Posts by Hifihedgehog

I have been in those scenarios as well when I worked in the hotel business with a seedy crowd and, to be honest, I still don't judge people by other people's behavior. I judge people at face value and let their track record tell the full story and leave the rest to old-fashioned honesty and self-respect that is still evident in society. He may have used the wrong words, he may have not used the logically correct words to course correct from a textbook standpoint, but I...
Thank you for taking the time to point this out for everyone's benefit. Lately, I haven't been following Sonic Electronix too closely for headphone purchases so I would not have picked up on that detail. I take it that it is the same usual sales tactical most stores use year-round--a sale on a marked up product that is actually its normal, everyday price to begin with.
Not to be spammy and all, but, a day or so ago, I mentioned my experience with my ear pads detrimentally affecting the sound quality. They were about as flat as the pictures on the webpage I linked. Can anyone attest to this?   Also, does anyone have experience refilling their ear pads with memory foam? I want to do this mod and I just want to be sure I do it right, being aware of any gotchas or hidden steps that need mentioning before I go in head first.    
Exactly this. Most people who aren't in a technical career would think the same things. As an engineer, I can tell you that most parts that come in military spec and in consumer forms are, for all intents and purposes, the same. Seat the best audiophiles down in a room and ask them to differentiate between a military spec part and a consumer part and they will not be able to confidently tell the two apart. It was an honest mistake. Let's let bygones be bygones, make up and...
Of course, I won't be buying it until a third party reviewer tests and measures it to verify the claims--I have to see how much of a noticeable difference it will make versus my current setup. As for your spiel, you have to look beyond what he was saying, between the lines. Sometimes, people say things they don't mean to say or that was meant to be taken in another context. In fact, when he said hyperbolize, he likely was just trying to say he over-exaggerated to the point...
Sonic Electronix's, the parent company of BuySonic, is having a huge closeout sale--so much that I can't list all of it even! It can be found here:   http://www.sonicelectronix.com/landing/specials/2015/sonic-closeout/#group4
Just to clarify for everyone reading through the thread because misunderstandings seem to be arising here, that is 489 mV, not mW, that the Clip+ can output. Its mW output, on the other hand, is much, much less, on the order of 15 mW at best. Perfect for IEM's, but paltry for full-sized, high-impedance headphones and low-impedance, high current models like HiFiMAN and AKG. Check the source you referred to, where it says, "Maximum Output: About 15 mW--higher than average."...
@Stillhart: Dude, why the post on Innerfidelity? Gilly did not lie. I admit, I don't know him in the offline world, but what I've seen him write my whole time here is what he firmly believes in and it's sincerely to help people, with no angle and no strings attached. Give him the benefit of the doubt. It was an honest mistake. Like he said, he doesn't fully grasp the underlying technical aspects, more the basic overall feature set. 
Congratulations for making the front page of Innerfidelity!    http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2015-echobox-explorer-x1-portable-media-player-and-finder-x1-ear-phones  
I hope I don't come off as harshly critical like the one we know as Voldemort here in asking this, but will there be any measurements released? As an engineering student, I would love to see how this stacks up in the raw benchmarks to the competition and good numbers would seal the deal for me.