or Connect

Posts by Hifihedgehog

I see you have Beyer T1's so you might very well like them. @Zombie_X who is our resident Beyer connoisseur got a pair of them not too long ago and gushed over them and he's heard plenty of headphones:http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more From the HD 700 Impressions thread:http://www.head-fi.org/t/612502/sennheiser-hd-700-impressions-thread/4455#post_11762649
Excellent point. That would have applied to me. If I were any of you, I would wait for Amazon 3rd party sellers to price match because, like Amazon themselves, they do not charge sales tax unless they have a physical presence in your state. And if the 3rd party seller has a "Fulfillment by Amazon" option, you get Prime shipping speed and Amazon's excellent money back guarantee return policy, also without sales tax unless the 3rd party seller is in your state.
Breaking news! Amazon just price matched Sonic Electronix's price for the HD 700. The current price for them is now $429.95.http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-700-Headphone-Black/dp/B0070U8KSM
  Wait?! You're back already? It hadn't been but about 18 minutes after you declared your miraculous recovery from headphoneous upgraditis. Did I miss something? ;)  
I know it's Amazon. I also included 3rd party sellers on there. Amazon's price history is usually a good guage of prices everywhere online.
Hopefully, they do. As is, this would not work for someone who has a DUNU DN-2000J or similar. That earphone has an impedance of about 8 ohms, and in some places of its frequency response, it is even lower. I am not placing an order until they get the output impedance confirmed as being 1 ohm or below.
Yeah, I wish I knew as well. The quickest thing to see is that something in the time domain will change. I remember reading an article where it explained something about this. All sound travels at the same speed but at certain wavelengths it enters the ear more quickly due to how long the sound wave is. Something else to look at is the quality of the sound waves. When the sound hits the outer ear in parallel to it instead of indirectly, there may be better chaneling of the...
 Probably not, actually. The lowest price of all-time for an HD 600 on Amazon was $238.30 (via camelcamelcamel) from third-party sellers and that was clear back in 2009. I would wager to guess this is the best you will find this year. Maybe the Sennheiser MAP hikes are finally reversing? And maybe, on the extreme end of things, the HD 800 will come down a tad more in price, like down to $999?
That is all on point, and I agree, and hearing about Mullins makes me happy! :) And no worries: I don't play the loyalties game. And I'm not the one to judge someone about the brands they like. Sometimes, we buy what we like, not just for the numbers, but for the feelings. I bought AMD in the past and I was very proud of my system. It was an Athlon 64 X2 with a Radeon X1950 video card. Man, does that bring back sweet memories. I also hope that AMD will make a comeback...