Posts by niranhopper

I owned both Adam A3X and HD800 around the same time. The Adams were very good speakers and pretty loud. Unfortunately my room was quite small and so i couldnt get the right room acoustics. If midrange and vocals are important, then probably HD800 may not be the best choice. Anyway the A3X will give you better imaging and soundstage that the HD800. So having the HD800 is redundant because they are best known in the headphone world for imaging and soundstage. A more...
The beauty of Grados is their beautiful open sound and low volume performance. I have listened to my fair share of flagships from other manufacturers but i would still pick the RS1 over the rest for low volume listening in the night and listening to live music. I agree that at higher volumes, the RS1 easily looses.  I guess in the current technical world, frequency response, distortion and efficiency matter more than simple pleasure of listening to music. That is...
Hi. New owner of DACMagic Pus checking in :) I am really impressed with this device. I have a problematic laptop which creates clicks, pops and hum frequently. I have tried many DACs (Dacport, DACMINI, V-DAC, Arcam R-dac.. ) and none of them could run smoothly on my laptop. They did run well on other laptops. I have no idea what Cambridge have done inside but the Dacmagic Plus runs extremely well over USB without any issues. I am still using the native Linux driver and...
My music preferrence is mostly classical and my favourite singers are Katherine Jenkins and Hayley Westenra. I have gone through almost all their songs and I am a bit bored now and looking to explore listening to singers who are quite similar. I also like listening to old classical christian hymns with large choir and am not a big fan of new age christian songs. Especially like musical arrangements with lead female vocals and organ.    Went to HMV the other day and...
The K1000 doesnt add any colour to the sound and is quite neutral. I guess that is due to the open design and lack of reflective cups. Pairing with a neutral amp doenst really get the best result. So apart from power, they also need a bit of colouration from the amp.
I recently got this phone (under a month) during my phone contract upgrade and i have used it for about a week. The phone is completely unlocked and can be used in any network. I find it too big to carry around and hence i am selling it. The phone is in the same condition as i bought it and i have installed a screen protector. It comes with original box and accessories.   Please feel free to ask me any questions.
Taking the advice of my doctor, i have decided to stop listening to headphones. However having them around makes me yield to temptation :). Hence for sale is Cambridge DACMagic (black) including original packaging and bills. I am selling it for 180 GBP in UK and 190 GBP in EU. My price includes shipping cost. Will upload pictures later today. Thanks for looking.   UPDATE:   Pictures uploaded in this classified
Taking the advice of my doctor, i have decided to stop listening to headphones. However having them around makes me yield to temptation :). Hence for sale is Matrix M-stage amp. Not sure where i kept the bill but will try and find out. I am selling it for 140 GBP which includes shipping cost to UK/EU. Will upload pictures later today. Thanks for looking.   UPDATE Pictures uploaded.
Taking the advice of my doctor, i have decided to stop listening to headphones. However having them around makes me yield to temptation :). Hence for sale is my Shure SE535 (bronze) complete with original packaging and bills. I have used the small black sleeve and the remaining sleeves are new.  I am selling it for 200 GBP which includes shipping cost to UK/EU. Will upload pictures later today. Thanks for looking.   UPDATE Uploaded pictures. Included are the...
Taking the advice of my doctor, i have decided to stop listening to headphones. However having them around makes me yield to temptation :). Hence for sale is my Sennheiser HD800 complete with original packaging, bills and frequency graph. I am selling it for 670 GBP which includes shipping cost to UK/EU. Will upload pictures later today. Thanks for looking.   UPDATE:   I have uploaded the pictures in this thread. There is a small nick in the paint on one earcup....