Posts by niranhopper

hi guys, i currently listen to a Grado RS2 powered by the Gilmore Lite Headphone amplifier. Since the AC output here is 220-230 V, i have a voltage stabiliser connected to a step down voltage converter connected to the ELPAC power supply connected to the Gilmore Lite. Since my power supply is complex, I was wondering if i should opt for the Gilmore power supply. Would it improve the soundstage and the sound quality? Is the gilmore lite still a value amp in the...
hi. i own an RS2 and i use the gilmore lite to power it up. i am able to listen only upto 25%(9 O-clock postion) volume in the gilmore amp. Anything above that is harsh and difficult to listen. my question is whether this is a normal listening volume for other user or do people hear more louder. is there anyway i can calculate the db value at this volume so that i can ensure that i dont stress my ears while listening. i remember some posts where users have indicated...
hi, i recently bought a Grado RS2 and it sounds great. I find the supplied cables to have a big gap between the internal wire and the external plastic. How durable are these cables? i am a bit apprehensive since i the cable on my E4C broke within a year. Should i consider upgrading the cables for better sound quality? thanks
hi.. i have received SCL4-K as the replacement for my E4C. i hope the sound quality is the same. is it advisable not to twist the cord around the ear to prolong the cord's life?
hi, i recently got introduced to the world of Hi Fi music after buying my Grado RS2 powered by Gilmore Lite. My music collection prior to my purchase were mostly pop music. Although the grado sound magical with instrumental, blue grass(allison krauss) and rock music, it does seem to do any magic on pop music. so, does that mean that the grados are not designed for pop music or i am beginning to prefer the other genres. would any other headphone do better on pop music?
thanks for the reply... can you please suggest a good DAC below 200 dollars. my budget is low because i have already spent a lot on my headphone setup.
hi guys, i am planning to buy a laptop. as i would need a line out socket to power my gilmore lite + Grado RS2, can you please suggest any laptop brand/model which will provide a true line out?
hi.. the E4c is a great neutral sounding IEM. the only problem i had with my E4C was the cable which broke near the ear piece(both ears) after one year of usage. i have sent for replacement. i recommend buying and also suggest that the you take proper care of the cable.
hi... i bought a Grado RS2. I find that after 30 minutes of constant listening, my right ear hurts. i don't face any problems with my left ear. Has anyone faced similar pains.
Would it help if i apply some insulation tape on the wire which comes in contact with the skin?