or Connect

Posts by Hifihedgehog

I am getting roughly 24 mV offset from opamp ground output to output ground. Now, for the strange thing. It is the same result regardless of the buffer stack I place there. I also measured -30 mV offset from the opamp. The opamp appears to be overcompensating, and it does this, again, regardless of the opamp being used. Thoughts? I'm near agony and bewilderment. jk. Seriously, this is rather puzzling. EDIT: From what I am reading around the web, if all it is is only...
  Thanks. Already seen and duly noted. As mentioned, I have this issue with any op-amp in the ground channel, be it an OPA134 or OPA634 or an AD843 or AD823, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.  
I have found a problem with DC offset in my PIMETA V1's ground channel, and would like some feedback and suggestions. I am measuring 5 mV DC offset from input ground to output ground. Unlike offset of this magnitude in the left or right channels which would be acceptable, apparently, this amount of offset is not acceptable here. See here: http://tangentsoft.net/audio/trouble.html#loudclick (Out of curiosity, why would that be?) I looked at my ground channel where there is...
I may have left a while back, but I am still curious about the T90's, especially since I can't find a place to demo them in my neck of the woods. However, I have not left a stone unturned and, as such, I will be demoing most of the HiFiMAN line and the Abyss in a few weeks from now. To dive into the heart of my question at hand, just how painfully sibilant is the T90 with the vocals in this song? I personally use it as a litmus test for treble brutality since it comes...
^This. The new X3 can be a USB master device. Said differently, you can plug in hard drives or flash drives into the X3 and listen to music without any computer at all. Essentially, anything that can operate as a USB mass storage device will show up on the new X3. You can have all your favorite compatible music files played off of the new X3 externally without a hitch or any hiccups.
USB on-the-go.
Quick question: Is there a low noise and ripple battery board design online that I could use to charge 9V batteries with a wall wart? I have the older PIMETA V1 and I am very much interested in a charging board so I can just plop in the batteries and never have to switch or replace them every 3 hours. I have quad-stacked BUF634 buffer stages which makes battery life very, very short.   I must say, by the way, that the sound quality is nothing short of spectacular! With...
Sorry for the triple and quadruple posts. I am currently listening to my stash of op-amps and I must say, op-amp rolling is no myth. Quite far from it, as a matter of fact, and I can finally confirm all the good things and the bad things that people say about these individual parts, and put in my two cents as well. After rolling a few of them, here is a ranking of some op-amps. 1. AD797ANZ: The last word in detail, balance and energy; The AD797 takes things to a whole...
The headphone amp monster lives!
What you just related back is the state of the audiophile market, there specifically about what I refer to as the "in-between" ($500 to $1000) market sandwiched between the Hi-Fi ($200 to $500) and Summit-Fi ($1000+) markets. As much as I would want our niche audiophile market to drive the headphone market at large, it just never will--it's too far out of the reach of the average consumer. Our niche brands represent maybe 0.1 to 1% of the headphone market at large and...