or Connect

Posts by Hifihedgehog

Wait?! You're back already? It hadn't been but about 18 minutes after you declared your miraculous recovery from headphoneous upgraditis. Did I miss something? ;)  
I know it's Amazon. I also included 3rd party sellers on there. Amazon's price history is usually a good guage of prices everywhere online.
Hopefully, they do. As is, this would not work for someone who has a DUNU DN-2000J or similar. That earphone has an impedance of about 8 ohms, and in some places of its frequency response, it is even lower. I am not placing an order until they get the output impedance confirmed as being 1 ohm or below.
Yeah, I wish I knew as well. The quickest thing to see is that something in the time domain will change. I remember reading an article where it explained something about this. All sound travels at the same speed but at certain wavelengths it enters the ear more quickly due to how long the sound wave is. Something else to look at is the quality of the sound waves. When the sound hits the outer ear in parallel to it instead of indirectly, there may be better chaneling of the...

Probably not, actually. The lowest price of all-time for an HD 600 on Amazon was $238.30 (via camelcamelcamel) from third-party sellers and that was clear back in 2009. I would wager to guess this is the best you will find this year. Maybe the Sennheiser MAP hikes are finally reversing? And maybe, on the extreme end of things, the HD 800 will come down a tad more in price, like down to $999?
That is all on point, and I agree, and hearing about Mullins makes me happy! :) And no worries: I don't play the loyalties game. And I'm not the one to judge someone about the brands they like. Sometimes, we buy what we like, not just for the numbers, but for the feelings. I bought AMD in the past and I was very proud of my system. It was an Athlon 64 X2 with a Radeon X1950 video card. Man, does that bring back sweet memories. I also hope that AMD will make a comeback...
I do prefer the things it brings to table for lower volume listening. It is downright unsafe to listen over 80 decibels for extended periods. The frequency curve with its slight smile I think helps sound elements fall right into place at those volumes. There is something very unique to angled drivers that gives a heightened sense of immersion. I think it has something to do with the way the soundwaves are absorbed and deflected by the outer ear. For me, I compare it to...
Once AMD CPUs can also use a third of the power and perform on par with Intel, then I will mention AMD. Right now, processing power per watt, AMD is the CPU equivalent of a Hummer with the CPU strength of a family sedan. Said differently, Intel Atom chips sipping 4.5 watts are almost in line with the performance of AMD chips guzzling 15 watts. And Core M at 4.5 watts operates faster than AMD chips using 19 watts. It makes me wonder how AMD is still in business with all the...
and bows out