Posts by niranhopper

Hi, Would the NAD 545 CDPlayer be suitable with Grado RS2 headphone? i read in a review that the CDPlayer is very detail and am worried if it would make my headphone very bright. Most of my listening would be with my Grado and i want to be sure that the synergy is good. Any suggestions guys or can people who have used the NAD 545 player share your experince? Thanks in advance!!!
Pics of the headphone availabe at the following link, Picasa Web Albums - bunny - Grado RS2 Please ping me if interested
Hi, I am looking to buy a good CD Player with USB input and found out the Yamaha CDS700 to suit my needs. However i am not able to find any reviews on this player. If anyone has used this player, can you please suggest or recommend? Are there any other similar players? Thanks...
ok.. so i guess V-DAC should have a great synergy with the Grados cause it would complement the treble brightness of the grados.
hi, thanks for the reply. i havent considered the pico upsampling DAC so far.. is it better than the V-DAC or DAC Magic when connected to a computer? i prefer quaility over size. I feel my Grado is already bright enough and would prefer a calmer presentation.
Hi, My current setup is a Grado rs2 powered by a gilmore lite. Most of my music is on my laptop as either mp3 or flac. so i want to buy a DAC but not sure whether V-DAC or DAC Magic is more suited for my setup. i dont mind spending extra on the DAC Magic but it should be definitely better that the V-DAC. Also most of my music is pop and rock. i am not a big fan of bassy music. Any suggestions board members? is there any other DAC in this price range that would more...
hi. i have an RS2 (with buttons) which i am planning to sell. please let me know your offerings. Am also interested in source components and DAC.
Hi i just moved to manchester, UK and wish to sell my one year 3 months old Grado RS2. The grill on the right ear is loose but it has been loose since i bought the phone. also some paint on the grill has faded (visible in the pics) i could not send it to grado in my warrenty period since i was in india. usage is around 200-300 hrs along with the Gilmore Lite. Sonically it is in perfert condition. i am willing to sell it for 200 (am getting the HF-2 soon) pounds and...
Checked with Justin to find out that DPS is no longer available. Anyway i was wondering if my money would be better spent in upgrading my source. My current source is the line out from a standard Phillips DVD player. I dont have any complaints since i havent heard from a better source. Would a DAC like the "HeadRoom Micro DAC" offer significant improvement over my current source? Is there any better options available than the "HeadRoom Micro DAC"?
hi guys, i currently listen to a Grado RS2 powered by the Gilmore Lite Headphone amplifier. Since the AC output here is 220-230 V, i have a voltage stabiliser connected to a step down voltage converter connected to the ELPAC power supply connected to the Gilmore Lite. Since my power supply is complex, I was wondering if i should opt for the Gilmore power supply. Would it improve the soundstage and the sound quality? Is the gilmore lite still a value amp in the...