Posts by Hifihedgehog

Maybe not those exact models, but maybe new models with the same technology at lower prices. That's the hope with any new technology--that it will get cheaper and better as time goes on.
I couldn't agree more. Even though the HD800 has sold over 10,000 units, I think Sennheiser is starting to see slowing sales from the growing competition of HiFiMAN (HE-560, HE-1000) and Audeze (EL-8, LCD-3) in the Hi-Fi and Summit-Fi price sectors and Beyerdynamic (Custom One Pro) and AKG (Q 701) in the Mid-Fi sectors. And I think that is a good thing. The HD 800 technology has been milked for what is worth long enough. It's high time we see that sort of technology in...
  Day one is done and progress for my first PIMETA V1 board is coming along quite nice. Excluding a few parts here and there, I was able to solder on all the resistors, capacitors, sockets and ICs. It is likely impossible to make out on the board, but those op-amps are OPA627's, nestled securely in their sockets and ready to bring the house down! I also have some AD797's, AD8620's and AD843's on standby for some fun op-amp rolling! Not shown are the buffers,...
Hey @tangent! Just as a quick sanity check, if I were setting up a unity gain loop in a Pimeta-V1 board, I obviously would leave out R3 and jumper R4 in the LR (or left and right) channels. But as for the ground channel, if my R1 were 3.3 KΩ in the LR channels, R1 and R4 in the G (or ground) channel would be 3.3 KΩ as well and R3 would remain open, correct?
Yes, oh, yes. Scarcely mention distortion or noise and vinyl records or resistors in the same breath and you may become this furry guy's midnight snack. As in, ohm, ohm, ohm... *gulp* *licks lips* Moral of the story: treat this master ohm guard dog with care and kindness and it will stay ohm, sweet, ohm. You have been warned.   The funniest thing happened today. Today, my circuits class began building the power supply portion for their speaker amplifiers. With excitement,...
I also highly recommend Hifi Shark for finding low prices on used, open box and refurbished products that are sold on auction sites and forum trading sections (including Head-Fi, which Hifishark's system scans through regularly): http://www.hifishark.com/
*Drum roll* First off, a huge thanks to Tangent for releasing the board designs. Without a doubt, I cannot thank you enough for this and all your numerous contributions to the world of audio and electronics. Just minutes ago, I got my 10 Pimeta V1 boards in from Maker Studio, neatly and nicely packaged with all the goods. Call me overwhelmingly impressed. For 10 PCBs at around $17 shipped, this is the bargain bin deal of the decade for electronic hobbyists and audio...
AccessoryJack is a legit company based out of Hong Kong but is an unauthorized dealer for most/all of their products. This means there is no warranty, so keep that in mind. http://www.head-fi.org/t/584835/is-accessoryjack-com-a-legit-site
As of me quoting and reporting it, this deal is also still active.
I should just buy a pair and resell it. People on eBay are willing to pay $300 for these NIB.