Posts by Hifihedgehog

Wow, if the legendary Mike Mercer, who I respect, trust in and agree with often for reviews, says he loves these more than the DT 880, I think I am headed in the right direction with these cans. My pair is already en route for delivery tomorrow. I have heard a boatload of headphones and though I won't have them available for my quick review of these Pioneers, I will do my best to offer comparisons with the ones I have tried (including the HD 800, K812 and SRH1540!) as a...
So, in a way, "Sennheiser=Beats" in terms of brand and recognition, not hype and generally recognized sound quality. I really agree with that. I think I remember hearing that the serial numbers for factory fresh units is now over 30000, meaning that over 30,000 HD 800's have been sold so far. I would imagine if Sennheiser is making a $750 profit per headphone, that would put Sennheiser at $20,000,000+ profit so far disregarding research and development costs. That is quite...
Interesting! I realize it doesn't change your views, but it can educate the developing views of those reading. Let me follow up and add some clarifying remarks for those following this side conversation. "Vinyl wins everytime for me, given my ears, my room, and my system." As I emphasized earlier, sound preferences are the deciding factor for listening enjoyment, not graphs. Some people do not like sound to be as bright as it is in real life and others like it even...
+2 Because I do hope HiFiMAN prices this down at HD 800 levels, holding, in effect, Sennheiser's feet to the fire so they have to try something new and unexpected. Don't get me wrong: the HD 800 is incredibly detailed, but it's still not the quote-on-quote "last word in sonic perfection" its price tag or initial press release hype made it out to be.
Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite sub-$100 IEM? I'm looking into trying different headphones and I want to get my feet wet with IEMs since I have only limited experience with about 10 or less. Not to mention, over the last five years, the IEM market has exploded, which is why I want to hear what all the excitement is about.
I just did some background reading right now on these and found out that the PFE 022 is the PFE 121 with only green filters--same drivers as well as everything else being exactly the same. The problem with those green filters is they veil the sound, and even Tyll who is known for tending toward warmer sounding headphones says the green filters do that: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/phonak-aud%C3%A9o-perfect-fit-earphone-and-perfect-bass-earphone You could get some...
This makes me regret for not having demoed the HD 700 when I was at Sweetwater in Fort Wayne, Indiana, last summer. I just wanted to demo the HD 800 so much that I totally forgot about them. By the way, I can't wait to demo HiFiMAN's in Michigan! A fellow Michiganian forumer in the HE-1000 thread informed me that Overture Audio in Ann Arbor now carries HiFiMAN planar dynamics. Most people like me would not have known at all about this since their site still shows them only...
Never mind. I'll just buy some gray filters. (Hopefully, the PFE 022 comes with a fitting tool.) Problem solved!http://www.earphonesolutions.com/audeo-filters.html
And does this run of the PFE 022 come with the green or the gray filters? I don't want the green because I want more treble.
How long does this sale last? I want to get a PFE022 to replace my "terribad" stock Samsung Galaxy IEM's. But I won't be able to purchase until my next credit card billing cycle starting Monday.