Posts by Hifihedgehog

I actually noticed this springy sound while chewing gum with my headphones on today. My head must be slightly small enough or something that the headphone doesn't lie on the creaking point of the headband when worn.
I hope I don't offend you in saying this, but I'm so glad I didn't consider the Takstars upon finding out how much brighter they are in the linked review. I can only imagine how bright those things are in real life--like white hot sizzliness that drills through eardrums. The SE-A1000 is already brighter than the HD 600 (wonderful that it is brighter than this!) and HD 800 (just a itsy bitsy tad more than this is perfect!) but any more would be entering treble head levels...
Yes, the SE-A1000 is definitely better. Larger soundstage, more detailed, better build quality, more comfortable. It reminds me of a baby HD 800 (I have demoed it extensively) with Beyerdynamic tendencies and without the loathed DT 880 (I owned it) treble peak of death.  It is the epitome of an entertainment headphone--excellent treble detail, extremely slight u-shape sound and a very dynamic midrange. To exaggerate, it makes the DT 990 (I owned the Pro's and the Premium...
^He got it from there. Hope this helps! They are being discontinued, which really stinks since they are so flat and dynamic sounding. For people in the US and Canada, there is only a limited stock left at a slightly inflated price, ~$150. Having just purchased the SE-A1000 and having been a prior DT860 owner, I would say it isn't really worth it. Still, bear in mind that I consider the DT860 better than other Mid-Fi headphones (Q701, HD598, SRH940), so either one is a safe...
 This is what I was talking about earlier. Some deals only work through special links. As someone else said, I noticed the other deal for Focuscamera didn't need a non-direct link to work. This one requires it. That is an insanely good deal, by the way. Enjoy!
I believe that is the lowest price this year for new HD 600's. As discussed earlier in this thread, just be wary of the seller given the seller rating and others' past experiences.
This is a bit off-topic but related to something someone mentioned earlier. I just got off the phone with Overture Audio. Not only does Overture Audio in Michigan carry HiFiMAN high-end headphones, they also carry the Abyss! Now, it is not a question "if." I WILL be visiting Overture Audio as soon as I get back from college in late April. I can't wait... AHHHH!!! :D   EDIT: I found this on their Facebook page. They must have recently remodeled and expanded their stock of...
I have no full review as of yet with it looking like it will be coming Saturday evening at this point. However, my glowingly positive impressions have held consistently with everything, and I do mean everything. To put the Pioneer through its paces, I just pulled out some Blu-Ray movies, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope and Wreck-It Ralph, and I am being floored by this headphone's detailed vividness. These have the absolute perfect high-def treble sound I have been...
I'm not entirely sure about this particular offer since I didn't look myself, but I know for a fact that some of the recent exclusive offers on Slickdeals can only be unlocked if accessed through their own links. I think the rule really doesn't matter in those specific cases.
I won't have time to write a full description of my listening impressions until this Saturday. But, suffice it to say, "wow!" is all I have been thinking and not just about the sound quality, which, by the way, (spoiler alert!) is exactly like I envisioned it, but also the stellar build quality and the comfort. It is hands-down the most comfortable headphone I have donned to date: when I wear it, there is absolutely no lateral or vertical pressure and it feels as light as...