Posts by Hifihedgehog

Just to have them returned again... and again... and again. It sounds like a very foolish management decision that is only bound to tarnish their image as a company. Why waste customers' time and your money shipping what needs to be returned to the manufacturer in the first place?
I have no issues with power supply noise or noise on the output when using IEM's even. I don't quite understand where you are coming from as far as the computer power supply is concerned unless you a suggesting a true dual supply with a real ground.
I hope my custom PIMETA is up to the task. It has an impressive two BUF634 quad buffer stacks on the left and right channels, equating to up to 1000 mA output capability, or 2.2 watts, per channel. Being the detail freak that I am that mustn't have any sonic stone left unturned, my current favorite setup is all AD797's on the left, right and ground channels. My second favorite is slightly the same, with the AD797 again on the ground channel but the minor alteration of...
Thanks guys! That was exactly what I was expecting, and this pretty much confirms my thoughts. I am pretty sure now I know which songs will and won't work on the T90 based on this one's performance. I may do some opamp rolling to get things to sound better. If I get or demo the T90, I have a bunch of OPA627s which smooth things over that may do the trick.
I would greatly appreciate your help. I have a strange issue where I am getting a slight offset in my ground channel of 5 mV. Anyone have any ideas? Details and discussion are found in the thread below: http://www.head-fi.org/t/419563/the-pimeta-v2-thread/600#post_11491025
I am getting roughly 24 mV offset from opamp ground output to output ground. Now, for the strange thing. It is the same result regardless of the buffer stack I place there. I also measured -30 mV offset from the opamp. The opamp appears to be overcompensating, and it does this, again, regardless of the opamp being used. Thoughts? I'm near agony and bewilderment. jk. Seriously, this is rather puzzling. EDIT: From what I am reading around the web, if all it is is only...
  Thanks. Already seen and duly noted. As mentioned, I have this issue with any op-amp in the ground channel, be it an OPA134 or OPA634 or an AD843 or AD823, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.  
I have found a problem with DC offset in my PIMETA V1's ground channel, and would like some feedback and suggestions. I am measuring 5 mV DC offset from input ground to output ground. Unlike offset of this magnitude in the left or right channels which would be acceptable, apparently, this amount of offset is not acceptable here. See here: http://tangentsoft.net/audio/trouble.html#loudclick (Out of curiosity, why would that be?) I looked at my ground channel where there is...
I may have left a while back, but I am still curious about the T90's, especially since I can't find a place to demo them in my neck of the woods. However, I have not left a stone unturned and, as such, I will be demoing most of the HiFiMAN line and the Abyss in a few weeks from now. To dive into the heart of my question at hand, just how painfully sibilant is the T90 with the vocals in this song? I personally use it as a litmus test for treble brutality since it comes...
^This. The new X3 can be a USB master device. Said differently, you can plug in hard drives or flash drives into the X3 and listen to music without any computer at all. Essentially, anything that can operate as a USB mass storage device will show up on the new X3. You can have all your favorite compatible music files played off of the new X3 externally without a hitch or any hiccups.