Posts by Hifihedgehog

Understood. If even a group buy ever happens, it will happen under your go ahead to respect your hard work for the community these many years. Speaking of creating something new and interesting on someone's own, I do have an idea of a more advanced DIY device I have been wanting to make for some time: a digital ADC-DAC interface and headphone amplfier combo with a digital crossfeed filter. I think the merits of crossfeed have been getting pushed under the rug lately...
I just ordered what appears to be the greatest deal in PCB fabrication history. I will post the pictures when my PIMETA V1 boards arrive. I ordered from Maker Studio which charges only $10 plus about $6 shipping and handling for ten 10x10cm boards. Insanely cheap but it is 100% legil. They seem to be the new benchmark for this price point. The only noted problem is just a very minor ~1mm offset in the silkscreens which is nothing big at all to worry about in projects like...
I would definitely be in on this. I would probably want a couple at least for op-amp swapping, gifting to friends and family and such. The storefront idea would actually be quite simple for me to pull off. I own a URL ( theheadphonehub.com ) that I have wanted to get off the ground for some time--originally for an ad-based headphone review site but listen here, I have an even better idea. Instead, I could set up a non-profit circuit board group buying and non-profit...
Here are the latest PIMETA V1, PPA V1 and PPA V2 Gerber files. Note that that PIMETA V1 files do not have an outline file because of a minor incompatibility in PDF2GERB with non-rectangular board shapes. Related to this, the PPA V1 and PPA V2 now have outline files. Let me know how they work. I will probably get some PIMETA V1 boards fabricated in the next few weeks.   http://1drv.ms/1AdMLid
Well, I was a bit trigger happy.  They are half-way right where they count. The PCB file, the important one, is right now with the socketed buffers and all but the schematic file isn't. 
Here are the Gerber files I just converted for the PPA V2 and the PIMETA V1. I inadvertently found out that the PPA V1 ExpressPCB files Tangent uploaded to his site are ones to the PPA V2. We will have to wait on those before I can convert them into Gerber files. As always, there is zero warranty and you risk life and limb all at your own expense. :)   PIMETA V1 Gerber files: http://1drv.ms/1CS4jOj PPA V2 Gerber files: http://1drv.ms/1LkwpYG
 About the board I had made: it is only 25 cents a square inch at my university shop, but there isn't any solder mask included with the service and the copper was etched on a bare minimum basis. My board still looks pretty darn cool, but I have one final thing to take care of. A new guy, green around the gills and fresh on-the-job, overcharged me and forgot to finish cutting the board. Like this:   Guess where I am heading early in the morning to get a few minor PCB and...
As I posted earlier, you can now get the board files for all of Tangent's projects, sans the PIMETA V2 due to its cost-prohibitive four-layer design. In other words, last I checked, the cheapest and most reliable service I could find for four-layer boards, ITEAD, required a minimum of 10 boards at $99 plus about $12 shipping and handling. And, from what I have been told, they do throw in two boards or so extra free of charge if you ask real nicely for it. So at this point,...
Which case exactly is this? It looks like a water resistant one I haven't seen before. I am actually using a V1 board for my next build because that is the only thing that is cost effective these days. That case there you are using would be about the right size for me if I ever wanted to go the buffer stacking route.
Remember to always read the fine print when making any purchases.     Never mind. Most of us are probably like Gonzo anyway when it comes to our headphone purchases.