or Connect

Posts by Hifihedgehog

Thank you for the reply. I respect your advice as a Head-Fi'er and always carefully read your reviews in their entirety. I appreciate you offering unique, valuable insight in this discussion.True, having a CSD is optimal whenever you want a fuller understanding of the driver's behavior, of its frequency response levels over time, or, in other words, decay. The truth be told, many of the CSD's I have seen online, as sincerely admirable of an effort that they are, are...
That's okay. I honestly don't have the time to thoroughly annotate and highlight the differences in the frequency response curves as I would like for everyone's benefit. But since you are insistent in your replies, I will forgo putting up graphs and just textually explain where I am coming from.The key positive aspects of the DN-1000 and DN-2000's frequency response curves are: (1) clarity resulting from a neutral mid-treble response from 7 to 10 KHz; and (2) compared to...
Different strokes for different folks. In my experience, graphs do tell a lot about what is going on and what should be a general improvement. Likewise, someone can look for certain characteristics in a graph and recognize when a headphone's characteristics fall more in line with their preferences. I will concede and say I do agree that headphones are ultimately a taste thing so someone may not like even what is generally considered an improvement or culmination of...
Yes... why the question?
What I said was the DN-2000J appears in the graphs to take strengths from all the models before it, including the DN-1000. I cannot stand by this statement with certainty since I have not listened to the upper models for myself. However, I have found Tyll's graphs at InnerFidelity to be very telling of the sound quality of all the other headphones I have tried. So, I am relatively sure that the DN-2000J would combine the strengths of all the others (DN-1000, DN-2000 and...
Anyone bite the bullet yet and get the TITAN 1ES?
It's good to hear the connection issues are largely manufacturer dependent. Otherwise, I would have been a bit worried that DUNU might have messed a little too much with the ingredients in their sauce. ​Though I always go into new changes like this with a fair dose of objectivism and my eyes wide open, I have a feeling that DUNU, given their track record, will have all their ducks in a row. We will see soon enough, of course, if this pattern of consistency continues and so...
Quite the impressive line-up you have there, Vivian--one poised to shake things up further in the market. With the unprecedented success in its wake, DUNU is definitely not letting the grass grow under its feet.   Now, for a few of us to get some head time with the new models in question and for Tyll at InnerFidelity to get some to graph!
I see you own the DN-2000J and the TITAN 1. Are you​ saying you prefer the TITAN 1 even still? How so? (If so, wow!) I usually don't have loads of cash on hand for headphone purchases so this dialogue would be helpful indeed and greatly appreciated. My understanding or assumption is Vivian (she was responsible for tickets, per the website) is attending the Bejing International Hi-Fi Exhibition to showcase the newly updated Dunu line of products. It just ended on the 20th,...
Hear, hear! I saw the plot of the DN-2000J, though, which does not have the roll-off in the extreme highs that its two predecessors have. I have to have the clarity in the 10 KHz and up region or it's not crisp and clear and rockin' and fun for me. (The AKG K701, believe it or not, has a roll-off in the extreme highs that caused the same problem, the same dullness and boredom, for me.) The TITAN 1 has more 10 KHz and up presence than the original DN-1000 and 2000. With the...