solutions are still on sale for $39.60 using the discount code AU50. If you want to try the other black and gray filters, the green filters have the filter changing tool, which are also discounted and, in fact, the only filters that are discounted. You can get these filters and earphones by visiting the link below:http://www.earphonesolutions.com/audeo-phonak.html
I very much agree with this comparison's conclusions on these IEM's. No offense to anyone here, but I find it more accurate than some of ljokerl's conclusions, as much as he has generously supplied a tremendous record amount of knowledge on IEM's to the community at large. Personally, I have found some of ljokerl's conclusions have been swayed by price bias. Still, I do use his guide--quite regularly, in fact--but just like Innerfidelity, I read it knowing their is some...
Just so everyone is aware, I experienced my first cable failure with first pair of PFE 022's. I retested it on different devices, cleaned the plug's contacts... no dice. Fortunately, it was only the button and microphone that were affected--the sound, though temporarily affected, is back to normal. Earphone Solutions was kind enough to send another pair free of charge. So I have three pairs now. Should I go for a fourth... lol! The first one is just kind of annoying...
Sorry for not getting back earlier to reply about filters. You can get them cheapest from Earphone Solutions. Just go to the Audeo Earphones by Phonak section and pick your poison. If you have basshead tendencies, get the blacks. I haven't heard them but that seems to be the consensus. If you like clarity and neutrality (self included!) which judging by your fondness towards Etymotic seems to be the case, get the grays. You also will need to get the greens in either case...
The deal is still going, with only three left now!https://www.buysonic.com/products/sennheiser-hd800-hd650/
That's a superb deal. You could potentially buy both and resell them for a profit. Or keep them and never upgrade again until the Summit-Fi bug bites really hard and the thought of the HE-1000 can no longer seem to be shaken from your mind.
I have to admit. As much as I dislike the ER-6i, I like it more than Shure's offerings. The lower models are muffled and dark and the SE-535 is just way too warm. I consider the ER-6i a lesser evil--too bright, but not as bright as Shure's are dark. Audeo is like that perfect happy medium, that do-it-all, pair-of-headphones-for-all-seasons that sounds fantastic with anything you play through it.
Ah, when the dealsĀ usedĀ to be really good...
You can get the changing tool with green filters. The super awesome discount code AU50 also works on those. That way, it will only cost you the bargain price of $7.99. Good luck in getting it and happy listening!
You just restated how I felt during my ER-6i demo experience. So boring I might as well watch paint dry. The root cause of the conundrum? Nada of treble air to speak of, zero bass punch and such a bright upper midrange and lower treble that it would make a K701 sound tame in that sonic region. I would take a $20 Creative EP-630 over it any day of the week.