Posts by Hifihedgehog

One last follow up. Is there a greater or lesser sense of treble air above 10 KHz with the T1 1st Gen versus the HD 800? One common complaint I have about Sennheisers in general is the lack of uppermost treble or air. My DT 880-600 does great in this regard, which I can hardly say of the HD 600. It has been two long years since I listened to the HD 800 and I am trying hard to aurally remember them as the responses I wrote in the previous posts have faded mostly into...
So to get back to the crux and main reason for this whole conversation, would you say the HD 800 is more colored than the T1, given the T1 is more organic in your own words?
I totally agree with the idea of avoiding the pitfall of denial and not giving excuses for a piece of equipment if it does not meet certain expectations. For this reason, the HD 600 was the one headphone that had the shortest term of ownership versus all others that I ever had which I promptly sold within two weeks. It was also the one that got the most negative responses from the people I shared it with, the most common response being it was boring and sounded muffled...
A clear window to the sound will produce the appropriate, precise rendering to the sound.As a result, listening to Keane and listening to Arne Domnerus will not be the same.Listening critically and listening for relaxing will not be the same.Listening loudly and listening at low levels will not be the same.Why? A precise audio system will vary accordingly to match the source. Here is an example from my own observations with headphones that summarizes what I have found...
Are you joking? :P See the link. It might break some of the long-repeated pieces of advice that you are sharing that are not necessarily true. There is some truth to what you are saying about people owning multiple headphones in their headphone "stable" for certain uses, such as less treble, more bass and so on. But many have their older pair for the simple reason because it was the very first serious pair they bought in the hobby and they are holding onto it for...
I agree, CBonUK. The line of reasoning that Me x3 just shared is the old flawed headphone designer line of thought from the 90s and early 00s when the HD6xx was in its heyday. As a matter of fact, what he shared is almost exactly word for word from HeadRoom's late written explanation on how to interpret their graphing system. I was expecting him to share some experiences he had with real people but it appears he does not have any on-the-ground experience with these...
Thank you. Here are some follow-up questions. My reviews will be directed more towards the general population and not necessarily enthusiasts. If I were to present both of these two headphones, the T1 1st Gen and HD 800, to an average person, which one would they typically prefer over the other and why? The musicality, naturalness and versatility of the T1 or the wider soundstage, frequency extension and detail retrieval of the HD 800? In your experience, have you ever had...
It has been a long time since I demoed the HD 800 and I am far removed from anywhere that has them or the T1 out for demoing. If I like the sound of Beyerdynamic DT 880-600s, would the T1 or the HD 800 be a decent jump in performance for things like details and soundstage? I am looking at the headphone I would use as a reference model for a review site I am launching and I am trying to figure out if either would be worth the jump. I like the DT 880-600's more than anything...
Creative Labs sells the Sound Blaster X7, which from what I understand is an excellent two-in-one headphone and speaker amplifier system. It measures extremely well and could serve dual roles as both an amplifier for your speakers as well as your headphones. From time to time, it has gone on sale for as low as $299 which is an absolute bargain considering the performance and featureset it crams into a single unified enclosure.Forum...
[[SPOILER]]