Posts by Hifihedgehog

I agree that there should be a 256 GB option and two 2 SD card slots on the device. It may take some work to make it happen. But as I said earlier, 256 GB SD cards are around $100. With two 256 GB cards inserted and 256 GB of onboard storage for a total of 768 GB in their Explorer X1's, Head-Fi'ers could easily carry their entire libraries in lossless format on the road with them. Nothing ever this small and this self-contained could provide so much versatility: computer...
You could reject the package if it's straight from Amazon themselves and get a full refund and buy this in the meantime. For almost 300 bones difference, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That's the price of one Sennheiser HD600, a nice midrange amp or a thick stack of CDs and vinyl.
That is my stance on the matter as well. While I did get a nice, very slight boost of clean-ness and clarity with amp and dac upgrades, like the O2 and ODAC, it is so slight that most people would not notice or really care, and I can get very, very close just plugging into my Surface Pro 2's headphone jack. Speaking of electronic crap, some electronics may have low distortion but very low driving capability. I have tried to run my HD 600's off my Samsung Galaxy S4, which...
Because of another user's post in the deals thread and to clarify for subbed Head-Fi'ers, I did someone backtracking and noted the previous TH900 deals throughout the deals thread. If I am not mistaken, this IS the lowest price there has ever been for a completely new TH900 from an authorized retailer. Heck, this even tops a couple open-box deals I saw while searching back through the deals thread!
Just as a recap and to clarify what was said for wondering minds, what hotdogseller is referring to is the following, citing other previous posts over the last few months in the thread:  To be brief, this is the lowest price I have seen so far for the Fostex TH900, $20 lower than what HeadRoom apparently had with a special $250 discount code some weeks back and $20 less than the Massdrop deal that was on recently. Can anyone concur or has found something different?
I thought potential owners would absolutely love to see this. Run, don't walk, to HeadRoom, and take advantage of the 20% off site-wide sale combined with this current sale before the weekend's time runs out...    FYI, here's the code: HRNEWS20  
So, someone mentioned the HeadRoom site-wide 20% off deal is combinable with all current sales. If I were an affluent puma in the darkness of night on the prowl, I'd pounce on this steal of a deal like it was life or death!  
I'm still doing some further testing with tools and songs that I specifically know how they should sound like. I am amazed by the bass tightness and depth. It still reaches to the 20 to 30 Hz range, no sweat, when I ran some test tones, just no bloom in the 100 to 200 Hz range anymore. It seems to line up dead-on with the midrange. Using the track Boss: Shut Up Faker from the official soundtrack for Sonic Adventure 2, which I can use to detect bass bloom (HD 650) or lack...
The one and only difference in the sound you'll hear is from the pads, especially if you have a melon-sized head that shmushes the pad down 'til they're disintegrated in no time. Previously, I posted a link where a foreign headphone enthusiast tested a 5 to 7 dB decrease in treble from worn pads. To illustrate, here's the graph and image from the site. Imagine who was in that boat and did not realize it? Yours truly. It was, in my honest opinion, a bigger difference in...
Wow, I didn't see that coming, especially from HeadRoom which typically prices near MSRP and has limited sales. Enjoy this holiday post-holiday deal while you can!